Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 3275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    holy shit so that means all the moves that people have been hailing as coups by bez have actually been coups by nelsen
    yeah, which worries me significantly now that Bez is in charge. Why didnt he bring people in when we have needed them?
    Can someone draw up a list to compare each persons signings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

defoe reportedly offered to arsenal on a short term loan deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what short term loan deal is? We don't want to loan him when he is in his early thirties and then have him on our roster and our payroll in his close to mid thirties. We need him NOW to make the playoffs or sell him and move on. Selling him outright is not that bad of an idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stefan Vukovic is back with the club. Was a late sub for the academy team in L1O this weekend and scored a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I wonder what short term loan deal is? We don't want to loan him when he is in his early thirties and then have him on our roster and our payroll in his close to mid thirties. We need him NOW to make the playoffs or sell him and move on. Selling him outright is not that bad of an idea.
    looks to be until January and then there would be a look to a permanent move to the Premier League. Source is the Telegraph.

I think if we loan him then we would be looking to up his value. Remember Arsenal have 1 striker fit right now and he's extremely inexperienced
    Last edited by portu; 09-01-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was he really that good the only memories i have of him are him playing capitol one cup and fa cup games with arsenal and partying.. a lot of partying
    I don't know about the partying, but he was very dynamic, hard tackles and smart quick passes. That said he only played a couple games and then got injured and sent back to Arsenal. I do think a lot of my/other wolves fan's good impressions of him was his personality, which led him to be a bit of a cult hero at Wolves (kind of like Elokobi - someone else I'd love to see at Toronto). He was also very passionate and engaged with fans.

Speaking of former Wolves players, how about a swoop for Ebanks-blake? Hasn't quite been good since his injury, but if he could regain his past form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I don't know about the partying, but he was very dynamic, hard tackles and smart quick passes. That said he only played a couple games and then got injured and sent back to Arsenal. I do think a lot of my/other wolves fan's good impressions of him was his personality, which led him to be a bit of a cult hero at Wolves (kind of like Elokobi - someone else I'd love to see at Toronto). He was also very passionate and engaged with fans.

Speaking of former Wolves players, how about a swoop for Ebanks-blake? Hasn't quite been good since his injury, but if he could regain his past form.
    but do we really need a forward even if defoe does leave?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are good with Gilberto and Moore starting. They seem to play well together. People on this forum seem to rate Dike very high, I am not sold yet, but let's give him a shot at being our 3rd striker off of the bench. We could potentially also play with one striker and maybe have Osorio as the attacking midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a huge need. But if ebanks-blake is willing to take a pay cut, would be good depth below Moore, or take over from Moore. Though I suppose Ebanks-Blake is more of a poacher than a support striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kid I would have loved was just sold by AC Milan to Benfica for 6 million Euros. http://football-italia.net/55319/ben...-cristante-fee

Kids has Canadian citizenship too cause his pops was born here. I know it's a pipe dream but just gives us a look at the level of player, age and cost that we spend on someone like Defoe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    The kid I would have loved was just sold by AC Milan to Benfica for 6 million Euros. http://football-italia.net/55319/ben...-cristante-fee

Kids has Canadian citizenship too cause his pops was born here. I know it's a pipe dream but just gives us a look at the level of player, age and cost that we spend on someone like Defoe.
    Thanks for link. Never heard of him. Canadian citizen. Wow.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He would not come to Toronto FC so it doesn't matter that we have the money to pay for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    He would not come to Toronto FC so it doesn't matter that we have the money to pay for him.
    I know. LOL

That's why I've called it a pipe dream. He wants to further his career and TFC just isn't a place where he can do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Thanks for link. Never heard of him. Canadian citizen. Wow.
    You're welcome. He's a great young player and it upsets me that AC Milan sold him. Hoped he'd get to play for a huge club. Oh well.

I'd imagine most haven't heard of him because of where he has come up. It's crazy considering he's a kid with Canadian citizenship.

I know I'll catch shit for saying this….but I'll do it anyway.

If he was born in rural England to a couple who's dad was born and raised in Toronto……came up through the EPL youth system at lets say….Man U…..we would have been begging for him for years.

It's just how football is in Canada. One dimensional. And it's happened at TFC too….which is heartbreaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should go after Steven Vitoria from Benfica good old Mississauga boy! He will fix our D issues!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never would happen, he left Milan because he wanted to play big minutes are Inzaghi couldn't give it to him because we just signed Van Ginkle. Kid wants to remain in Europe, he's 19 and won a lot of awards in youth teams. Cant believe we sold him but its best for his development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Never would happen, he left Milan because he wanted to play big minutes are Inzaghi couldn't give it to him because we just signed Van Ginkle. Kid wants to remain in Europe, he's 19 and won a lot of awards in youth teams. Cant believe we sold him but its best for his development.
    Oh I know. It's a tough pill to swallow as a Milan fan but it will be good for him which should turn out good for the Azzurri.

I just mean that I wish TFC had their eyes on guys like this. Younger….more technical.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Stefan Vukovic is back with the club. Was a late sub for the academy team in L1O this weekend and scored a goal.
    It was a sick goal too; ran diagonal through the penalty box to slot home

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTZ View Post
    We should go after Steven Vitoria from Benfica good old Mississauga boy! He will fix our D issues!!
    The guy who played for Portugal at the Canada U21 WC? Fuck him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still lots of interest in Defoe from other EPL teams

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/tr...e?ICID=HP_BN_1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember steven vitoria from estoril great player didnt know he was canadian born though

at this point we need to throw any right wing nationalism aside and just sign a quality centerback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is insanity if true, Defoe is worth more to us now in the next 10 games then ever in our entire history... Sell him and better the team next transfer window or keep him and make the playoffs... my god was a ridiculous idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This is insanity if true, Defoe is worth more to us now in the next 10 games then ever in our entire history... Sell him and better the team next transfer window or keep him and make the playoffs... my god was a ridiculous idea.
    Agreed. A loan deal would be the dumbest transaction in club history, unless this guy is such a malcontent that he'll be disruptive and distract the team.

They need him here or off the books completely, no middle ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed. A loan deal would be the dumbest transaction in club history, unless this guy is such a malcontent that he'll be disruptive and distract the team.

They need him here or off the books completely, no middle ground.
    Bingo. Nobody wanted to believe that Defoe might have been disruptive in the locker room. Disruptive doesnt have to mean throwing tantrums or kicking boots at the manager, but it could be passive aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you have a guy making 6mil sitting beside guys making 50k and 100k..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumour has it Leicester is in play for Defoe, great holiday doing yardwork and periodically checking the BBC transfer news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC can confirm Defoe is here to stay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 10m
    BREAKING: @TheTorontoSun can confirm that Jermain Defoe will remain at TFC after rejecting multiple bids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i can go and BBQ now and enjoy a beer. Looking forward to Wednesday and Saturday going from 33 pts to 39 pts in 5 days. Here's hoping it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 10m
    BREAKING: @TheTorontoSun can confirm that Jermain Defoe will remain at TFC after rejecting multiple bids.

Let the damage control and PR spin BEGIN!!!!