Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Lovitz has looked good when he's played. I feel like he's more a winger than Jackson and Oduro who more wide forwards (we'll I'd argue Jackson doesn't play a position). I don't think Pasher is the solution to our wide player problems. I feel like the team needs someone who's played in the MLS or at comparative or higher level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pasher is depth player with some upside who can play as LW or LB at best. Signing Pasher could possibly be kiss of death for Morgan's future with TFC.

However, he's under contract with Finnish club for couple of more years, so I highly doubt Pasher is going to sign with TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see a 2nd division Finish club releasing him to come to TFC - things like have a history of happening.

I think TFC should try to change Morgan into a wide mid / winger. It's actually where he was playing when he entered the academy set up. TFC needs desperately to get some wide players who can deliver the ball into the box (I don't think Morgan's the answer either, despite what I said above). A lot of TFC's wins are flukey and weird. We don't really win on purpose / straight up very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess people must have seen more from him than i ever did. Save one performance against a disinterested Liverpool team, never thought he was anything special.

Would put my money on whatever is coming out of NCAA, Kevon Black from the academy, or any other number of guys we have produced first, before even considering it. Maybe just to fill out a USL squad next year? Otherwise, I think we've produced more dynamic players, who still haven't been able to transition to the pro level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe TFC traded its draft spot to the Whitecaps so they could draft Kekutah Manneh. What a wasted opportunity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    and Pasher played in Finnish 2nd div, which is like, high school soccer probably
    I saw an Icelandic second division game recently (don't ask), and I was amazed at the good caliber of play. That league is full of guys that could play in MLS. But Finland isn't Iceland.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I can't believe TFC traded its draft spot to the Whitecaps so they could draft Kekutah Manneh. What a wasted opportunity.
    To be fair, we really don't know what Toronto's salary cap constraints were at the start of the season - Payne dangled picks to get allocation - he didn't have a trade target or anything, just needed relief, and given the eye-gouging salaries of O'Dea and Eckersley, maybe it was something that had to be done - also, Eric Hassli was still on the books

The incompetency of the previous regimes may have written off that draft before we got there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LukeWileman: Despite already having 3 Designated Players, wouldn't be at all surprised if Toronto FC somehow manage to sign DaMarcus Beasley #MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference between Beasley and Eckersley as far as contract albatross would be?

No thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The difference between Beasley and Eckersley as far as contract albatross would be?

No thanks.
    I think Beasley looked excellent in the WC. Very versatile, can play left full, left mid or left wing. Very experienced and always gives 100%. All depends on the contract but worth looking at imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah im not willing to jump on the hell no boat until i see what hes getting paid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

No thanks.
    In doing a lot of reading between the lines in regards to what other MLS teams are doing with contracts I am lead to believe that there are some big changes coming to the salary structure of MLS next season. I am pretty sure our brass isn't like the hillbilly convention of Mo and Anselmi angling for players without a thought to the cap back in the day. Pretty sure Bez isn't that stupid and I also would believe that he has a feed onto what the new salary landscape might be for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest difference I can see between Beasley and Eckersley is trade value to US based MLS teams. Beasley would be a half season rental and if he did not fill a TFC need he could be moved in the off season...while his post WC Brazil profile is still high. Beasley or Jackson out to the left of Bradley?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I saw an Icelandic second division game recently (don't ask), and I was amazed at the good caliber of play. That league is full of guys that could play in MLS. But Finland isn't Iceland.
    I also try and catch Icelandic football when we travel through Reykjavík to the UK. It is very enjoyable football, and I feel could compete in MLS also. Don't know much about Finland either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    In doing a lot of reading between the lines in regards to what other MLS teams are doing with contracts I am lead to believe that there are some big changes coming to the salary structure of MLS next season. I am pretty sure our brass isn't like the hillbilly convention of Mo and Anselmi angling for players without a thought to the cap back in the day. Pretty sure Bez isn't that stupid and I also would believe that he has a feed onto what the new salary landscape might be for next season.
    Oh, I know.

In Bez we trust.

More reacting to the tweet rumour. I would see Beasley as an upgrade on Jackson passing wise and defensively and in finding spaces. Not a significant upgrade on Morrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SoccerInsider: High price tag for Beasley, 32-yr-old LB/LMF. Curious to see how many MLS clubs are serious. No Canadian sides, I'm told

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogan Ephraim is a free agent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    To be fair, we really don't know what Toronto's salary cap constraints were at the start of the season - Payne dangled picks to get allocation - he didn't have a trade target or anything, just needed relief, and given the eye-gouging salaries of O'Dea and Eckersley, maybe it was something that had to be done - also, Eric Hassli was still on the books

The incompetency of the previous regimes may have written off that draft before we got there
    Bingo.

People need to read this post before criticizing Payne not picking Manneh or some other player. We needed to create cap space due to signing crazy contract on mediocre players like Ecks and O'Dea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beasley to Houston.

https://twitter.com/PolancoESA/statu...45656810528768

@diegocora_ESPN Confirms that Damarcus Beasley already has a team... to play in @HoustonDynamo. Return to #MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Bingo.

People need to read this post before criticizing Payne not picking Manneh or some other player. We needed to create cap space due to signing crazy contract on mediocre players like Ecks and O'Dea.
    Payne could've made those trades for allocation and still ended up with two of Manneh, Brown, or Powers. Instead he opted for Bekker and Welshman. Clearly he put too much emphasis on their passports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Payne could've made those trades for allocation and still ended up with two of Manneh, Brown, or Powers. Instead he opted for Bekker and Welshman. Clearly he put too much emphasis on their passports.
    Trade what exactly? We clearly had no assets to trade besides draft picks. If wasn't for Payne's cap management, we wouldn't be in this position we're right now to sign quality players.

Also keep in mind that Bekker had really good combine and was consider one of top players in draft.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the standings right now three of TFC's four first round draft picks could be in the bottom half even with in the bottom third, so trade value would be decreased.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Trade what exactly? We clearly had no assets to trade besides draft picks. If wasn't for Payne's cap management, we wouldn't be in this position we're right now to sign quality players.

Also keep in mind that Bekker had really good combine and was consider one of top players in draft.
    I meant instead of taking Bekker and Welshman, we could've taken Manneh/Brown/Powers, two of which are GA too. I was fine with trading down in the draft and picking up allocation, but he used the picks on the wrong players. Sure it's all hindsight, but Payne got too focused on taking Canadians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Based on the standings right now three of TFC's four first round draft picks could be in the bottom half even with in the bottom third, so trade value would be decreased.
    three?

Portland, Chivas, and who?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    three?

Portland, Chivas, and who?
    conditional 1st rd pick from seattle for frei
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    I meant instead of taking Bekker and Welshman, we could've taken Manneh/Brown/Powers, two of which are GA too. I was fine with trading down in the draft and picking up allocation, but he used the picks on the wrong players. Sure it's all hindsight, but Payne got too focused on taking Canadians.
    Every analyst thought Toronto came out of that draft with the best player in the combine and one of the more overlooked players in the draft plus cash... which translated into job very well done. Hindsight, absolutely, but at the time, Payne looked like a deal making machine

I don't think the focus was getting canadian players, but it may have been a little tunnel vision on getting players that address needs rather than 2 best players at that pick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    conditional 1st rd pick from seattle for frei
    "Based on the standings right now three of TFC's four first round draft picks could be in the bottom half"

I was curious as to what was the third pick in the bottom half

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't they going to give the 1st and 2nd overall picks to NYCFC and Orlando anyway?

So, best we can do is 3rd.

But, still with 3 total picks in the draft Tim B. can work his magic
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have a total of 4 when you include our own pick..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tweet:
    https://twitter.com/PolancoESA/statu...45656810528768
    says Houston is getting DeMarcus Beasley. Shouldn't we get something for the first allocation spot? Do we have to say we want him? We might not be able to claim him since we have 3 DPs?