Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INF is listed on this website as TFC property take it for whats it worth...

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/isse...ler_43346.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    INF is listed on this website as TFC property take it for whats it worth...

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/isse...ler_43346.html
    transfermarkt always has seemed pretty legit to me. It's not editable by the public right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno but wiki is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO my fellow TFC fans who do you see us signing in the offseason as our new GK any big names that we could singn in the 23-28 year old age range with some professional experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    SO my fellow TFC fans who do you see us signing in the offseason as our new GK any big names that we could singn in the 23-28 year old age range with some professional experience?
    New gk? No thanks. Very happy w bendik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/st...14980158414848

"Issey Nakajima-Farran says he was supposed to sign with Toronto FC yesterday, hold up in paperwork."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how he'd improve you guys..Saw him at Brisbane down here and he was one of those players that really flattered to deceive. Lots of little stupid tricks but wasn't good enough to pull it off - turned out to be nowhere near consistently good enough for the A-League (and he was trying to slot into the best team in the league at the time that was playing some great stuff, so should've been easier)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoke with Issey today, he's pretty confident about a signing but hasn't signed yet. Isn't sure what the hold up is all about.

He has his own locker though, sans name plate, so it looks close to being finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    No money for another GK.

Cesar fell into our lap for free.

Next year will be Bendik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably earlier than next year. I don't think Cesar will be back after the world cup. QPR will want him for the start of next season....hopefully i'm wrong though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valeo View Post
    Not sure how he'd improve you guys..Saw him at Brisbane down here and he was one of those players that really flattered to deceive. Lots of little stupid tricks but wasn't good enough to pull it off - turned out to be nowhere near consistently good enough for the A-League (and he was trying to slot into the best team in the league at the time that was playing some great stuff, so should've been easier)
    Not really here to improve us, just to provide depth. He won't be starting very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    Probably earlier than next year. I don't think Cesar will be back after the world cup. QPR will want him for the start of next season....hopefully i'm wrong though.
    They don't want him back - they are trying to force him out because they can't afford his reported. 90k/week since being relegated.

That is why Redknap was starting Green, who is an inferior keeper.

What they hope is he has an amazing WC and someone wants to buy him - and more importantly wants to pay him a high enough wage to entice him to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They don't want him back - they are trying to force him out because they can't afford his reported. 90k/week since being relegated.

That is why Redknap was starting Green, who is an inferior keeper.

What they hope is he has an amazing WC and someone wants to buy him - and more importantly wants to pay him a high enough wage to entice him to go.
    They'd probably settle for covering part of the cost at this point. He won't be getting more than he does in his current deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They'd probably settle for covering part of the cost at this point. He won't be getting more than he does in his current deal.
    It is not about making more money, it is simply about find a club that will take him on his current wages as he still have two seasons left on it. I am sure after a strong World Cup performance interest will pick up, we will have to see.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It is not about making more money, it is simply about find a club that will take him on his current wages as he still have two seasons left on it. I am sure after a strong World Cup performance interest will pick up, we will have to see.
    Wasn't suggesting it was about that. I'll be surprised if anyone takes the whole thing, it will be about QPR recovering some reasonable chunk, which they've been unable to do so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC8 View Post
    Pretty sure the loan deal was until December if memory serves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure loan is for full year, but with option for QPR to recall him at any time (obviously).

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wasn't suggesting it was about that. I'll be surprised if anyone takes the whole thing, it will be about QPR recovering some reasonable chunk, which they've been unable to do so far.
    Suspect you are correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Pretty sure the loan deal was until December if memory serves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Pretty sure loan is for full year, but with option for QPR to recall him at any time (obviously).

- Scott
    I do believe the option to recall is there (they almost always are for loans in England). Recalls will have to happen in the transfer window(the English window)

So if someone wants to buy him, they can recall him and move him. If not, I suspect that we will have him until the end of the season.

Hope for him to have a stinker of a WC folks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As well as Bendik did well last year, Cesar's presence seems to instill a new confidence in our backline. He hasn't even been tested too much over the past 2 games but his experience has really showed.

Going to be a shame when he leaves at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC supporter's evaluation of the possession disparity in the game:

"Did you watch Toronto @ Seattle? Unlike DC United, Toronto has a system of play, and that system of play is that they don't care one tiny whit about possession. They simply care about keeping you from doing anything dangerous when you have possession, and then moving the ball forward against you quickly when you lose possession. That's how they played against Seattle, and that's how they played against us. Our advantage in possession was meaningless because all they cared about was making sure we did little dangerous while we had possession. Hence the Opta analysis of the match showing that even though we outpossessed and outpassed them, we had fewer key passes and dangerous situations. We had more of the ball, but we didn't do anything at all with it, which is how Toronto plays."

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Did you watch Toronto @ Seattle? Unlike DC United, Toronto has a system of play, and that system of play is that they don't care one tiny whit about possession. They simply care about keeping you from doing anything dangerous when you have possession, and then moving the ball forward against you quickly when you lose possession. That's how they played against Seattle, and that's how they played against us. Our advantage in possession was meaningless because all they cared about was making sure we did little dangerous while we had possession. Hence the Opta analysis of the match showing that even though we outpossessed and outpassed them, we had fewer key passes and dangerous situations. We had more of the ball, but we didn't do anything at all with it, which is how Toronto plays."

- Scott
    I agree. We definitely outplayed them and if finishing was on the money this one could have gotten ugly for them.

The possession thing worries me more against other teams. As far as this game goes, I think we gave away the ball half-assed at times but otherwise we created enough opportunities to win, which is all you can ask for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    I can see DC supporter point here, but I still question the 'our strategy' to give the ball away cheaply.
    I would say if DC had similar quality upfront, on top of their possession stats, the game could have finished differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I asked him after the game and I think he said this week he's hoping everything is signed, but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Spoke with Issey today, he's pretty confident about a signing but hasn't signed yet. Isn't sure what the hold up is all about.

He has his own locker though, sans name plate, so it looks close to being finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, this is the transfer thread, not the match thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone give me a brief description of why MLS has a limit on DPs? If I understand correctly we lost Laba because we went out and got Gilberto, Defoe and Bradley... That's insanity why would we have to weaken our team if we have the funds... Surely im misunderstanding this, or theres a benefit im not aware of. Does this mean we can't bring in anyone else until we trade away Defoe, Bradley or Gilberto? Sorry I am a new TFC fan, just don't understand this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Could someone give me a brief description of why MLS has a limit on DPs? If I understand correctly we lost Laba because we went out and got Gilberto, Defoe and Bradley... That's insanity why would we have to weaken our team if we have the funds... Surely im misunderstanding this, or theres a benefit im not aware of. Does this mean we can't bring in anyone else until we trade away Defoe, Bradley or Gilberto? Sorry I am a new TFC fan, just don't understand this.

Short story (it's really long and complicated if you want all the illogical details): MLS is a hard salary capped league. In order to allow teams to sign players to improve the quality of the league, each club is allowed up to 3 roster spots (non tradeable) that are designated as outside of the salary cap (the player takes up one 'maximum' salary cap slot, and the rest of the contract is just the teams business). If those roster spots are being used, then at present*, we cannot add an extra designated player. So yes, as of right now we cannot add an extra DP unless we moved one of Defoe, Bradley or Gilberto

*the DP rules basically change on a biannual basis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading into it, I guess its to ensure teams like TFC and Seattle don't take off in their spending... Parity is a must! All teams must suck equally! Hopefully the lesser name teams get up to 3 DPs soon so the rule can be changed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the MLS didn't have a DP limit and salay cap, you would have teams like LA and NYRB's having multi-million dollar squads of internationals playing teams like Chivas who would have 5 plumbers, 3 electricians, and 3 garbage collectors playing for them! There is so much disparity between the teams in the league still, that having an open market league would just be totally unequal, unfortunately. The DP limit just makes the whole league more sustainable and competative throughout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind it is not perfectly equal. Money still gets you places in this league, but it can't make up for shitting the bed on all your regular roster signings either.