Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    what was the question? "What's up with the trade"?
    Basically it was "what is with the issey trade"

the he came over to the railing and said with that typical TL smile (the we have something up our sleeve smile) "you'll see"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Basically it was "what is with the issey trade"

the he came over to the railing and said with that typical TL smile (the we have something up our sleeve smile) "you'll see"
    this?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Shea-...ail/story.html
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably. I think everything from that indicates that a deal couldn't get done on time and he'll return to MLS this summer. Regardless of if he comes here or not, it means we're getting another big piece in the summer.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 05-19-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Probably. I think everything from that indicates that a deal couldn't get done on time and he'll return to MLS this summer. Regardless of if he comes here or not, it means we're getting another big piece in the summer.
    That story is just a rewrite of Armen's from a couple of days ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking the Brek deal fell apart like it's been reported.

Knowing the Tims they have multiple opitions on the go. They could even be using the Brek talks as a cover for something more.

After the fact it looks like the Gila talks in the preseason were to cover the Bradley talks. They could be doing the same thing here.

But it's all speculation. Either way there still looking to improve and that's a bonus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There HAS to be something in the works to explain the Issey trade. I just hope they can actually pull it off unlike last year when they gave away Silva but came up empty handed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    There HAS to be something in the works to explain the Issey trade. I just hope they can actually pull it off unlike last year when they gave away Silva but came up empty handed.
    Which got Kevin Payne fired or at least one of reasons why he was let go. Tim B better come up with something in summer transfer if he doesn't want to face anymore criticism from fanbase and media (?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like VAN is interested in camilo again...since they sold him wouldn't we have 1st dibs on him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    looks like VAN is interested in camilo again...since they sold him wouldn't we have 1st dibs on him...
    Maybe we should sign Camilo to troll Vancouver.

But seriously, I personally think MLS will not want Camilo coming back after what he did in the off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we cant sign him...but it would force van to make a trade with us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

But seriously, I personally think MLS will not want Camilo coming back after what he did in the off-season.
    Yeah I can't see the leauge allowing any team to sign him after what happened in the offseason.

And any hint that Vancouver would want him at all sounds disfunctional. Guy walked out of your club basically and went to a Liga MX side and basically signed there and forced you to move him. Yeah sounds exactly like a guy I would want on my squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    We got allocation. Allocation that played a hand in us:

1) signing Morrow and Jackson
    2) shedding Eckersley
    3) allowing us room to sign another significant piece

Just because you can't clearly see the end results doesn't mean allocation isn't real or not applied. and considering Silva's value around the league at the time and his actual skill level, I'm sure we got a heck of a deal for him. This was one of many deals that we have to commend Payne for. Silva is shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and what is to stop him for walking off again.. pulling a Plata.

No I think what is happening in Mexico is wonderful Karma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Camilo Sanvezzo is coming back to the league, i wonder if we would trade our allocation ranking for Matias Laba and a first round draft pick, so we can finish off our depth, and move Bradley to a more of an attacking role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    and what is to stop him for walking off again.. pulling a Plata.

No I think what is happening in Mexico is wonderful Karma.
    Didn't we get rid of Plata because he hit a bit of a dry spell ( as did the entire team at the time), then Mariner took over and shipped him off because he thought he couldn't fit him into his playing style?

Not sure how that's like Camilo at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    If Camilo Sanvezzo is coming back to the league, i wonder if we would trade our allocation ranking for Matias Laba and a first round draft pick, so we can finish off our depth, and move Bradley to a more of an attacking role
    Can only make that move if you move one of our DPs hence why he's in Vancouver now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we get rid of Plata because he hit a bit of a dry spell ( as did the entire team at the time), then Mariner took over and shipped him off because he thought he couldn't fit him into his playing style?

Plata walked out on the team. He forced a loan back to LDU Quito and still didn't want to play here when he had to return. He forced our hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really get understand what Camillo did to make everyone as mad as they are? he what, asked for a bigger contract? guy had to be one of the most underpaid in the league?

anyway I wonder who else their looking at right now. nice situation to be in if your Vancouver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Plata walked out on the team. He forced a loan back to LDU Quito and still didn't want to play here when he had to return. He forced our hand.
    Well, I don't want to get into this debate, but I will say this: if you had a manager like Mariner then I could see why Plata will force his way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata walked out on the team in the same thing as what happened with Camilo. When he came back we traded him right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't want to get into this debate, but I will say this: if you had a manager like Mariner then I could see why Plata will force his way out.
    I understand why he did it, how he did it though was unprofessional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    we cant sign him...but it would force van to make a trade with us?

for Carl Robinson??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was always certain that Shea would not come here. I do nor know why. But the Issy deal really makes me wonder if something else is coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I understand why he did it, how he did it though was unprofessional.
    I think sometimes our expectations as fans of players behaviour is a little bit over the top. You work in a place with a bad boss and a poisonous environment, you need to keep your options open.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious about people's idea of how or why the Issey trade means something else is in the works? Warner plays a different position, costs more, and we added allocation. What benefits did TFC get out of this deal that have any indication that something else is coming? Am I missing something?

what I mean is we didn't gain any cap room, didn't gain any intentional spots, or any other assets.

The ONLY thing I can think of is TFC is ABOUT to sign a winger who would have surely seen Issey benched, so TFC wanted to replace him with a player that fits into a needed role, for example CDM
    Last edited by Ivy; 05-20-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cue the Ashley Cole and Rio Ferdinand rumours. I was just reading the Sky sports website and funny enough TFC are listed as one of the teams in the betting list to sign Cole. We were well down the list at 40-1 odds, Galaxy are around 10-1. All total speculative rumours of course. Rio is listed as 10/11 to move to MLS so obviously the bookies are convinced he's coming over here and I would not be surprised if he does. I think it would totally suit his game and personality.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Big names + big money = 4th DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We gave up allocation and took on a more expensive player. Perhaps it is the stop gap for bradley until the window reopens. I am with you that it seems there is another shoe to drop. Would suck to Hall right now. Hurt and dropping down the depth chart.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder, Nelsen didn't rate Issy as a starter. He rates Rey and Jackson ahead of him.

So when Montreal is asked for Warner, they ask for somebody who isn't a starter.

Its a starter for a sub + allocation.

Now, whether Warner works out or not is another issue.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm curious about people's idea of how or why the Issey trade means something else is in the works? Warner plays a different position, costs more, and we added allocation. What benefits did TFC get out of this deal that have any indication that something else is coming? Am I missing something?

what I mean is we didn't gain any cap room, didn't gain any intentional spots, or any other assets.

The ONLY thing I can think of is TFC is ABOUT to sign a winger who would have surely seen Issey benched, so TFC wanted to replace him with a player that fits into a needed role, for example CDM
    Its pretty simple, Warner will be proving the defensive mid role that we lost when Hall went down. Bekker is not able to do the role with all the games coming up. When Bradley returns he will be in an offensive mid role. There may be more moves but nothing big from what I am hearing.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil