Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could get him on loan for dirt cheap, wouldn't hurt. Although seeing that Dike is aiming for a late summer return, we may be not in need.

Super excited Issey is going to play here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    @KristianJack: Canadian international Issey Nakajima Farran and his agent left the Toronto FC training facility today with the deal 'virtually done'. #tfc

Looks like it's a done deal.
    So I guess he did not travel to Seattle today, but I guess if this is done he could get out their by tomorrow.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So I guess he did not travel to Seattle today, but I guess if this is done he could get out their by tomorrow.
    That's if they even got out before the storm. It they did he can always meet with them there tomorrow.

I'm lukewarm about it but a domestic player on a low wage helps our depth out and now if some knocks floating around gives us some cover. So I'll hold back judgement of this deal.

As a CMNT supporter it's great to see guys getting into teams and hopefully getting some playing time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    That's if they even got out before the storm. It they did he can always meet with them there tomorrow.

I'm lukewarm about it but a domestic player on a low wage helps our depth out and now if some knocks floating around gives us some cover. So I'll hold back judgement of this deal.

As a CMNT supporter it's great to see guys getting into teams and hopefully getting some playing time.
    It is a low cost domestic depth signing at best, which I really have no problem with. Depth could become an issue really quickly for the Reds if any sort of injury bug really hits the club, so having guys around like this works well.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds roster currently sits at 27. While the club has not officially announced it, Daniel Lovitz said on twitter that he has signed a contract. Not sure about the status of Kene Eze, even though he is still listed on the TFC website. With at least four players likely going on loan to Wilmington, a third GK and at least one long term injury in Dike, the Reds could really be low on numbers for selection, sp bringing in more depth could be key. INF is a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like for TFC to take a look at Babayele Sodade. He just had a trial in MyPa.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/baba...er_217539.html

He was injured a year or so ago with the CAN U23 and was the reason or part of the reason he was released from Seattle.

He would fit the big target striker mold in the 5th striker role that could transition to Wilmington when Dike gets back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agent says Farran close to signing with TFC

http://bit.ly/1cUKXvE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised there isn't more discussion in here about a replacement for Dike. What are we doing there? Are we really going to give Wiedeman serious minutes?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Surprised there isn't more discussion in here about a replacement for Dike. What are we doing there? Are we really going to give Wiedeman serious minutes?
    I suspect with the "signing" of Issey we will see Dero lodge a lot of minutes up top. Not saying that's the answer, but more minutes for him and less for wieds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If your fifth guy can't get sub minutes when two other players are out with long-term injuries, he's not worth having on a team at all.

Defoe and Dero will start, Gilberto will start with Defoe if he's healthy. Dike would've been third or fourth option no matter what and Wiedeman is fifth man, with Hamilton probably going on loan. But there's no point having a guy on the senior team if he's not going to play under any circumstance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If your fifth guy can't get sub minutes when two other players are out with long-term injuries, he's not worth having on a team at all.

Defoe and Dero will start, Gilberto will start with Defoe if he's healthy. Dike would've been third or fourth option no matter what and Wiedeman is fifth man, with Hamilton probably going on loan. But there's no point having a guy on the senior team if he's not going to play under any circumstance.
    Agreed, but it's worth noting that Dike's absence leaves a void in the roster that can't be filled by any of our current reserves. We could really use a target man with size to add another dimension to our attack.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund must have a pretty crappy first touch and or feet of clay if he went in college from being a huge vertical leap forward target man to a CD.

We basically need a guy as big as him with a decent enough touch on the ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hagglund must have a pretty crappy first touch and or feet of clay if he went in college from being a huge vertical leap forward target man to a CD.

We basically need a guy as big as him with a decent enough touch on the ball.
    A lot of kids start off as a striker and end up as a centrebacks. Rio Ferdinand for one. Kevin McKenna is another
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I guess that's what I am saying. I look at the depth on other teams, in another thread, and I see better options.

Wiedeman is just so slow.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say that even with this overhaul we are going to have to wait for depth to come sadly (spose thats pretty obvious)

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Gotta say that even with this overhaul we are going to have to wait for depth to come sadly (spose thats pretty obvious)
    Yep.

In MLS, depth comes via the Superdraft. There is no short cut.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Yep.

In MLS, depth comes via the Superdraft. There is no short cut.
    yep and developing HGs (and some decent scouted signings)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While not really a fan, I believe Wiedeman is considered hard working and very well liked in the locker room. For a fifth strike option? Understandably other teams have better but still.

I believe the real solution in that case would be putting Rey up top (played there on occasion in Spain) or changing the formation *gasp*.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    We could get him on loan for dirt cheap, wouldn't hurt. Although seeing that Dike is aiming for a late summer return, we may be not in need.

Super excited Issey is going to play here.
    Issey could turn out to be one of the best signings. We would finally have REAL wingers!
    really too bad dike not here to head in some crosses though. Thats where his athleticism pays off most

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't we still have loan options from the Bradley and Laba deals? Or I am remembering this wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we received 'future considerations' from Van for laba, but I don't recall anything about a loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Don't we still have loan options from the Bradley and Laba deals? Or I am remembering this wrong?
    Roma i believe we a relationship that will allow us to bring in a player or players at some point over the next few years. I don't think we still have anything from Argentinos Jr's, remember someone asking a while ago and tfc journalists said they no longer had that option.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I know we received 'future considerations' from Van for laba, but I don't recall anything about a loan.
    I think we had some agreement with Laba's squad from Argentina......I think that is what Ron meant.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Depends if they take him permanently or not. Basically its a loan with different wording.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be nothing... could be something:

gale agbossoumonde ‏@galecuse17 9m Everything happens for a reason.... Keep your head up by Andy Grammer on repeat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to Larson.Issey is with the club in Seattle..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    could be nothing... could be something:

gale agbossoumonde ‏@galecuse17 9m Everything happens for a reason.... Keep your head up by Andy Grammer on repeat
    Not in the 18 would be my bet. I expect Hagglund will be in the 18 instead. He's versatile. Can replace both RB and CB coming off the bench, perhaps even ST in a pinch from what some have said here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quillan Roberts and Manny Aparicio heading to Wilmington, along with Lovitz, according to Larson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Kurt Larson:

It seems Toronto FC and Canadian international midfielder Issey Nakajima-Farran are just waiting for the ink to dry.The 29-year-old, although not officially a TFC player, travelled with the team to Seattle this week.
    Nakajima-Farran trialled with TFC during pre-season camp in Florida, but didn’t immediately stick due to roster considerations.
    It’s unclear if he’ll be eligible to suit up for the Reds in their opener Saturday afternoon against the Sounders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Quillan Roberts and Manny Aparicio heading to Wilmington, along with Lovitz, according to Larson.
    No Hamilton as of yet? Interesting. I want to see more of this kid, thought he'd immediately need the seasoning.