Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

F#@K HIM!

Hes a coward and a backstabber.........oh yea and a circus clown to-boot ..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

That Manchester accent drives me nuts, reminds me of the vultures from Jungle Book

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    ^^^

That Manchester accent drives me nuts, reminds me of the vultures from Jungle Book
    Not a Gary Neville fan then?

My parents are Lanky so for me, the Mancunian just kinda bounces slightly different.

I compare him to most of what I see on MLS Live and he comes out rather well, if a tad newbie.

He's not as homerish as most commentators. An improvement on who NESN had last season. He has an opinion about how people should do things, and judges everything against that - much like Devos and Forrest did when they first started. He is, like it or not, more knowledgeable about how the game can be played from a tactical point of view then most ex-players.

He might just have found his place, as he's a lousy studio pundit. Give him a few years and he might get to be in the top group of decent commentators in the league.

I wonder if hes he going to be up here next Saturday, or if NESN still do away commentary from a home studio?

Would I hire him for anything or want him commentating for TFC? No. But, watching the Revs with him talking is not the worst experience I have with MLS Live. (Dallas & Seattle & Philly....ugh)

This is OT.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-27-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    ^

F#@K HIM!

Hes a coward and a backstabber.........oh yea and a circus clown to-boot ..
    And a crook. Freddy Hall? Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And a crook. Freddy Hall? Please.
    To me this remains the biggest indicator of how far we've come. A few short years ago we had Freddy, now we have Julio Cesar. Blows my mind every time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need another striker, so how about we sign that cat?

Looks really mean bearing down on goal....

(Just trying to get this back onto topic)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-28-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Del Piero is available as of today. Please Sign him up !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTZ View Post
    No thanks. I don't think our current management is that stupid.

Were having injury problems with guys in there mid 30s imagine a over the hill guy like Del Piero. No thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

curious to see what we do in the next transfer window. Can we sign anyone at this point or is it closed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTZ View Post
    He was struggling with back problems and only getting 45 minutes per game. If we hadn't already signed DeRo and could get him for the same money I wouldn't argue against the experience, but you have to admit that signing guys turning 40 doesn't exactly advance the idea that MLS isn't a retirement league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they're out of contract you can sign them at any time, so either free agents or people we can get released. Can't pay a transfer fee, though.

Good to see you on the board Oss!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks J! Actual pleasure to be back! Interesting to see if we sign Payne or O'Rourke. Not sure what the status of Payne is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would imagine that depth at Cm and a striker are what the CO are looking for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering also is Tim Payne still on trial. And another stupid question since we have a deal with A.S. Roma will they be loaning prospects over here for seasoning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need more depth at midfield even though I am very happy with the Progress of both Canadian boys but Hall please go away please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    No thanks. I don't think our current management is that stupid.

Were having injury problems with guys in there mid 30s imagine a over the hill guy like Del Piero. No thanks.
    only min salary, i wouldn't complain

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not exactly the dynamic physical presence off the bench to add something different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Personally wouldn't take him on minimum either. Guy is far from able to help this club at any capacity.

I'd rather have Hamiton on the bench and getting some mins then a guy just here to sell shirts and make no contribution.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know TFC had interest in him. Adidas is hot to push a move to the MLS for him but I think DC are the front runners at the moment.

I don't know what his pay expectations are, but I heard he would not be getting DP money. Guy turns 40 this year, I really don't think I would take that chance given how much wear and tear this league imposes on players.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth an international slot though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to the chalk talk event last week with Tim Bez and Ryan Nelsen. There was nothing really special other then Nelsen saying he is trying hard to sign a third striker to play with Gilberto if/when Defoe goes to the World Cup. Also a veteran midfielder - looking more from within MLS. Didn't really say if it was an attacking midfielder or a box-to-box midfielder substitute when Bradley goes to the world cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Personally wouldn't take him on minimum either. Guy is far from able to help this club at any capacity.

I'd rather have Hamiton on the bench and getting some mins then a guy just here to sell shirts and make no contribution.
    min salary for a guy who can mentor someone like a Jordan Hamilton, maybe help a tweener like him like Weideman, sell shirts, and raise the profile of the club not only within the Toronto Italian community, but also globally (especially in Italy)...I don't think min salary is reasonable, but, I think he offers a lot of other value

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Worth an international slot though?
    we have 2...2 that are going unused...worth 1 of those spots until the end of the season and for the reasons above...sure

1 other thing...he speaks pretty good English now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Went to the chalk talk event last week with Tim Bez and Ryan Nelsen. There was nothing really special other then Nelsen saying he is trying hard to sign a third striker to play with Gilberto if/when Defoe goes to the World Cup. Also a veteran midfielder - looking more from within MLS. Didn't really say if it was an attacking midfielder or a box-to-box midfielder substitute when Bradley goes to the world cup.
    did they talk about anything else...I completely missed the twitter call out for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not really. Event was mostly for coaches and local clubs. Talk was about coaching philosophy. He did say Doneil Henry was the most ready to move to Europe/EPL. Maybe in three to four years. It was pretty bland. Glad I still went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver has one DM too many right now, and since I doubt we're ever getting Mattias Laba back, maybe our future considerations should be Kofie or Reo-Coker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Vancouver has one DM too many right now, and since I doubt we're ever getting Mattias Laba back, maybe our future considerations should be Kofie or Reo-Coker.
    Don't think this will happen but id take Kofie over a guy who once fell over and gave himself a concussion.
    Kofie soon to be eligible to play for Canada too, no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Don't think this will happen but id take Kofie over a guy who once fell over and gave himself a concussion.
    Kofie soon to be eligible to play for Canada too, no?
    nope. he played a FIFA sanctioned tourney for Ghana youth team apparently
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone here have any idea how Del Piero has looked in the last 6 months?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Does anyone here have any idea how Del Piero has looked in the last 6 months?
    Still looks Italian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

min salary for a guy who can mentor someone like a Jordan Hamilton, maybe help a tweener like him like Weideman, sell shirts, and raise the profile of the club not only within the Toronto Italian community, but also globally (especially in Italy)...I don't think min salary is reasonable, but, I think he offers a lot of other value

we have 2...2 that are going unused...worth 1 of those spots until the end of the season and for the reasons above...sure

1 other thing...he speaks pretty good English now
    We have mentors for them in Defoe and Bradley. Raising the profile sure that is a good point but at what cost? Not one I'm willing to pay. Plus I've already made it clear how I feel about pandering to certain ethnic groups we shouldn't be doing it. See Chivas.

He wouldn't be coming here on minimum that's for sure and I wouldn't want to burn a international slot on a guy who is going to be coming off the bench, see Lambe.

We should be going after more lower salary guys like Laba and Gilberto. Guys that have a upside and will come in on a lower cap hit. But is also be looking to get more of a MLS type players to round out the roster.

Need guys who have been in the leauge for a few years international or not that make a midrange wage. Plugs that can start but don't mind coming off the bench.