Page 93 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 10m
    BREAKING: @TheTorontoSun can confirm that Jermain Defoe will remain at TFC after rejecting multiple bids.
    Tomorrows headlines: In other completely unrelated news, it is confirmed that Defoe's bruising in the "groin" region is worse then expected, he will miss the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or better yet there was no groin problem and is available for selection for Wednesday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe had an attitude before , now I'm worried , he simply doesn't want to be here , bad move by management . To me he's a sulker . If they are cleaning house this should be a starter . Too many hurt days .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not cleaning house. They want the playoffs. And even if we tank through most of September, they won't clean house until the expansion draft is done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt be surprised if we did sell Defoe in the new year but also pull in a different DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTZ View Post
    We should go after Steven Vitoria from Benfica good old Mississauga boy! He will fix our D issues!!
    Please no.. just no. Watch Benfica B games all the time and that's where he played last season and let's just say he was absolutely awful. So bad that eventually he stopped getting called up to the games. TFC can do much much better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They are not cleaning house. They want the playoffs. And even if we tank through most of September, they won't clean house until the expansion draft is done.
    true enough , I guess I'm relating to malcontents . Great if it happens I don't see Defoe helping us into the playoffs...esp if as rumoured he's not ready till Oct.....and personally very tired of prima donnas . I'll be happy to be proven wrong . I know we never actually fed him as we should but was that tactical or talent ? I'd rather not keep anyone on the team against their will .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing i like about vanney is that he likes the squad which means no major changes still need major improvement at the back but i think our draft picks should cover any extra depth needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The one thing i like about vanney is that he likes the squad which means no major changes still need major improvement at the back but i think our draft picks should cover any extra depth needed
    Not so sure of this. The trade deadline is September 15th and with news reports that all of TFC's 2014 trades were Nelsen ideas, no matter what Vanney says, I am willing to bet that Bezbatchenko will have a trade prior to the deadline just so that he can put his gm credentials on show....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Not so sure of this. The trade deadline is September 15th and with news reports that all of TFC's 2014 trades were Nelsen ideas, no matter what Vanney says, I am willing to bet that Bezbatchenko will have a trade prior to the deadline just so that he can put his gm credentials on show....
    Thought he got Morrow. That would be the best deal so far.

Plus until Everything is revealed, if ever, I'm not buying anyone getting credit for those deals. All conjecture and the word of one reporter (who made errors in the past).

As for us dealing, I don't know. If so I hope it's tinkering. No big deals or Aron Winter squad dismantling again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As i said improvement to the backline i got the impression that we're looking at one upgrade to the backline before the 15th from the conference call

and when i say major changes i mean 42 trialists type change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can one hear or get a text of the conference call....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can one hear or get a text of the conference call....
    There's video on the TFC website - a bit choppy for me, but still worth a listen.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found the following quote in the Larson piece very interesting...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/01...-at-toronto-fc
    "The good: Toronto FC had bids in for five of its players before Sunday night, demonstrating a certain level of respect for the club’s rebuilt roster."
    Who do you think the 5 players were?
    Obviously Defoe is one, and probably safe to assume someone kicked the tires on Bradley, but who would the other three be?

Gilberto (now that he's actually scoring)?
    Henry?
    Dike?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Found the following quote in the Larson piece very interesting...

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/01...-at-toronto-fc

Who do you think the 5 players were?
    Obviously Defoe is one, and probably safe to assume someone kicked the tires on Bradley, but who would the other three be?

Gilberto (now that he's actually scoring)?
    Henry?
    Dike?
    Considering they weren't entertained, it's probably players we need, so i would say Osorio, Henry, Gilberto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto was Tim B's guy.
    check out this KJ update from earlier in season:
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kristian_jack/?id=438903

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bezbatchenko going on the FAN590 at 5:40pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Bezbatchenko going on the FAN590 at 5:40pm
    So Defoe's basically here for a playoff rental and Nelsen was already gone when he made the comments about Tim B., effectively.

Not the strongest presser ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who missed it, check Rollins' timeline for some quotes.

https://twitter.com/24thminute

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson went on ExtraTime Radio today and mentioned that a source within the club told him that if they sold Defoe they would've used the money recouped on an attacking midfielder. So basically what a lot of people on here have been calling for.

If Defoe does leave in January, like it's looking very likely, I'd be stoked if we got a top-level AM out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thousand times yes. That would be perfect. A Pedro Morales would do wonders for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to pull the trigger on Darren O'dea's return to the club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone. We sorely need a veteran CB to carry us through this stretch. Hagglund/Henry/Orr won't cut it and Caldwell gets injured constantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt Bez will get anyone until next year's salary cap is much clearer. With a $5 million cap we could afford to sign a quality back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to pull the trigger on Darren O'dea's return to the club?
    Poor O'Dea. Every time I see a story about the fighting in Donetsk I think of him. He could use a rescue!

I don't understand the love for Caldwell. He's had good games and bad games, same as the rest, and epitomizes the route 1 problem. I never saw Caldwell as an upgrade on O'Dea. They were like-for-like, at best. With Caldwell's technique in the box (arms wide), it's amazing he hasn't had more hand balls given. He's a walking time bomb on that.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-04-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Poor O'Dea. Every time I see a story about the fighting in Donetsk I think of him. He could use a rescue!

I don't understand the love for Caldwell. He's had good games and bad games, same as the rest, and epitomizes the route 1 problem. I never saw Caldwell as an upgrade on O'Dea. They were like-for-like, at best. With Caldwell's technique in the box (arms wide), it's amazing he hasn't had more hand balls given. He's a walking time bomb on that.
    Caldwell definitely more steady than odea but i struggle with how u can complain about having such a high paid defender (Odea - 450 000) yet sign another high paid defender basically instantaneously (Caldwell - 364 000)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell definitely more steady than odea but i struggle with how u can complain about having such a high paid defender (Odea - 450 000) yet sign another high paid defender basically instantaneously (Caldwell - 364 000)
    Not complaining. Lot bigger fish to fry.

I see them as like for like, but O'Dea was a lot younger and therefore more of a building block.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeGuzman could bring some short term help to the midfield. He's unattached and it wouldn't cost much since no one is banging on his door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    DeGuzman could bring some short term help to the midfield. He's unattached and it wouldn't cost much since no one is banging on his door.

I would guess taht many here would shun the prospect but what a redemption story it would be if he agrered to come on cheap and managed to do a job for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deguzman was the cancer or was it Dero?

or was it both in one locker room