Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    This is soooo the Plata situation all over again.
    Okay so the deal/loan is for next season, I get that now but I have a question; it says the deal was arranged by Henry's reps and this unnamed club. So TFC let him go find his own club? They are that down on him?

Whole thing is so suitably TFC Versions 4.0 to 6.5. Back to the good old days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell-

We sold him before season started and he was loan back right away

The issue now is that it isn't confirmed if he will be loaned back again next season. I think this is wear the confusion is. Tweet could have been worded differently.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know for a fact that current TFC coaches think Henry costs too many red cards and has an issue with his development.

(snikers - ya its a player problem LOL)
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Eh, if we were going to sell him anyway, I don't care when it happened. What's important is that we still have the allocation to spend.

This also adds another reason why both coaches preferred Hagglund over Henry.

Also, credit to Rollins for breaking this story. He gets unfairly dismissed here too much.

But seriously. TFC is the biggest shitshow of a club in the world. NEVER a dull moment.
    Depends on the reason. If they sold him to get allocation to sign Cesar for 10 games, that is terrible. Sold a player for marketing purposes. If they sold him and used the allocation this year to go for broke, then it just points towards how much more epic of a failure this is. 3 DP's, two very expensive ones, and a boatload of allocation on top of that.

Interesting to see what the truth is here - if it has happened or is happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC can't even break a news story right without screwing it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Eh, if we were going to sell him anyway, I don't care when it happened. What's important is that we still have the allocation to spend.

This also adds another reason why both coaches preferred Hagglund over Henry.

Also, credit to Rollins for breaking this story. He gets unfairly dismissed here too much.

But seriously. TFC is the biggest shitshow of a club in the world. NEVER a dull moment.
    Knowing the "when" is just part of basic transparency to your fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane Rollins ‏@24thminute 20m20 minutes ago AC Omonia.

I think that's what Rollins is hearing.

So sold via a 3rd party dude to a team with financial difficulties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep on that anti-TFC management narrative. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I've got a few minutes to talk.

Questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post

Questions?
    Can we start with is Henry actually sold or no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions?
    Break down the Doneil situation please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about why not telling us the truth about one of TFC's longest tenured and well liked players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg Vanney:

“I don’t know all the details and the ins and outs of it,” Vanney said at training Thursday. “As I understood it, his contract might have been sold to a club in Cyprus or a club in Europe but he’s on loan, or, he’s with us, for an indefinite amount of time. For me, when a player wants to try to pursue things overseas, we want to be supportive. At the same time, we wanted him here and it’s an arrangement where he’s a Toronto FC player as long as he and we agree on that.”

TFC comment:

“It’s a sale and loan back, however nothing has yet been finalized,” a club representative from Toronto FC said. “When something is finalized, we’ll be able to provide more details. There’s a very good chance Doneil returns next year but those things are discussed at the player meetings at the end of the year.”

So it looks like there's a deal being worked on but nothing is finalized and that Doneil is likely to return for the 2015 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The joke keeps being told but it's not getting any funnier.

More information is needed, but this is beyond ridiculous that the club can't even get the details straight.

EDIT - Just read the clarifying post. I'm not sure why this information was not available sooner. Doesn't it stand that the supporters should know this information (as well as the financial ramifications)?
    Last edited by Kingvikingstad; 10-23-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction for this next off season; more dysfunction and excuses followed by dumping players who will come back to haunt us (ie. Gilberto - we will dump him because of B.S some reason Vanney and Bez think up and then he will win the golden boot or MVP with Orlando). They will say we are building the squad to play attractive football and we will be stable because we kept the core together but unfortunately that core will be all the parts that should be dumped (Hall, Wiedeman, Bekker, Richter, etc). I expect another year of not having a full squad leading up to the season (partially due to lock out but still).

As we stand now I have no hope for 2015 - I predict finishing in the low 30's in points and the over/under on Vanney is Mid June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PopePouri, you see Armen's quotes and wonder why we have an anti-TFC management narrative going here? You couldn't get a better non-response out of the mouth of Stephen Harper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg Vanney:

“I don’t know all the details and the ins and outs of it,” Vanney said at training Thursday. “As I understood it, his contract might have been sold to a club in Cyprus or a club in Europe but he’s on loan, or, he’s with us, for an indefinite amount of time. For me, when a player wants to try to pursue things overseas, we want to be supportive. At the same time, we wanted him here and it’s an arrangement where he’s a Toronto FC player as long as he and we agree on that.”

TFC comment:

“It’s a sale and loan back, however nothing has yet been finalized,” a club representative from Toronto FC said. “When something is finalized, we’ll be able to provide more details. There’s a very good chance Doneil returns next year but those things are discussed at the player meetings at the end of the year.”

So it looks like there's a deal being worked on but nothing is finalized and that Doneil is likely to return for the 2015 season.
    Word was that he was sold at the start of the 2014 season. Any reason why wouldn't have announced the sale then?

PopePouri, you see Armen's quotes and wonder why we have an anti-TFC management narrative going here? You couldn't get a better non-response out of the mouth of Stephen Harper.
    Because the quotes don't tell the whole story. It sounds more complicated than simply dropping the ball on an announcement. The league owns the contract. What was their involvement in this? Is this a 3rd party sale? What are the league rules for a third party sale?
    Last edited by PopePouri; 10-23-2014 at 01:33 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. The club is holding a few meetings next week for locker room clear outs so hopefully there will be more details about this on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we are not 100% certain he was actually sold and loaned back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Duane Rollins ‏@24thminute 20m20 minutes ago AC Omonia.

I think that's what Rollins is hearing.

So sold via a 3rd party dude to a team with financial difficulties.
    Quick google shows Omonia as 2nd on the all-time Cypriot 1st division table and 2nd all-time league wins, last won the league in 2009 and currently sitting in 6th. Based in Nicosia like APOEL, the most successful Cypriot team. However of the "big" clubs in Cyprus, Omonia is the only one never to qualify for the Europa or Champions League group stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armen, who authorized the sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. The club is holding a few meetings next week for locker room clear outs so hopefully there will be more details about this on Wednesday.
    Thank you Armen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word can sum up today..... clusterfuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Word was that he was sold at the start of the 2014 season. Any reason why wouldn't have announced the sale then?

Because the quotes don't tell the whole story. It sounds more complicated than simply dropping the ball on an announcement. The league owns the contract. What was their involvement in this? Is this a 3rd party sale? What are the league rules for a third party sale?
    I get that it's complicated, but I do a bit of media work and if I walked in not being able to explain the complexity I wouldn't have a job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro's column seems clear that he was sold months ago and is now on a loan back. Only question is whether the loan will continue. Based on everyone's observations of Doneil after the game Saturday, have to think that's already answered and again we're not getting the straight answer.

Link: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls-m...league-soccer/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that it's complicated, but I do a bit of media work and if I walked in not being able to explain the complexity I wouldn't have a job.
    When I get confirmation that TFC kept it from the public based on their own volition, then I'll join you on that anti-TFC bandwagon. Right now, there's not enough evidence for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro 6m6 minutes ago
    Re timeline of Doneil sale. I heard from source about the sale in April. I couldn't report it at time because I only had 1 OTR source. #TFC

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro 1m1 minute ago
    So if it did happen back in April and it's only coming out now from #TFC, that's poor form on club's part, IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    When I get confirmation that TFC kept it from the public based on their own volition, then I'll join you on that anti-TFC bandwagon. Right now, there's not enough evidence for it.
    If this deal was done months ago and Henry was loaned back then there is no reason to keep it private. The whole "not completed' part still makes no sense as it contradicts everything else being said previous.

This one was probably better left unsaid until it's all done, unless of course it is all done and they are either lying to us or are making it more convoluted than need be. Telling the media now, in this confusing way, was not the right way to go. If you work in professional sports then you should at least be able to leak your own information without making it a PR shitstorm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, simple question; is it completed or not?

If it was done in April then how is it, as they themselves said, not completed now? Does TFC management even know the specifics of this deal? Who did the deal?