Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding was that getting a work permit to play in England when you're from a Commonwealth country is easy. Why would it be necessary to do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matteo Bonetti says that there are whispers of Ashley Cole going to Orlando City in January. That would likely rule out a Gilberto move, salary cap-wise, if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    My understanding was that getting a work permit to play in England when you're from a Commonwealth country is easy. Why would it be necessary to do this?
    I think commonwealth only applies if a grandparent was born there. Canada's bad FiFA rank means wont be able to qualify though that stream any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading that Larsun article and thinking about our previous signings, I hope we never sign another English "star" again.

Please let us stick to talented players in the SA region. No more over priced English players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Reading that Larsun article and thinking about our previous signings, I hope we never sign another English "star" again.

Please let us stick to talented players in the SA region. No more over priced English players.
    Right because no SA players have ever caused issues with their parents/agents/3rd party owners ........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god not that meme again.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World football is so corrupt and sleazy.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about this, the more I believe this was orchestrated by whichever team wants Henry next season.

Don't be surprised if West Ham put this all together and demanded the secrecy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Fix the midfield and the defense, everything else will fall into place.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Oh god not that meme again.
    That was awesome. Can't stop giggling now...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If D. Henry is sold by TFC for a fee (allocation), then TFC relinquishes all rights to him. So then how does TFC land him on loan? #MLS

Ooh MLS you never cease to amaze

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    If D. Henry is sold by TFC for a fee (allocation), then TFC relinquishes all rights to him. So then how does TFC land him on loan? #MLS

I don't think it's any trickery. He's sold. Then he gets loaned back. TFC isn't claiming rights to him, Henry was simply loaned to Toronto in the same way that Cesar was loaned to Toronto. At the discretion of the parties involved and subject to league approval. No allocation. No draft or anything. Just a loan agreement between the parties.

Now that should be an advantage in that he presumably wouldn't need to be protected in the expansion draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, my guess is that they just included the loan back as part of the initial contract terms, bypassing allocation as soon as MLS agreed to the sale.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I don't think it's any trickery. He's sold. Then he gets loaned back. TFC isn't claiming rights to him, Henry was simply loaned to Toronto in the same way that Cesar was loaned to Toronto. At the discretion of the parties involved and subject to league approval. No allocation. No draft or anything. Just a loan agreement between the parties.

Now that should be an advantage in that he presumably wouldn't need to be protected in the expansion draft.
    Which leads me to think we are unlikely to be the only team doing this.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which leads me to think we are unlikely to be the only team doing this.
    It's actually a pretty interesting move by Bez. Creative way to increase the number of players you can protect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty much what I was thinking... is this McCarthy guy suggesting there's now some allocation order for loans? It didn't seem like we had to go through that to get Cesar, Orr, Brockie, etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    That's pretty much what I was thinking... is this McCarthy guy suggesting there's now some allocation order for loans? It didn't seem like we had to go through that to get Cesar, Orr, Brockie, etc.
    any player sold for a transfer fee means the team loses the player's rights. if this player comes back to MLS, he is subjected to allocation ranking. this is why Kei Kamara went to Columbus via allocation ranking. and Mo Edu was also subjected to allocation ranking, even if he's on loan to Philly
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Yes, but those were permanent moves. Does that still apply for a loan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know with this league anymore. They better simplify this league if it wants to go anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    ^^^ Yes, but those were permanent moves. Does that still apply for a loan?
    Edu is a loan, is he not?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Edu is a loan, is he not?
    You're right. Sorry, my bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not how it works though...Cesar loan is completely different as he wasn't a returning MLS player. The situation to compare it to is that of Kei Kamara who is a returning MLSer and thus subject to allocation. Columbus used top spot with KC losing his rights when they received $$$. That's the point McCarthy is making there.

EDIT - Sorry I hadn't seen Yohan's post. He had already mentioned.
    Last edited by Smokecell; 10-24-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else worried about whether we're getting Jordan Hamilton back now?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's not how it works though...Cesar loan is completely different as he wasn't a returning MLS player. The situation to compare it to is that of Kei Kamara who is a returning MLSer and thus subject to allocation. Columbus used top spot with KC losing his rights when they received $$$. That's the point McCarthy is making there.

EDIT - Sorry I hadn't seen Yohan's post. He had already mentioned.
    It really is a puzzle.

The globe report says that MLS is still paying Henry's salary (per Bez). Therefore, he still counts against our budget (per Bez).

Yet, a transfer fee was received (per Bez). And allocation money, realized for the sale of the player, was received (per Bez). And you are right, he should have gone through the allocation draft as a "returning" MLS player.

Looking at those pillars, I would seem like the only logical conclusion is that Henry's sale really wasn't a binding sale in that rights haven't officially transferred at this point. Why else would MLS still be paying his salary (and he being subject to their Standard Player Agreement)?

Maybe like a letter of intent with a deposit?

I don't know really. Perhaps the sale-loan was simply a way to describe it in layman's terms without all the legalities and details for the general public. They have to remember that folks like yourself and yohan are some smart cookies and simply look for a little more transparency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anyone else worried about whether we're getting Jordan Hamilton back now?
    Based on what? His loan could extend beyond our season (could be until January, we wouldn't have used him in the playoffs had we made it anyways). I doubt Trofense would be interested based on his performance; he's barely played and has no goals.

I still think it was a mistake to send him there. He was better off in Wilmington.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's one down.

Bradley Orr wont be back next year.

Source: The man himself on twitter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley Orr @bradleyorr2 · 2h 2 hours ago

And Gary Bowyer has done some job at Blackburn,steadied the ship and continue to improve. Gonna be even better when I'm back in January !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK mods, new thread, season is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: the Henry loan. How can DeAndre Yedlin be sold to Spurs then loaned back to Seattle without going through the re-entry process? If he can do it then why not Henry?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Joao Pinto available?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”