Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You said "...creating basically zero chances from the run of play...". Cause a critique for scoring is way different then a critique for the creation of chances.
    A freekick is not a chance created from the run of play. A chance from the run of play is a chance without a whistle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is it right here, Bekker is such a black hole its ridiculous. I would rather take Terry effing Dunfield over him, atleast he got some balls and grit.
    Let's not go too crazy here, lol. Although I generally agree that Bekker being unsuited to cover ground and handle defensive responsibility in the middle drastically changes what this team can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let's not go too crazy here, lol. Although I generally agree that Bekker being unsuited to cover ground and handle defensive responsibility in the middle drastically changes what this team can do.
    dunfield would fall by just passing the ball. Bekker is bad, but come on. dunfield was just a really hard working pylon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is it right here, Bekker is such a black hole its ridiculous. I would rather take Terry effing Dunfield over him, atleast he got some balls and grit.
    That's a bit much. Bekker is the only midfielder that shows himself for the ball regularly for our defenders. It takes a lot of guts for a kid his age to constantly put himself in that position. Without him there would be no playing the ball out from the back whatsoever. He's playing right now because Bradley is gone and we have no depth there at all. People should ease up on him a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's a bit much. Bekker is the only midfielder that shows himself for the ball regularly for our defenders. It takes a lot of guts for a kid his age to constantly put himself in that position. Without him there would be no playing the ball out from the back whatsoever. He's playing right now because Bradley is gone and we have no depth there at all. People should ease up on him a bit.
    I mentioned this a few weeks ago in that whenever he receives the ball, it is with the back towards goal. As he is the only one showing for the ball, the opposition closes on him quickly. If he can't get a turn quick enough, the only option he has is to pass it back. It makes you appreciate the skill that Bradley has, and deGuzman had when they played in similar roles for us. Getting themselves into the space they need to receive the pass and make a quick turn or outlet pass before getting closed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    I mentioned this a few weeks ago in that whenever he receives the ball, it is with the back towards goal. As he is the only one showing for the ball, the opposition closes on him quickly. If he can't get a turn quick enough, the only option he has is to pass it back. It makes you appreciate the skill that Bradley has, and deGuzman had when they played in similar roles for us. Getting themselves into the space they need to receive the pass and make a quick turn or outlet pass before getting closed out.
    Yeah for sure. It's a hard skill to turn when you have a guy breathing down your neck, in the middle of the pitch where losing it will cost you big time. I'm impressed that he puts himself in that position all the time and asks for it. It's easy to let yourself be marked, or not make that run back toward your defence. That says something good about him imo. He's got to learn to make the turn though....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's Canadian, so the wrath of the nine hells is deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah for sure. It's a hard skill to turn when you have a guy breathing down your neck, in the middle of the pitch where losing it will cost you big time. I'm impressed that he puts himself in that position all the time and asks for it. It's easy to let yourself be marked, or not make that run back toward your defence. That says something good about him imo. He's got to learn to make the turn though....
    As soon as he can show the ability to make the turn, the opposition will ease off and give him more space so as not to get burned. Right now they look at him like the kid on your rec team that has horrible first touch and a nervous disposition. Close on him quickly and he'll do the same thing over and over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bekker is not a kid anymore. He will be 24 years old in a few months. Gilberto is only one year older is he a kid ? If so everyone should cut Gilberto a lot of slack. Bekker will never become aggressive because aggression can't be taught. Henry on the other hand has plenty of aggression which can be tapered back. Bekker is not the answer to our midfield period...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started my Fifa 14 pro career, controlling Osorio. I wanted to be Hamilton but he's not in the game. Either way, my goal is that I will teach Osorio how to move forward and be the AM that we need. Hopefully it somehow translates to on field production .

Back on topic, with Cesar's salary off of the books we have roughly $200k that we know we can work with. The question now is. Can Warner by the DM that we need which will allow Bradley to be our AM, which I think is what he wants to be for us? If that is the case what do you spend the additional cap space on if anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Bekker is not a kid anymore. He will be 24 years old in a few months. Gilberto is only one year older is he a kid ? If so everyone should cut Gilberto a lot of slack. Bekker will never become aggressive because aggression can't be taught. Henry on the other hand has plenty of aggression which can be tapered back. Bekker is not the answer to our midfield period...
    Gilberto has been playing at the professional level significantly longer. I never said Bekker is our starting central midfielder but people writing him off as shit are not appreciating some of the things he does. He's put more responsibility on his shoulders than some players with way more experience than him. That also can't be taught.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    The question now is. Can Warner by the DM that we need which will allow Bradley to be our AM, which I think is what he wants to be for us? If that is the case what do you spend the additional cap space on if anything?
    I think he can. I liked the look of him for a few years and he has the size and ability to play DM. Whether he pulls it off remains to be seen but I think he can do the job. As for what we should be shopping for, I would say a better wing option (left footed would be nice) for sure and a young flashy AM if available. Still think a proper AM would help no matter how we use Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think he can. I liked the look of him for a few years and he has the size and ability to play DM. Whether he pulls it off remains to be seen but I think he can do the job. As for what we should be shopping for, I would say a better wing option (left footed would be nice) for sure and a young flashy AM if available. Still think a proper AM would help no matter how we use Bradley.
    I thought Warner looked very comfortable in the one game he's played for us. Showed that he's got the ability to push forward which is also a positive. Even if he's slightly more reliable than any other CM we have, than that should allow Bradley to control the game more on the offensive side. But I would agree, having another pure AM would be huge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Even if he's slightly more reliable than any other CM we have
    Well our only other true CM option is Hall and I would rate him only slightly better than me and I am a fat old dumbass. I think Warner is a pretty sizable upgrade on what we have including Bekker, who with all his faults, is still learning on the job and is improving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Canadian Int'l Issey Nakajima-Farran named to MLS best XI this week. We should look at that guy!
    Awesome (humour). And sad (reality for us). Still hurting from that trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corriere dello Sport says, Kaka getting close to Orlando City in US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is well and truly off topic. It constantly has nothing to do with it's subject.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    This thread is well and truly off topic. It constantly has nothing to do with it's subject.
    i second this, the train jumped the track once people started talking about the CBA etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richter on loan to the Fury according to the Ottawa Sun.

Has been training with them the last couple of days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this online as I was trying to see who England would replace Oxlade-Chamberlain with if he couldn't play after his injury. Saw Defoe's name thrown in the list of options in following link:
    http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/aiden.cu...er-with-injury

Other articles on other sites keep mentioning Carrick and Cleverley, but just wanted other folks 2 cents on this. Put it in this thread, in case it has legs and JD gets the call. Feel free to move it if I have the wrong thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless they make significant changes I can't see Defoe only because Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't play as a forward for the national team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way Defoe goes is if Hodgson sees a hole in the quality of his forwards that is more necessary to fill then the hole left in the attacking midfield core by that injury.

I don't see that. He thinks the world of those forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Funk View Post
    Just saw this online as I was trying to see who England would replace Oxlade-Chamberlain with if he couldn't play after his injury. Saw Defoe's name thrown in the list of options in following link:
    http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/aiden.cu...er-with-injury

Other articles on other sites keep mentioning Carrick and Cleverley, but just wanted other folks 2 cents on this. Put it in this thread, in case it has legs and JD gets the call. Feel free to move it if I have the wrong thread.
    No need to worry, if Ox can't play it will be Stones or Flanagan per source.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN now Toronto FC has traded for Dominic Oduro, according to his Twitter account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominic Oduro@Freakyfast84 mins

To my new team, Toronto hope to help the team move forward . Thanks for everyones love and support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN now Toronto FC has traded for Dominic Oduro, according to his Twitter account.
    That would be fantastic imo.

Can play wing or up front. Has speed to burn. Fills a big hole.
    Last edited by Canary10; 06-06-2014 at 09:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN now Can confirm TFC has made a deal to bring in Oduro. Hearing a player could be going back the other way.

Rey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What'd we give up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the pace whoring begin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    What'd we give up?
    If it's Hall I will drop drawers and run out the front door of my work and on to Kingston Road.