Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prob in the minority in that I didn't rate Issey that highly. Like Jackson his committment cannot be faulted, but everything else was nothing special. We keep going on that our forwards aren't getting any service, none of our wingers this year have been putting in quality crosses/passes to them. Lovitz the other night showed more willingness to take his man on and put in a cross than any of them. Whether he becomes a starter now I don't know, but I'd like to see him get a start and see what he can do for 90 mins. As others have said Warner might enable us to maximise Bradley's skillset more, which we aren't doing by a longshot when pairing him with Bekker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I watched a lot of Impact matches the past couple season and I never thought Warner was shit. Never thought he was great either. He was average. Made some good tackles and covered some ground. I don't recall him being a 3 foot passing machine like Hall and I don't recall him thinking a match was a good time to take up jogging instead of running either. Is he the answer. No, but he should help us better hold the fort until the WC is over and possibly beyond if he can effectively cover behind Bradley.
    He fits the Steven Koren criteria perfectly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    So we just went from having 3 natural wingers in Jackson, Rey, Issey to 2? This move does not make any sense to me at all.
    True wingers in this league that are effective (attacking fullback, 1v1 skills) are harder to find, than DM.

Issey is on base salary $ 90,000.00 guaranteed comp $ 110,000.00
    Warner is on base salary $ 115,500.00 guaranteed comp $ 143,000.00 plus we threw MTL some allocation

I trust Tim B, but please tell me you have something in your sleeve. I hate seeing good Canadians leave our team without a substantial reason, hopefully there is one.

...and the revolving door continues, just when we thought we were going to start creating some continuity
    they brought Lovitz back also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's part of this league and part of American pro sports in general. Maybe not good timing due to his birthday but business is business and it's Bez's job to make sure we don't fall to shit over the next month and a bit. Obviously doesn't happen in world football but MLS is in it's own world as usual.
    Collen Warner is SHIT though, he was a great 3rd use sub on RSL, and has been under-performing at MTL...IMO he's gives a reason for Hall to train a little bit harder in pratice considering he is not much better than him...I hope I'm wrong, but this could be a disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrible trade today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Prob in the minority in that I didn't rate Issey that highly. Like Jackson his committment cannot be faulted, but everything else was nothing special. We keep going on that our forwards aren't getting any service, none of our wingers this year have been putting in quality crosses/passes to them. Lovitz the other night showed more willingness to take his man on and put in a cross than any of them. Whether he becomes a starter now I don't know, but I'd like to see him get a start and see what he can do for 90 mins. As others have said Warner might enable us to maximise Bradley's skillset more, which we aren't doing by a longshot when pairing him with Bekker.
    This

Not in the minority as far as I'm concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    they brought Lovitz back also
    Whoooo? I haven't watched any of the WHFC games this year, but really....Lovitz...ok
    Again, I hope I'm wrong but even those 3 is not enough. Issey was the best winger we've had this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't believe TL much when he said we were no longer going to treat our players like we did. Confirmation I was right.

This isn't a firing - player should have been told offers were being made and considered - would have given him a couple of days to be ready for it and also boosted his confidence. Even if other stuff is coming down, assuming what we heard from Molinaro is right and this trade happened overnight, that does not fill me with confidence vis-a-vis Bez's man management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing about this feels right. I hope I'm wrong. I haven't had this feeling since the Laba trade, and that one was practically forced on us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think other North American leagues talk to agents before trades unless they have a no trade clause

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Armen Bedakian@ArmenBedakian2 minsThere's some interesting stuff coming down the pipeline in TFC land.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I didn't believe TL much when he said we were no longer going to treat our players like we did. Confirmation I was right.

This isn't a firing - player should have been told offers were being made and considered - would have given him a couple of days to be ready for it and also boosted his confidence. Even if other stuff is coming down, assuming what we heard from Molinaro is right and this trade happened overnight, that does not fill me with confidence vis-a-vis Bez's man management.
    Probably but at the end of the day, shock aside for Issey, he is moving to a good Canadian city to a team that he knows people on and will probably start at. It's all done poorly optically because of the surprise and because of his B-Day but for his career, it's not a bad move. I wish him the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Armen Bedakian@ArmenBedakian2 minsThere's some interesting stuff coming down the pipeline in TFC land.
    Brek Shea is on his way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like a brutal trade. Issey has been great this season. If it gets Hall off the team I guess I am OK with that, otherwise, wtf are you thinking Bez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    @isseynfarran: Birthday surprise!! Wow! Just like that. It's not right.Surreal. #mlssoccer #Inhumane

When is this team going to learn how to treat players properly?

I have to agree.

This stinks more ways then one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    Whoooo? I haven't watched any of the WHFC games this year, but really....Lovitz...ok
    Again, I hope I'm wrong but even those 3 is not enough. Issey was the best winger we've had this season.
    haven't watched any WHFC either but he looked good v Vancouver

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we see a midfield tomorrow of Bekker and Warner, it could be an ugly game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner on suspension....so we won't see that....lol
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't happen Warner got a red card last game and isn't available this weekend or during the V-Cup

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then, let me rephrase that.

If we go into SKC with a midfield of Bekker and Warner, its going to get REALLY ugly.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, everything gets consideration with Tim B, I sleep well knowing that.

Could the timing be better? Yup, sucks its his birthday and his great contribution recently. No doubt about it.

All that being said, we just got a guy who played with RSL and has some talent that we have deemed is needed. I am also not going to take a shit all over the badge then go down and sing for the players to fight for it tomorrow. More of a twitter comment there LOL. Its just so easy for people to slip into the club bashing mode given those really aweful 7 years leading up, but it will take some time to see how this all works out.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is small club mentality yet again. I dont know Werner, but at 90k I see no reason to get rid of Issey. He gave it his all every game always in the fight always doing his best and it disgusts me how we are treating him and on top of that giving him to MONTREAL....our biggest rivals. On top of his performance on Wednesday where he scored the final goal in our first shootout. This really pissed me off for the weekend game. Need a banner saying "ISSEY WE HARDLY KNEW YE"

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    This is small club mentality yet again. I dont know Werner, but at 90k I see no reason to get rid of Issey. He gave it his all every game always in the fight always doing his best and it disgusts me how we are treating him and on top of that giving him to MONTREAL....our biggest rivals. On top of his performance on Wednesday where he scored the final goal in our first shootout. This really pissed me off for the weekend game. Need a banner saying "ISSEY WE HARDLY KNEW YE"
    Two sides to every story. I think his contribution was great but we have no idea what was going on beyond what we see on the field. As well, I hate dealing with Montreal but they are a desperate clube and that means deals can be had. I don't rate Warner too high but something must be there that we feel we can make more use of. That and world cup holes...
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Well, everything gets consideration with Tim B, I sleep well knowing that.

Could the timing be better? Yup, sucks its his birthday and his great contribution recently. No doubt about it.

All that being said, we just got a guy who played with RSL and has some talent that we have deemed is needed. I am also not going to take a shit all over the badge then go down and sing for the players to fight for it tomorrow. More of a twitter comment there LOL. Its just so easy for people to slip into the club bashing mode given those really aweful 7 years leading up, but it will take some time to see how this all works out.
    Is someone taking a shit on the badge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two sides to every story. I think his contribution was great but we have no idea what was going on beyond what we see on the field. As well, I hate dealing with Montreal but they are a desperate clube and that means deals can be had. I don't rate Warner too high but something must be there that we feel we can make more use of. That and world cup holes...
    Then get rid of dead weight not a guy who played his heart out for the crest and we trade him for a guy who can't even help us on the Weekend due to his idiotic double or triple handball or in the Voyageurs Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is small club mentality yet again. I dont know Werner, but at 90k I see no reason to get rid of Issey.
    Because we need a DM as we have none and teams don't give them away for free. It's a two way street and we don't know what went down. Maybe we offered Weideman or Richter and Montreal said they wanted Issey + money or bust as they exploited our glaring need. Who knows?

It is what it is.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-16-2014 at 12:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Is someone taking a shit on the badge?
    Not in here LMAO, just some of the twitter rage is hillarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then get rid of dead weight not a guy who played his heart out for the crest and we trade him for a guy who can't even help us on the Weekend due to his idiotic double or triple handball or in the Voyageurs Cup.
    You are assuming trades are one way streets and that any team would accept our dead weight for their players. A starting player in this case. Doesn't work like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in here LMAO, just some of the twitter rage is hillarious.
    Oh ok. LOL

I was thinking things in here were very respectable.

Good job by the mods by the way! Things are more reasonable around here lately.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, I wish we could do trades like that.

Here is some money and steaming pile of crap for an asset....

You need to give up something to get something. I agree, him being Canadian and a good contributor hurts but we have to trade something. Never really know how that talk happens between GM's.