Page 85 of 110 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    I don't get the Jackson hate. He plays great defensively and has a fair amount of goals. He makes great runs, could use a little work on his finishing, but always seems be in the right place at the right time.
    You've watched Jackson play right? 9 times out of 10 when the ball goes to him he turns it over. He works hard yes. Makes great runs yes. But his touch is just awful and he's a red card waiting to happen every game.
    Last edited by KGH; 07-28-2014 at 04:33 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett worked very hard every game too. Used to be pretty good at breaking up attempts defensively as well. Eventually just hard work without results doesn't get you too far. The missed chances is what killed us with him and the same could be said for Jackson although he hasn't had the time Barrett had with TFC yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldinho is out of contract.... Just saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your points about Jackson's down sides, yes. However, the man is also scoring goals. After Defoe, we need all we can get in secondary scoring. Jackson is perceived as an accident waiting to happen quite often because he plays a two way game; he defends and attacks as well. I think with some proper coaching he can calm his game down just a bit and be a great two way player without the cough ups and tackling problems.

This team needs to stop the revolving door of wingers and recognize we that the wide players we have are not that bad. Jackson should not be traded, we need to keep what wingers we have and develop them. Get some stability out wide and calm that area down in terms of personnel, especially now that we have a glut of central mids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing is wrong with Jackson he is not a winger he is a wide midfielder no one should expect him to put away more than 1/4 chances.

On the other hand I like the idea of Ronaldinho on 300k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Nothing is wrong with Jackson he is not a winger he is a wide midfielder no one should expect him to put away more than 1/4 chances.

On the other hand I like the idea of Ronaldinho on 300k.
    Any idea how much he was getting paid in Brazil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldinho is supposedly close to signing for Boca to replace Riquelme.

Anyways, he is passed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Any idea how much he was getting paid in Brazil?
    1 mil a year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder which CB's we can look into

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Ronaldinho is supposedly close to signing for Boca to replace Riquelme.

Anyways, he is passed it.
    Doesn't mean he can't do a job. Plus he's also linked with the A-League, Beskitas, Galatasaray and Stoke. This is Gaucho who knows where he'll end up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kljestan rumoured to be heading to the galaxy, huge pick up if this goes through he's a very good playmaker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Kljestan rumoured to be heading to the galaxy, huge pick up if this goes through he's a very good playmaker
    They already have 3 Dps unless Kljestan comes on a Reo-Coker type deal.

Also wouldn't they have to make room via trade? Juninho on the block?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They already have 3 Dps unless Kljestan comes on a Reo-Coker type deal.

Also wouldn't they have to make room via trade? Juninho on the block?

They have a ton of allocation. They'd pay him $500k-750k, pay down the first year of his contract then hope to god the new CBA allows for a contract like that and have it not cripple them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    They have a ton of allocation. They'd pay him $500k-750k, pay down the first year of his contract then hope to god the new CBA allows for a contract like that and have it not cripple them.
    Or OMAR is heading elsewhere

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC announced today that Jordan Hamilton has been recalled from Wilmington and loaned out to a second division side in Portugal, CD Trofense.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07...on-cd-trofense

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    TFC announced today that Jordan Hamilton has been recalled from Wilmington and loaned out to a second division side in Portugal, CD Trofense.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/07...on-cd-trofense
    I share similar concerns with Rollins about this. Look at the quality of the stadium.

I'm sure the level of play in the Portuguese 2nd division is above USL-Pro, and in that sense it's good for his development. I kept my mouth shut when news of this came out, but I have to say I'm worried we might be jumping the gun. Hamilton was in a good place in Wilmington. I hope the TFC front office took a serious look at this destination.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I share similar concerns with Rollins about this. Look at the quality of the stadium.

I'm sure the level of play in the Portuguese 2nd division is above USL-Pro, and in that sense it's good for his development. I kept my mouth shut when news of this came out, but I have to say I'm worried we might be jumping the gun. Hamilton was in a good place in Wilmington. I hope the TFC front office took a serious look at this destination.
    I don't think that's the stadium... maybe some practice facility? A quick image search for "Estadio do Clube Desportivo Trofense" shows me the stadium looks more like this, which aligns with the fact that major renos took place in 2008 when they were promoted to the 1st division:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that's the case. Hopefully this works out in the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rofl you and Rollins, heaven forbid the club has no twitter followers and a practice fence is mangled, let's just forget the superior league quality. I think that challenge will do more good for Hamilton's development than a fence will do bad.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I hope that's the case. Hopefully this works out in the end.
    They're handling him the way top Euro clubs have handled talent for decades, by loaning them to a place that will be competitive and at a closer level to their home club.

The difference between Portugal's first and second divisions, barring three or four top clubs at any given time, is not that great. It's well better than Wilmington and he'll learn more playing there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when a player goes on loan is there any allo coming back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it just opens up some salay cap room, which won't be much in this case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I believe it just opens up some salay cap room, which won't be much in this case
    No, there is no cap relief for loans, but it wouldn't matter anyways - as a Homegrown, Hamilton would not count against the cap.

I believe the reason that loans do not provide cap relief is that it would be too easy to circumvent the cap at any time as loans can occur throughout the year - i believe Montero's loan to Sporting in Portugal was not a cap relief, nor Valdes loan to Colombia... who knows though with MLS's rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So uhh Hamilton has a 2 million dollar purchase clause in his loan. Trofense wouldn't be able to afford it unless they were promoted but DAAAMN thats a lot for a guy who just signed his first pro contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt it gets exercised but would be a hell of an achievement for Hamilton. Also I hope the FO structured it so we would keep some of any sell on because the more I see of Hamilton the more I see a future big time striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So uhh Hamilton has a 2 million dollar purchase clause in his loan. Trofense wouldn't be able to afford it unless they were promoted but DAAAMN thats a lot for a guy who just signed his first pro contract.
    Maybe it's not Trofense that would use it. Portugal has some of the shrewdest evaluators of talent anywhere, perhaps this is just their away of getting a closer look without tipping their hand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty expensive for an 18 year old Canadian so I don't think there's a real danger of losing him... in theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Maybe it's not Trofense that would use it. Portugal has some of the shrewdest evaluators of talent anywhere, perhaps this is just their away of getting a closer look without tipping their hand?
    I'm not so sure I think this is more of a business orientated thing. A club like Trofense won't have that type of money to buy him without being promoted and lets keep in mind that clubs in Portugals first tier aren't so poor. They'll have 1.5 or 2 million euros to throw around in the window.

Generally the clubs spend that money on young players that have potential to be sold to the big 4 in portugal (Braga, Benfica, Sporting and Porto) or abroad (usually spain).

So, under that generalization it can be assumed that they see him as a player with potential on an extremely low salary. If Hamilton shows well but doesn't score goals and Trofense get promoted I'd expect him to be gone to Portugal for around the aforementioned fee with Trofense having first right to refusal.

I think your right about them wanting to see him up close but not for development purposes. Its more about making profit for all Portuguese clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure I think this is more of a business orientated thing. A club like Trofense won't have that type of money to buy him without being promoted and lets keep in mind that clubs in Portugals first tier aren't so poor. They'll have 1.5 or 2 million euros to throw around in the window.

Generally the clubs spend that money on young players that have potential to be sold to the big 4 in portugal (Braga, Benfica, Sporting and Porto) or abroad (usually spain).

So, under that generalization it can be assumed that they see him as a player with potential on an extremely low salary. If Hamilton shows well but doesn't score goals and Trofense get promoted I'd expect him to be gone to Portugal for around the aforementioned fee with Trofense having first right to refusal.

I think your right about them wanting to see him up close but not for development purposes. Its more about making profit for all Portuguese clubs.
    Fair enough. To clarify, when I was referring to a club that might want to purchase, wasn't refering toTrofense (just speculating here, I have no inside info).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Fair enough. To clarify, when I was referring to a club that might want to purchase, wasn't refering toTrofense (just speculating here, I have no inside info).
    Aha I think you are right in that Trofense might not be the club looking to buy though lots of scouts all over portuguese leagues.