Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will buy a few $5 beers on my way into the stadium.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I haven't been to the UK for a few years, but last time I was there Bud was all over the place, and a lot of my family drank it. That and Fosters seemed to be everywhere.
    I Lived there for 2 years, came back about 1 and half years ago. I worked at 3 pubs, 1 of them being the biggest chain pub in the country (John Barris Pubs, Wetherspoons being the 2nd biggest pub chain in the country) lived in South West London, I went to a lot of pubs in that time. In my entire time there I only ever saw Budweiser on tap once, it was at a bowling ally. Other then that at the John Barris pub I worked at we sold it by the bottle, it was probably the least selling beer we had tho. I saw it a bit more at clubs, as seemed clubs in the area often sold bottle beer, that would often sell Stella, Corona and Bud. But overall it did not seem like a popular beer in London, or at least I never noticed much Bud.

Beer being sold at corner stores and grocery store to be drank at home, that could be a different story.
    Last edited by james; 03-20-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I Lived there for 2 years, came back about 1 and half years ago. I worked at 3 pubs, 1 of them being the biggest chain pub in the country (John Barris Pubs, Wetherspoons being the 2nd biggest pub chain in the country) lived in South West London, I went to a lot of pubs in that time. In my entire time there I only ever saw Budweiser on tap once, it was at a bowling ally. Other then that at the John Barris pub I worked at we sold it by the bottle, it was probably the least selling beer we had tho. I saw it a bit more at clubs, as seemed clubs in the area often sold bottle beer, that would often sell Stella, Corona and Bud. But overall it did not seem like a popular beer in London, or at least I never noticed much Bud.

Beer being sold at corner stores and grocery store to be drank at home, that could be a different story.
    When I went over a few years ago, Budweiser was just being introduced and you heard a lot of talk that people liked it. My buddy even said "It's better here than in the US." (This is in the northwest.) By the time of last year's FA Cup final, all those same people were calling it piss and refusing to drink it.

Even though Bud sponsored the FA Cup, there was a choice of draft beer at the stadium. I just hope we get the same treatment at BMO some day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I was out of London where I saw it. It was in a lot of pubs. It was better than the US variety - but still aweful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like most of the beer in the mainstream bud is more like a "beer beverage"