Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess.... $14.25 large draught (Bud etc)... $10.25 tallboy Bud...

My other guess - I'll pay the price and drink the beer... lol
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more surprised they havn't talked about a change in the food menu. They've done that consistently for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm more surprised they havn't talked about a change in the food menu. They've done that consistently for years.
    True... Usually a big deal with tastings etc...

Maybe they're taking a year off from that? Keep the focus on all the players & hype of the team etc...

Or maybe it was a real success & they're keeping it...

Either way, I want to be able to actually go to these tasting one day Stuff looks good!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think people should not buy beer at BMO, drink at Joe's and then enjoy a great game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just praying that there are some other options on tap there besides the Bud beers, Stella, Hoegaarden, and Leffe. I know a pint of Rolling Rock would go down great in mid July when it's 110% ball sweatingly roasting down at BMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I really think people should not buy beer at BMO, drink at Joe's and then enjoy a great game.
    I'd gladly do this but usually my schedule, and a lot of other people's don't allow for a lot of time to do stuff pre-match. That being said, if the beers are the same as last season then I'll be hard pressed to drink any more than the 8 beers I had all season last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I am just praying that there are some other options on tap there besides the Bud beers, Stella, Hoegaarden, and Leffe. I know a pint of Rolling Rock would go down great in mid July when it's 110% ball sweatingly roasting down at BMO.
    For me, a can of Steamwhistle was the best choice last season (if beer at all). They had that often (but not always) in the west stands. Other than that, isn't Hoegaarden a pretty decent beer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    For me, a can of Steamwhistle was the best choice last season (if beer at all). They had that often (but not always) in the west stands. Other than that, isn't Hoegaarden a pretty decent beer?
    Only if you like white beers. I hated it. Didn't care for the ultra hoppy Leffe either. Stella is acceptable but never tastes right unless served in the goblet glass. Bud is absolute piss and needs no mention really. The best of a bad lot was probably that Bud Crown. I only had 2 at the end of the year but it was fair. Considering the brands InBev has and what InBev has available at even the Roger's Centre, I find BMO's lack of quality options frustrating to say the least. At worst, would it kill somebody to have Sapporo tins there? Or Rolling Rock? Not crazy stuff but things people actually may buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... I gladly do all of them...

+ Beers at Joes... + Enjoying the game WITH beer at BMO... + Beers at Joes post-game...

I can't go along with your post...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided a long time ago I do not need beer to enjoy the game at BMO Field.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not having beer at BMO is a lot easier since they switched to Budweiser swill. I usually stick to one large Keith's (not great either, but it's not like we're spoiled for choice) and leave it at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither do I - but I certainly like it... And will continue to do it, as I like it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to buy the large pop in the TFC cup with free refills and just use it for the rest of the season, I know a little cheesy but it works out well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Why didn't I think of that?

BRILLIANT!
    +1!
    Plus if they say anything when you bring it in, just say it's for water.
    I might be wrong, but they can't legally say no to empty water bottles and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Neither do I - but I certainly like it... And will continue to do it, as I like it...
    +1

I'm a wine drinker though, and the price for a cheap glass of wine would likely cost the same as the field side seats...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    +1!
    Plus if they say anything when you bring it in, just say it's for water.
    I might be wrong, but they can't legally say no to empty water bottles and such.

+1

I'm a wine drinker though, and the price for a cheap glass of wine would likely cost the same as the field side seats...
    They never have said anything about it when I brought it in, an empty plastic glass is a non-issue.

Also last year I had a glass bottle of BBQ sauce in my bad and they looked at it and said it was fine, so the issue is not people having things that can get thrown, it's all about the money.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? I never miss any action getting my beers, usually one a half, and enjoy a beverage as I cheer the boys on. What's wrong with that?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    Why? I never miss any action getting my beers, usually one a half, and enjoy a beverage as I cheer the boys on. What's wrong with that?
    Nothing is wrong with that, I myself rarely buy beer at BMO Field, maybe a couple a season. That is all. my money can be spend better elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it will be easier to not drink beer at BMO now that they have decent footballers on the pitch to watch. That being said I will probably still enjoy my 2-4 beers per game at the stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Budweiser having pulled out of FA Cup sponsorship and Carlsberg getting the Premier League deal, I wonder if Bud is reconsidering its marketing budget and thinking of dumping football? It would certainly be great news for beer drinkers at BMO Field!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    With Budweiser having pulled out of FA Cup sponsorship and Carlsberg getting the Premier League deal, I wonder if Bud is reconsidering its marketing budget and thinking of dumping football? It would certainly be great news for beer drinkers at BMO Field!
    That sounds like steps in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I wonder if it has anything to do with not enough Brits drinking Bud (if you go into a pub, it is rare to ever see Bud on Tap. Your average pub would have some Ales Like London Pride, ESB, Green King, and Lagers like Stella, Heiniken, Kronenburg, Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters and stout like Guinness and in other pubs craft beers and small Real Ales are becoming a bit more popular) or if its just normal for beers to change hands every so many years as Carlsberg, Carling and Heineken have all been big sponsors for football in UK and Europe.
    Last edited by james; 03-18-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they value being the choice of drink at sporting venues more over whether they make or lose money; tiny piece of the pie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've needed beer to enjoy the games at BMO for the last two years...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes beer just didn't cut it the last few years - needed something a little stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They never have said anything about it when I brought it in, an empty plastic glass is a non-issue.
    I always bring a reusable plastic water bottle in (empty) to fill at the water fountains so I don't have to pay silly prices for a bottle of water. Usually not a problem but I have had to check it on a couple of occasions.

Also last year I had a glass bottle of BBQ sauce in my bad and they looked at it and said it was fine, so the issue is not people having things that can get thrown, it's all about the money.
    For sure. Reminds me of something that happened in the first year. I bought a bottle of water, they took the cap. I asked them why and they said so they could not be thrown on the field full. I then walked over the team store and bought two heavy glass TFC glasses, and had a bit of a laugh. What would cause more damage thrown from the stands - a plastic water bottle with a lid on it or a really heavy glass drinking glass....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Sometimes beer just didn't cut it the last few years - needed something a little stronger.
    lol - I was going to add the same thing to my initial post..Hillbilly moonshine would have been welcome some games...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    well I wonder if it has anything to do with not enough Brits drinking Bud (if you go into a pub, it is rare to ever see Bud on Tap. Your average pub would have some Ales Like London Pride, ESB, Green King, and Lagers like Stella, Heiniken, Kronenburg, Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters and stout like Guinness and in other pubs craft beers and small Real Ales are becoming a bit more popular) or if its just normal for beers to change hands every so many years as Carlsberg, Carling and Heineken have all been big sponsors for football in UK and Europe.
    I haven't been to the UK for a few years, but last time I was there Bud was all over the place, and a lot of my family drank it. That and Fosters seemed to be everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$5 beers until kickoff according to the TFC twitter handle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    $5 beers until kickoff according to the TFC twitter handle
    Yup on the Bud patio (which is apparently heated) - and MITTENs lol