Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I would have thought so, from row 11 up to about row 20, if they've really sold 17K to SSHs. It sure used to be. There was a big cohort of families holding down 4, 5, 7 tickets each in there. Those seats were all 100% SSH for the first 3-4 years (same for the sides of 222 and 224 that are closer to the middle btw).

Surprised to see seats available in that area for any game, but maybe it's 90% sold, I dunno. We'll need to see a few games, and in different weather conditions, to know. Back in the day those seats were always full, rain or shine, weekend or weeknight. (They actually only had empty seats for weekend afternoon games, because of kids soccer. That's why you're seeing so many 4.30pm and 5pm games, it's 100% about what start times work for kiddies - which is, not 1pm, and not nights.)

I was one of those family buyers in there, and I have been called 7 times this off season by the ticket sales staff. They are very focused on this group. These are big spenders ($1000/seat, or $5K or similar per decision maker)

The supporters are the show, but they're only $300 each, maybe $600 for a pair.
    I always thought 4 pm was far better than 1 pm in terms of an ideal kickoff time. It gave you both a majority of your day and evening. When did you see most of the departure by the higher spending crowd that to tell you the truth, TFC really needs.

I always thought the high times of TFC was the first three years, maybe four.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I always thought 4 pm was far better than 1 pm in terms of an ideal kickoff time. It gave you both a majority of your day and evening. When did you see most of the departure by the higher spending crowd that to tell you the truth, TFC really needs.

I always thought the high times of TFC was the first three years, maybe four.
    It was the offseason between 2010 and 2011. The Sec 223 SSH base evaporated that year. Without a doubt.

It was a huge disconnect. The boards were excited about Klinsmann/Winter (myself included), but the families didn't buy it. By the third or fourth game it was obvious, they were announcing 18-20K (same as always), but the stadium was 50-60% full.

It might have been the forced MLS Cup purchase that actually did it. I think a lot of people just told them to eff off, and Anselmi and Beirne papered the stadium to cover it up. For a while.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home opener basically sold out. Only a few single seats available , no pairs in any price range.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be noted it wasn't easy to get tickets last season on ticketmaster either.

We'll know if there are issues if the groupon stuff doesn't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tried to grab some myself but couldn't. Ended up getting tickets to the May 7th game vs. the Caps. Are walk-up tickets still a thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have seen this asked elsewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know when STH packages are due to arrive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I know I have seen this asked elsewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know when STH packages are due to arrive?
    Believe next week