RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Comparison TFC supporters section season ticket price in MLS

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow man, $180 for a Chivas season ticket. That's cheeeeeap.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Wow man, $180 for a Chivas season ticket. That's cheeeeeap.

- Scott
    IDK man, I think that is actually a rip-off.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    IDK man, I think that is actually a rip-off.
    Well, if you consider that it's Chivas, sure. But otherwise... cheap, haha.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note 5: According to TFC fans on Twitter, new season tickets for TFC this season cost $342 Canadian. Most season ticket holders renewed at 2007 levels. Those prices are less than $200 Canadian.

So, we actually have the lowest season ticket price in a supporters section? With the exchange rate they're using, and with the 19 games in the package, it works out to basically US$9 per game.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ In fairness though, for YEARS we were unjustly over-paying for season tickets. Think of this season's price reduction as some sort of financial kharma.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should do a concessions comparison as well.

Beers in Montreal and Columbus were way cheaper then at BMO... food was to IIRC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I'm happy to pay for my season ticket cost if we find a way to win our first home game. . . . . .
    that said . . . .

34 games league games
    17 home games
    average 1 goal per home game
    $190 season ticket
    that's $11.18 CAD each goal, if they score in every home game, that I will celebrate in the stands with you lot.

THAT'S A BLOODY GOOD DEAL
    Last edited by Technorgasm; 03-02-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    I'm happy to pay for my season ticket cost if we find a way to win our first home game. . . . . .
    that said . . . .

34 games league games
    17 home games
    average 1 goal per home game
    $190 season ticket
    that's $11.18 CAD each goal, if they score in every home game, that I will celebrate in the stands with you lot.

THAT'S A BLOODY GOOD DEAL
    we get the 2 ACC games so $10/game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ And if anyone paid with their BMO Mastercard, they get a free jersey voucher as well.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sucks to be DC United fans. Dam. They got screwed, shit team last year.
    New England, probably one of the worst stadiums to see a game, they need to move, over priced for what it is in new England. Team was ok tho last year.
    Portland has best atmosphere in the league, they got a sick stadium and a good team. Its worth the money.
    Chivas no fans, shit team, I wouldn't pay that even tho it is the lowest in the league.
    Salt Lake is a good deal, good team, decent stadium and fans.

Toronto FC we got a good deal this year. But we started at $200, went up to $300 and then to over $400 at one point, and that was following year after year of never making the playoffs, and not only making the playoffs we also set so many league records like worst start to a season, fewest goals, longest goalless streak. I mean we were brutal. Yet prices just kept going up and up. We are due low prices!
    Last edited by james; 03-05-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I know the phrase has gotten tossed around these forums a lot, but TFC truly came close to killing that golden goose didn't they?

And what blows me away the most is how incredibly unapologetic they were about it. The team was absolute shit and we'd have Tom Anselmi, Paul Beirne and their cohorts basically just shrugging their shoulders and saying if we don't want to pay those high prices, someone else would (btw: there was never anyone else). To this day it makes my blood boil just thinking of these arrogant directors and executives who thought all they needed to do was put eleven guys in red shirts on the field and that would satisfy everyone.

TFC is giving us a good deal this season. For a change. But I know deep in my heart that the minute we start winning on any consistent basis, they are jacking those ticket prices up just like all the times before. Call me a cynic, but as long as MLSE runs this club, we're never going to have ticket prices which accurately reflect the value of entertainment on offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ And if anyone paid with their BMO Mastercard, they get a free jersey voucher as well.
    According to the article Chivas STHs get 2 free jerseys just for renewing. Must be nice not to have to support the sponsor (which I can't do) in addition to the team to get the perks.