RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched a few clips on TFC TV. That media training has really paid off. They are all beginning to sound like robots. I can nearly predict, every time after the question is asked, how each coach and player is going to respond.

Anyone want to make up a drinking game watching TFC TV?

God, this off season has been too long.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was conversating recently. . . .about TFC (nothign new there)

What if we actually WIN our first game in Seattle?
    Do we instantly turn from Joke to threat?
    Will the expectations soar out of the milky way? (to an unreasonable height?)

We are literlly moments away to finding out.

What do YOU lot think will be the aftermath should we get the result at Qwest field?

Fortress BMO: Those saying that TFC fans "invented" supporters' group culture in MLS are going a bit too far, but anyone who was around in 2007 will admit that BMO Field was packed, and loud, and raucous, and a can't-miss atmosphere. Was it worth anything in the standings? Not really – we all know TFC have never made the playoffs. But it made for must-watch TV, and will again in 2014. Even if everything goes wrong.
    Last edited by Technorgasm; 02-25-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post

Fortress BMO: Those saying that TFC fans "invented" supporters' group culture in MLS are going a bit too far, but anyone who was around in 2007 will admit that BMO Field was packed, and loud, and raucous, and a can't-miss atmosphere. Was it worth anything in the standings? Not really – we all know TFC have never made the playoffs. But it made for must-watch TV, and will again in 2014. Even if everything goes wrong.
    I like this. I think we need to bring it this year like we did back in '07
    The key to success in the stands back then was that we were having fun and supported the boys on the pitch.

We veered off path to protest the ownership and rightly so - unfortunately the atmosphere in the stands suffered because of it.

If Dero can let bygones be bygones, I think we should as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The key to success in the stands back then was that we were having fun and supported the boys on the pitch.

We veered off path to protest the ownership and rightly so - unfortunately the atmosphere in the stands suffered because of it.

Completely agree. I feel like this year we should be starting with a clean slate. Bring back the passion and energy of '07

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bannering tonight! Start time now 6:30.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

We get a few wins right out of the gate and you will no doubt see a fantastic atmosphere at BMO. No need to plan or force it. It will just happen. That's the beauty of winning - it fixes everything and immediately turns the home ground into party central However, if we lose then you'll see the core of supporters attempt to FORCE an atmosphere - just like we have seen over the years. Doesn't work as well as winning. Nothing does.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Season Seat Tickets Sold Out

Half Seasons Now available, Single game tickets to go on sale March 5th.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for the season to begin . . .
    However, heard Emery Welshman was put on waivers today?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    We get a few wins right out of the gate and you will no doubt see a fantastic atmosphere at BMO. No need to plan or force it. It will just happen. That's the beauty of winning - it fixes everything and immediately turns the home ground into party central However, if we lose then you'll see the core of supporters attempt to FORCE an atmosphere - just like we have seen over the years. Doesn't work as well as winning. Nothing does.
    Agreed, winning does help the situation.
    I don't like the forced atmosphere either, but we weren't winning in season 1 either.

point being is to just have fun. This isn't a job, let's not treat it as such - this is the problem from years past. Trying to hard instead of just relaxing and having fun.