Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.....bonus money to players for playing in friendlies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the first 18 players count towards the cap. Up to 20 if they're on the senior roster not the reserve roster.

And here's the fun calculation to figure out cap hit:

1. taking the Player’s annualized base salary, multiplying it by 1.04;
    2. adding to it any signing bonus paid or payable to the Player on a cashflow basis;
    3. adding to it any readily achievable individual bonuses in the Player’s contract (calculated largely, but not solely, by reference to the Player’s performance in the previous year). For Players new to the League or who were injured the previous year, readily achievable bonuses shall be reasonably determined by MLS after consulting with the Union;
    4. adding to it any housing and car allowance in the Player’s contract;
    5. adding to it any loyalty bonus;
    6. adding to it any additional compensation (including any roster bonus);
    7. adding any marketing bonus (including footwear/gloves);
    8. adding to it acquisition cost for loan/transfer;
    9. adding to it cost of processing a visa or green card;
    10. adding to it any fee payable to an agent or representative;
    and 11. adding to it any other costs involved as reasonably determined by MLS after consulting with the Union.

Its simple math really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for fun:

Senior Roster: Each Team shall have an eighteen (18) to twenty (20) man senior roster (the “Senior Roster”). Players on the Senior Roster must be paid a base salary equal toor greater than the Senior Minimum Salary set forth in Section 10.1. For purposes of the TeamSalary Budget, if a Team does not fill a minimum of eighteen (18) slots, the League will impute a Senior Minimum Salary for the unfilled slots up to eighteen (18). For clarity, a Team may have 17 Players on the Senior Roster, but for purposes of the Team Salary Budget, the League will impute an 18th player at the Senior Minimum Salary;

Reserve Roster: Each Team shall have a Reserve Roster of up to eight (8)additional Players. There is no requirement that all slots are filled. The Reserve Roster slots will not count against the Team Salary Budget. Reserve Roster slots shall include ungraduated Generation adidas Players.
    • Roster slots 21-24: Up to four (4) Players will be paid a base salary which is at least the Senior Minimum Salary; and
    • Roster slots 25-28: Up to four (4) Players will be paid a base salary which is at least the Reserve Minimum Salary, provided the other rules regarding Reserve Minimum Salary Players set forth in Section 10.2 are met.

Roster slots above 28 may be added at the discretion of the League and Players occupying such slots shall earn a base salary no less than the Reserve Minimum Salary,provided the other rules regarding Reserve Minimum Salary Players set forth in Section 10.2 are met. Such roster slots shall not count against a Team’s Salary Budget.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    FINALLY! The last one never was released, we only saw the previous one.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players on road trips receive $74 per day for meals + $20 per day for incidental expenses. This should help Giovinco stretch his budget.

Actually for the players making the minimum this is really important.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmmm.....bonus money to players for playing in friendlies.
    Quoted for my own memory.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The allocation money stuff is very interesting. I can't make head nor tail out of this. Does it mean 2m goes to each team at the end of the year or there is a pool of 2m to be distributed to teams?
    Section 10.17 End of Season Allocation: The “End of the Season” allocation amounts shall be aminimum of $250,000 multiplied by the number of Teams that do not make the Post-Season in suchyear. MLS retains the discretion to distribute the total in different allocation amounts among eachTeam (whether or not such Team makes the Post-Season) provided the amounts are distributedamong a number of Teams equal to at least two less than the number of Teams that do not make thePost-Season. MLS may increase its spend on such allocations in its sole discretion. In the eventMLS increases its spend on such allocations, the increased spend will not be locked-in as a newrequired minimum spend.
    So it's a 2m pool of allocation that gets distributed to teams. It's not equally distributed so I suspect this is from where the famous "you suck" allocation comes from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano