Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in the first Edu v Bradley battle, I think we know who won....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund looks like he's growing into his RB role. Could be a revelation there this season. Needs to stop diving into tackles though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    Lambe just gives it up every time he touches the ball. He needs to be gone.
    Every game I ask why Reggie Lambe is still in MLS. I fear that I'll be asking the same question for years to come...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Okay, so we didn't pot one. Some of the best interplay we've ever seen from this team, though.
    I think you should write another doom and gloom article
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we win 2-0 or 3-0 with Defoe and Gilberto out there today.

Very good game, especially the second half. Some of the best movement and short passing I've seen from TFC. We created 3 or 4 legitimate scoring chances and a bunch of other half chances. Solid defensively. Bradley played a hell of a game, closing down all over the place and he clearly has full authority to aggressively join the attack. And even at RB Hagglund can do good things. I think we have a very good prospect in him.

Two things left to do with this squad. Get Orr to play with the backline to build chemistry, and get Defoe & Gilberto to play together and start banging in those chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far better performance then the first two games. It was night and day. Kept great shape and passed the ball well. Just needed to finish the chances. Bradley was the best player. Hope Gilberto will be ready for the last preseason game this Saturday. Also, would be good to see Bradley Orr play. Overall, a good game. Just need those goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't get to see 2nd half (work interfering with my football again). Ended scoreless?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was scary. give him a little bit of time and he'll hit those switches and long range passes, which means he has to be pressured constantly. and I didn't think he was playing 100%, more like 90-95%.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better possession better tactical play today, just hope no major injuries to any of the major players because there is not too much on the bench.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wasn't able to watch the match, but sounds like it will be decent viewing on Youtube later. Sounds like a lot of improvement from the last match, good to see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-league-feb-26

Lots of preseason games today, for those of you want more MLS action

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the commentators talked about how mls will crack down on the 6 second rule this year...makes counting the 6 seconds in the stands a good idea!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly keeper hoofball, eh?

Need to give Cesar outlets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Well, in the first Edu v Bradley battle, I think we know who won....
    The real battle will be the Battle of the US Stars on March 15, Deuce vs MB, now that is a showdown I can not wait for.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Wasn't able to watch the match, but sounds like it will be decent viewing on Youtube later. Sounds like a lot of improvement from the last match, good to see.
    The actually quality of the last few webcasts have made it very enjoyable to watch.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much better look out there today. Too bad they couldn't pop a couple of goals. But definitely lots of progress made out there. Hagglund looked alright to me as a RB option. Did Osorio look stationary to anyone else? Not moving as well as he did last year. It's like he's ball watching, or waiting for Bradley to do the work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, am impressed with Haglund. Kid is still learning but already seems to have that special something. A certain intensity, combined with his athleticism, and (from what I have seen in interviews) a significant optimism/desire to learn and get better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not exactly keeper hoofball, eh?

Need to give Cesar outlets.
    It's quite the luxury to have for a MLS goalkeeper. He is very comfortable playing the ball around the back. Also thought Henry looked more comfortable on the ball today than he did last year, which is good to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back to our resort from the game. As I am sure was clear from the TV coverage the team looked much better today, just missing the clinical finishing that we hope Defoe and Gilberto will bring. Gilberto was sitting in the stand watching the game and I talked to him (through an interpreter). He says he is 2 weeks away from being ready to play but hopes to be OK for Seattle. Orr and Bloom were both warming up before the game. I also spoke to Bloom during the game and he said if it was up to him he'd be out there now but the team are playing it safe. I think it's pretty certain that either Bloom or Orr will be playing in Seattle.

Other comments on the game. Morrow is ahead of Morgan. The only reason he came out at half-time was a minor injury. He was on the bench in the second half holding ice on his thigh. I hope that Dero is not pushing it because it's pre-season because he looked off the pace. We looked much better when he came off and Osorio played behind the striker.

Bradley is going to be the best player ever to pull on a TFC shirt. He's fast, strong, skillful and extremely hard working. He seemed to be all over the field.

We need more depth at the front. Weiderman works hard and has his moments, but if he's the first guy off the bench we have a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEED STRIKERS NOW..WILL PAY CASH. that is all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks that TFC lost Gilberto and Dike. With Defoe missing, the only guy left is Wiedeman. We need our strikers healthy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Sucks that TFC lost Gilberto and Dike. With Defoe missing, the only guy left is Wiedeman. We need our strikers healthy.
    We need another striker as well.

and hopefully at some point we can find a back up to replace Dike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If released reggie lambe we could sell that International Slot for Allocation, which we could combine with Reggie's salary to get a tasty MLS striker i reckon. The LAMBE IS OFFICIALLY OVERCOOKED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    If released reggie lambe we could sell that International Slot for Allocation, which we could combine with Reggie's salary to get a tasty MLS striker i reckon. The LAMBE IS OFFICIALLY OVERCOOKED.
    He was over cooked when his PR people showed up on the forums telling us about his Facebook fan page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    He was over cooked when his PR people showed up on the forums telling us about his Facebook fan page.
    Lol. Must have thought he was going to tear this league apart when he signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our final game of the tournament will be at 1pm on Saturday against Fluminense FC U-23.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    Our final game of the tournament will be at 1pm on Saturday against Fluminense FC U-23.
    Fluminese will be interesting, will present something different than playing a MLS opponent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda off topic, but Austin Berry who plays for Philly apparently was acquired for about 100k in allocation money. At about 75k salary, 2012 Rookie of the Year and he's an ironman. Would have made a nice 3rd CB

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Was it Big Bruva.... He tells no lies.