Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    a renovated stadium with closed in corners and a roof would help the atmosphere. The safe standing seats would only benefit if the Argos were to come to share BMO field, I think a lot of Argo fans would hate it, or not know what to do with the seats and then complain "why are the railings so high, we have to stand up to see over them." hahahaha
    maybe its their price to pay for a stadium share, hahaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a renovated stadium with closed in corners and a roof would help the atmosphere. The safe standing seats would only benefit if the Argos were to come to share BMO field, I think a lot of Argo fans would hate it, or not know what to do with the seats and then complain "why are the railings so high, we have to stand up to see over them." hahahaha
    stadiums in Germany have teraces that convert into all-seaters for uefa/fifa events

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    . . . . . . terraces hold more fans.
    If we, as supporters decide to champion 'safe standing' this will be the key $elling point.

Canny wait to see the plans for our new roof.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    stadiums in Germany have teraces that convert into all-seaters for uefa/fifa events
    Different stadiums have different terraces in Germany. I was talking about the stadiums in Germany that have rail seats that fold up flat when you are not sitting in them. Those are the ones it appears that England is more interested in and are having a trial season with. Those seats I don't think they even need to remove for UEFA games as the seats are always there? And I also don't think they usually have backs to them. i don't think Argos would like that!

Other stadiums have seats that are completely removed for league games, but put in for UEFA games, and I think they usually don't have nearly as much railings. Those ones are closer to the old England standing terraces. And a lot of those seats that they move in and out have no backs to them as well.
    Last edited by james; 02-21-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    If we, as supporters decide to champion 'safe standing' this will be the key $elling point.

Canny wait to see the plans for our new roof.
    I think old English style terraces are completely safe, some teams in lower division still use them. I think the main problem was that they over crowded them, that was what lead to deaths. As for the new Safe standing terraces that they are trying in England I don't think they are fitting more people in the stands, they still have assigned seats that just happen to fold up. They probably just leave less leg room and stuff, but I don't think it would be to much of a difference really.
    Last edited by james; 02-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different stadiums have different terraces in Germany. I was talking about the stadiums in Germany that have rail seats that fold up flat when you are not sitting in them. Those are the ones it appears that England is more interested in and are having a trial season with. Those seats I don't think they even need to remove for UEFA games as the seats are always there? And I also don't think they usually have backs to them. i don't think Argos would like that!

Other stadiums have seats that are completely removed for league games, but put in for UEFA games, and I think they usually don't have nearly as much railings. Those ones are closer to the old England standing terraces. And a lot of those seats that they move in and out have no backs to them as well.
    interesting...got this when i was searching for something different:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_standing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There are still seats, except that they are the fold down ones - movie theater style.
    I was referring to someone noting that they should get rid of the seats all together.

I really like the design that was posted, I would just add in a second bar half way up for little people.

I can't wait to see all you guys, going out of my head!!!
    WE DID IT!