Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now we know, that was Bradley's last home game pre free agency. Unless we win MLS Cup.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he sure didn't sound like someone who is leaving, in his post game comments .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If I was Bradley looking at the abuse an MLS Cup winning coach like Vanney has had here I'd run for the hills rather than take such an offer, if TFC ever made one like that.
    I just don’t see Bradley being afraid of some “abuse”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has made $36M over the last 6 years. He is not going to go for top dollar.

Respect, long term opportunity, and the long term interest and happiness of his family, are going to be amongst the biggest factors here.

By long term opportunity I mean “where he can make progress on setting up his post playing day’s management career...”
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    he sure didn't sound like someone who is leaving, in his post game comments .
    There was an article in the Athletic quoting him as wanting to stay. We'll see what Curtis thinks about it soon enough (unless TFC wins the MLS Cup, in which case he gets one more year as DP).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC should resign Michael Bradley!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two year max TAM deal would be more than fine by me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    How much tam does TFC have left?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agree. I would even go three years. But if he's a DP, it's a serious mistake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    The Manning-Curtis era, yet another dark stain on the history of TFC.
    It's like 2007 - 2015 never happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bradley has made $36M over the last 6 years. He is not going to go for top dollar.

Respect, long term opportunity, and the long term interest and happiness of his family, are going to be amongst the biggest factors here.

By long term opportunity I mean “where he can make progress on setting up his post playing day’s management career...”
    He can always go for top dollar on a retirement contract and be welcomed back in this city with open arms for the next stage of his family's life.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From his interview with the athletic, it seems it's going to be TAM. When it was brought up to him, he said he would "Absolutely" sign a TAM deal. I think the only reason it's not done yet is because he has an automatic clause that gets triggered if we win MLS Cup

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    From his interview with the athletic, it seems it's going to be TAM. When it was brought up to him, he said he would "Absolutely" sign a TAM deal. I think the only reason it's not done yet is because he has an automatic clause that gets triggered if we win MLS Cup
    It's probably not done yet because the CBA is about to renew and the concept of "TAM" may change

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    It's probably not done yet because the CBA is about to renew and the concept of "TAM" may change
    Great point. I didn't even think of that. It will probably slow in terms of signings until it is ratified

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need him to stay but we also need a replacement for him at CDM. He is the key to the system of play. If goes we will likely have to bring another DP to fill the role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I think we need him to stay but we also need a replacement for him at CDM. He is the key to the system of play. If goes we will likely have to bring another DP to fill the role.
    We have Fraser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    We have Fraser.
    Lol Fraser as our general. Makes me nervous ATM.

He has much to learn from Bradley over the next 2 years (preferably). He's only played 19 league games.

If the hype is to be believed, let them work together.
    Last edited by Brooker; 10-24-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    We have Fraser.
    Seriously stop with this. How are you going to ask a kid to step into a role like that Full time with barely no experience.

he's not going to be the number 1 guy for at least two seasons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Seriously stop with this. How are you going to ask a kid to step into a role like that Full time with barely no experience.

he's not going to be the number 1 guy for at least two seasons
    If he wasn't from Toronto would we be having this conversation? I want nothing than to see him succeed but people need to slow down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser currently requires support as a CM. He's no destroyer. (And, yes, I was at the Canada / US game - he was surrounded by defensively sound mids)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser is 100% ready to share CM duties with Bradley, or Delgado, or whoever. 100%.

We need to give him 17 starts next year - half the season - at a bare minimum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Fraser is 100% ready to share CM duties with Bradley, or Delgado, or whoever. 100%.

As we plan on playing, no. Too slow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that also depends on the guy this thread is about. If he leaves then all open for Fraser depending on CBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    As we plan on playing, no. Too slow.
    He's really no slower than Bradley these days. And he actually plays faster on the ball - he favours playing progressive passes, forward seam passes, more often than Bradley does. If we're trying to attack quickly after recovering the ball, that's his strength.

Look, you don't improve by sitting on the bench. We're all living in a fantasy if we think he can keep getting like 8 starts a year and then in 2 or 3 years he'll magically be ready to be our #1 DM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser definitely has to play somewhere, Toronto or elsewhere. I think he has really improved his defensive side as well. He's ready to share the load and even to get stints in a bigger role.

I have no idea how Vanney and Co will orchestrate this. It's tied to Bradley's contract; question of captaincy; and much more. Plus I feel that our defensive midfield play has rarely been strong enough in 2018 and 2019 to adequately shield our defense in games where that was needed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

If TFC plays Fraser 17+ times benching Bradley and we miss the 2020 playoffs as a result, would that be acceptable short term pain for long term gain?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn’t have to be Bradley that makes room for Fraser. It could be Delgado. Lots of formations work with 2 DMs, the 3-5-2 obviously for one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Vanney going back to the 3-5-2 - even less of a chance doing so just to give Fraser somewhere to play.

The 4-3-3 midfield Vanney really wants to play is a DM with 2 attack minded mids - that's Bradley with Oso & Poz. I think that's coming next season when Poz has had a few months rest & can refocus on his defensive capabilities (he can play defensively - he's just so knackered, asking him to track back is wasting his valuable energy reserves)

The bigger question for me is if we free up a DP slot, what's the next DP focus? I suspect its outside attack, probably on the right, with somebody willing to put in the dirty work defensively. Suks to be Gallardo, Endoh & DeLeon but that's the logical place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure a Bradley-Fraser partnership works since neither of them can cover much ground. It's too bad because I like Fraser's game a lot and he deserves to be playing more

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TFC brass isn't as dumb as people think. They know what they have with Fraser and they know how to develop a player like him. They will find a space on the Roster for him and give him the minutes he needs to progress to a full time starter.

With that being said - it ain't happening next year. He may find his way into more starting minutes towards the end of the year, but he won't be a full time starter until at least 2021 when he will be an over the hill 23 YEAR OLD!! <---- SARCASM He's not fucking old so stop worry about him not getting minutes and moving to Real Madrid (Over exaggeration) to find playing time...