Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Michael has made $36M here and will therefore be a highly unusual free agent. The difference between what teams might offer him will have negligible impact on his net worth. Paying top dollar won't matter.

The LAFC stuff seems unlikely to me. Seems like a misread of the guy. Guys like Bradley want to compete with their Dad, not play for their Dad (and this is what made him great in big games btw)

I highly doubt Bradley will be a DP anywhere. But if he has to be a TAM player, I bet he leaves, he is much more likely to do that for a US based team, maybe somewhere where he can start building roots for his life after his playing days. That could be anywhere, and frankly a ton of teams could use the name recognition of Bradley more than LAFC would. Although if his wife loves Toronto, then he will maybe stay. But she is not from here, so I highly doubt that. I think he is 100% gone, he knows it, and that's what we are seeing.

Much more likely that he winds up in Columbus (probably my best guess - Bez needs to do something, and Columbus is a big USMNT town), Chicago or Philadelphia, than LAFC. I would also keep an eye on Seattle. This would be right up their alley (kind of like what they did with Chad Marshall). A good longshot bet is Michael going to Seattle now, before the deadline, imho.

Wild ass guess - I bet his next deal includes a path to management. That is I suspect what he is thinking about. Kind of like what Rooney just did.
    Imagining a multi-millionaire name-brand (for America, at least in terms of hatred for him) deciding to head for his settle down years in Columbus is pretty funny.

Rooney’s wife: DC is too far from Ibiza. Let’s move back to England.

Bradley’s wife: Let’s spend the twilight of your career somewhere nice... like Columbus, OH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deadline has passed. He aint going anywhere else in MLS this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt Bradley will be a DP anywhere. ...

Columbus, DCU, Nashville, Chicago, Cinci, Philly, Houston, SKC, Colorado, RSL - all of these teams would make him a DP (above TAM level) & be better teams for it. He is highly respected by GM's in this league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Columbus, DCU, Nashville, Chicago, Cinci, Philly, Houston, SKC, Colorado, RSL - all of these teams would make him a DP (above TAM level) & be better teams for it. He is highly respected by GM's in this league.
    Chicago stands out on that list. I could see that from both sides.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys like Bradley want to compete with their Dad, not play for their Dad (and this is what made him great in big games btw)

I .
    This right here. Why I see him taking a pay cut and trying to stay on as a coach at some point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael has made $36M here and will therefore be a highly unusual free agent. The difference between what teams might offer him will have negligible impact on his net worth. Paying top dollar won't matter.

The LAFC stuff seems unlikely to me. Seems like a misread of the guy. Guys like Bradley want to compete with their Dad, not play for their Dad (and this is what made him great in big games btw)

I highly doubt Bradley will be a DP anywhere. But if he has to be a TAM player, I bet he leaves, he is much more likely to do that for a US based team, maybe somewhere where he can start building roots for his life after his playing days. That could be anywhere, and frankly a ton of teams could use the name recognition of Bradley more than LAFC would. Although if his wife loves Toronto, then he will maybe stay. But she is not from here, so I highly doubt that. I think he is 100% gone, he knows it, and that's what we are seeing.

Much more likely that he winds up in Columbus (probably my best guess - Bez needs to do something, and Columbus is a big USMNT town), Chicago or Philadelphia, than LAFC. I would also keep an eye on Seattle. This would be right up their alley (kind of like what they did with Chad Marshall). A good longshot bet is Michael going to Seattle now, before the deadline, imho.

Wild ass guess - I bet his next deal includes a path to management. That is I suspect what he is thinking about. Kind of like what Rooney just did.

Maybe he becomes our new player/coach next year

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's out the door. If not LA, anywhere else that will pay him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think he's out the door. If not LA, anywhere else that will pay him.
    No. Somewhere with ambition.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Same place. If they have ambition they would pay for a Michael Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see him winding up at a team currently in the basement to provide a leadership role.

Most markets would see backlash from their fanbase though, given their attitude towards him in the States as the architect of the T&T debacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I could see him winding up at a team currently in the basement to provide a leadership role.

Most markets would see backlash from their fanbase though, given their attitude towards him in the States as the architect of the T&T debacle.
    There's some question as to whether he's the guy for that. Jesse Marsch said when he played with him that Bradley was the supreme competitor and the toughest guy to play against, but he wasn't a leader. He wasn't a motivator; he was an example to follow but he didn't have a personality that spoke to everyone in the locker room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    [/B]

NEWS: Vanney leaves club, Bradley to take over as manager...

Is something I could see happening

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    NEWS: Vanney leaves club, Bradley to take over as manager...

Is something I could see happening
    I couldn't personally.

I think Curtis already has someone to call on as his preferred Vanney replacement.

Bradley is gone after this season, the club and he know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't personally.

I think Curtis already has someone to call on as his preferred Vanney replacement.

I think Bradley has 3 more years in him. He’ll be looking for a DP role for 1 or 2 and a TAM season on the end...support to do his coaching badges. It possible that could work as a plan to replace Vanney. But that means Vanney has it in his head to leave at some point.

Most probably you are right that they don’t want to renew...it would have happened by now if he did. The weird thing is the option year if we win the MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same place. If they have ambition they would pay for a Michael Bradley.
    When you put it that way, agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't personally.

You are quite probably right. And so will Vanney be gone. “Mutual” ( like they do in the UK)

And then we are into the Manning Curtis era. Based on actions so far, I have no confidence whatsoever in that duo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are quite probably right. And so will Vanney be gone. “Mutual” ( like they do in the UK)

And then we are into the Manning Curtis era. Based on actions so far, I have no confidence whatsoever in that duo.
    The "success" of the Argos ought to give one pause about Manning's ability to put in place a winning team. He's no Leiweke.

As far as Curtis goes, the emphasis will shift to more economical signings. He'll try to keep Michael Bradley if he can get him cheap (and will be forced to keep him if TFC wins the MLS Cup) but I think that's unlikely. Michael will go.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Manning-Curtis era, yet another dark stain on the history of TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...tough room tonight.

About Curtis - can really only be judged on the summer signing season. Poz happened (wobbles & discussions sure but still) under his watch. Boyd might be on him. Everything else is still an unknown.

I still put most of what has happened since Marky missed that shot down to Bez & our defence.

Manning? As a President, team is better run behind the scenes & the atmosphere is better & the experience is better. I betya $ / butt is higher then its ever been, across all sections.

But we ain't Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL no kidding tough room, its hilarious to read some of it. Manning, the president of the club when we went to back to back MLS cup finals, and a champions league final. Who I'd say has clearly shown this year is not going to cut salaries. This isn't the Blue Jays. Curtis, too early to make a strong judgement if you're being fair. Need to see what happens with the guys he just brought in, and how the off season goes for him. Talk to me in a year about Curtis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wow...tough room tonight.

About Curtis - can really only be judged on the summer signing season. Poz happened (wobbles & discussions sure but still) under his watch. Boyd might be on him. Everything else is still an unknown.

I still put most of what has happened since Marky missed that shot down to Bez & our defence.

Manning? As a President, team is better run behind the scenes & the atmosphere is better & the experience is better. I betya $ / butt is higher then its ever been, across all sections.

But we ain't Houston.
    I dunno OG. Not sure why you say things are better behind the scenes - not evident to me (I don't say it isn't, i just don't see it).

what I do see: disastrous (and naive) handling of the contract of the best player in MLS history (looked and sounded completely caught off guard); losing Bez (looked and sounded caught off guard); a poor record of signings in his era (including the fact that we should have brought in Gallardo and Benezet in the first window - or players like them); little touches at the game that make it more corporate - like telling us what to do with the pregame introductions; the anthem not always sung by us unaided, etc; the north end feeling like it is permanently under construction which totally distracts from the atmosphere and is embarrassing on TV; saying "we are going to change the stadium so it feels more like an argos stadium" (tin ear). I am told he is very smart and very honourable; but all of these things, big and little, don't give me confidence and should worry all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    LOL no kidding tough room, its hilarious to read some of it. Manning, the president of the club when we went to back to back MLS cup finals, and a champions league final. Who I'd say has clearly shown this year is not going to cut salaries. This isn't the Blue Jays. Curtis, too early to make a strong judgement if you're being fair. Need to see what happens with the guys he just brought in, and how the off season goes for him. Talk to me in a year about Curtis.
    Manning inherited those teams, although fair enough, he did oversee some good acquisitions - but also some weird departures (Beita, Hasler for example) - that seemed to show poor talent evaluation at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning inherited those teams, although fair enough, he did oversee some good acquisitions - but also some weird departures (Beita, Hasler for example) - that seemed to show poor talent evaluation at the time.
    Manning is president, those player moves were Bez. With Manning you gotta be looking at how much is the club spending? and things like fan relations. Manning is the guy approving spending on guys like Pozo, but moves like Beita I'd guess he had very litle to do with. He's been here since what, 2015? I'm sure he deserves much criticism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't giving him credit for 2017 so my criticisms were a little one sided, but he did look blindsided by both Bez and Seba, and doesn't seem to have been able to oversee a rebirth from the team he inherited to a rejuvenated one. Plus this year has been a shambles - and they had all of last year to transition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take Michael on a non-DP deal, and he could phase out and Liam Fraser phase in over the next year or two.
    I also think his replacing Vanney is not a crazy idea. He should make a good coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    I take Michael on a non-DP deal, and he could phase out and Liam Fraser phase in over the next year or two.
    I also think his replacing Vanney is not a crazy idea. He should make a good coach.

Westberg will make a good one too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Benoit Cheyrou maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael has to be the best signing this club could have ever made.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    [/B]

Agreed and we would be crazy not to give him that path... that's how traditions and franchises build.

COYRs

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Agreed and we would be crazy not to give him that path... that's how traditions and franchises build.

COYRs
    The first losing strike he'd have, people would be attacking Curtis for hiring someone without first team coaching experience, everyone will be focused on how the USMNT never won the WC with Bradley in the lineup, #bradleyout will be trending on twitter, and people will be angry that MLSE didn't somehow convince an EPL coach to come here.

If I was Bradley looking at the abuse an MLS Cup winning coach like Vanney has had here I'd run for the hills rather than take such an offer, if TFC ever made one like that.