Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bradley is clearly an excellent player, but that doesn't mean he can't improve. His set pieces have been off and he is not looking for late runners into the box - ball watches - against Montreal Patti will pick up on that. On the other hand, his referee baiting is world class . Love it.
    This - when he lined up for the extratime free kick that he overcooked for a goal kick...I knew exactly what was going to happen. It was so depressing. At this point I don't blame Bradley so much..he is being enabled by the team and the coach. Some one has to have the chat - that your just not taking the kicks better find something usefull to do on deadballs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over/under on number of days before the first "Michael Bradley to Swansea in the January window" rumour appears?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Over/under on number of days before the first "Michael Bradley to Swansea in the January window" rumour appears?
    Transfer rumour pages come out in English papers daily so.....tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good club for Bob Bradley in picking Swansea, quite a few managers without a lot of top level experience have done well there, Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk. Don't know much about him in fairness but funny interview he give upon his appt.

“When I have a chance to observe different managers, the ones that do good work, I mention Pochettino, Klopp, Tuchel,” the American told the Daily Mail upon appointment.
    “We haven’t even talked about the Guardiolas and the Ancelottis.
    “But I’ll tell you what – maybe I’m stupid – but I think I’m a manager in and around that level.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has been on loan in the EPL before. He was at Aston Villa a few years ago. He barely played though.

That was a low point in his career, after that he had to go to Chievo (a pretty marginal team) on a free to rebuild his game.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-03-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is way to slow and shit for the premier league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EPL is so manager driven I wouldn't suggest anybody was shite unless they actually played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bradley has been on loan in the EPL before. He was at Aston Villa a few years ago. He barely played though.

That was a low point in his career, after that he had to go to Chievo (a pretty marginal team) on a free to rebuild his game.
    That wasn't entirely his fault. Manager that brought him in got sacked soon after and the new one didn't want him. McLeish brought him in and Houiller didn't want him or vice versa IIRC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The EPL is so manager driven I wouldn't suggest anybody was shite unless they actually played.
    It's not like Villa has been the poster child for making good decisions....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Bob Bradley will have to sort this, or find a replacement for Ki.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co...ail/story.html

Ki is a guy that Michael Bradley has been compared to before, in terms of style of play, role, and age (Ki is a box to box MF who is the captain of South Korea)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I want to respond to this, but I am trying to find the words, as I do not wish to be insulting. Why is he too slow and shit for the EPL????

Please explain this too me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause when you watch the EPL it seems so fast and wonderful and the whole world loves them and they are all good guys and great players and its the greatest greatest bestest football EVAH!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy it while it lasts. With Brexit they will be deporting half the players...probably go back to allowing only 3 foreigners per team. The three imports rule was only stopped by EU labour laws. They are already talking about sending foreign DR's home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts. With Brexit they will be deporting half the players...probably go back to allowing only 3 foreigners per team. The three imports rule was only stopped by EU labour laws. They are already talking about sending foreign DR's home.
    Not to derail this, but I wouldn't invest much energy in the football impact of "Brexit".

There is a lot being written that no one, from Theresa May on down, has any idea what "Brexit" actually is, or how to do it.... it's a 5 to 10 year process, best case, if they ever really do it. If you are interested, the axe on this is David Allen Green, an FT correspondent, follow him on twitter.

Also - my daughter wants to know why Voldemort is on the front page of the sports section today
    Last edited by ensco; 10-04-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his decision making is too slow, he lacks the first touch pass with both feet and his long pass accuracy is not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his decision making is too slow, he lacks the first touch pass with both feet and his long pass accuracy is not good enough.
    if a top 4 team was going for him, sure I'd apply those arguments, probably even a top 6 team, but Bradley could do a job for a mid table team down. Give him a clearly defined role in a team where he is not the main man, where he gets dropped if he plays badly, he could do a job. You see players such as Cattermole at Sunderland, Whelan at Stoke, McArthur at West Brom, are any of them head and shoulders above Bradley in terms of talent, I'm not so sure. You take the Bradley launching hollywood passes and hitting all deep lying set peices, tell him to concentrate on winning the ball and laying it off, he'd do okay. He has the athleticism to play in PL, sure he gives the ball away too much but I think he tries to hard as he sees himself as the team leader. I didn't watch him at Roma, but surely he didn't give the ball away as much as he does for us. He has the ability to make great passes but you don't need to do it with nearly every pass, mix it up more. Put him a in team where he's not the captain, he doesn't have that added pressure he'd do a job. With the money in the pl even with the smaller teams now, it's certainly doable.
    I see quite a lot of the Swansea press are basically saying his dad only got the job due to the American owners, would be quite a ballsy move if they brought his son in also lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the stats on TFC's record with and without Bradley? I have a feeling it's not going to be very complimentary to him. Many observers have hit the nail on the head, he tries to do way to much. I would love to see him teamed up with Cheyrou as a DM pairing, could be fantastic if it's managed properly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Bradley responds to his Dad getting the Swansea job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some who might advocate a UK first roster policy but the broadcasters who just ponied up a lot of money for the PL rights might feel differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very good scouting report. Correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your at the top of the field, you can work in any country you want. Labour laws in almost every country in the world allow this exemption. Brexit will have no impact on the PL or Championship.

its the PL & the FA that can impose it on themselves, but why put all those TV $ at risk.
    Last edited by Onyx; 10-04-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW Grant Wahl discussing some MB transfer interest from Milan and Bologna. I suspect Saputo shitstirring with the Bologna rumor.

Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 10-06-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if there will be any "my dad is in the big time maybe i should go back" from ol Michael

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael could have shut this down today, he didn't. Not that I blame him. He came here because we offered him 5x what he was making over there. If he can make his current wage AND play top flight football...

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2970386/t...ter-mls-season
    Last edited by ensco; 10-11-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's gone after this season. He's a great DP but he's very much a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none type midfielder. He also takes a chunk of international time which is a dumb MLS scheduling issue and has screwed us over the past 2 season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team seemed more composed with Cheyrou in the lineup instead of Bradley. If your going to spend 6 million its so much smarter to sign a younger French/Spanish/Italian/Argentinian(etc) version of Cheyrou that wont get called up for national duty. Why TFC is breaking the bank for USMT I have no idea.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you but on the bright side can't complain too much. This is the first step we took to go from a consistent bottom dweller to a solid playoff team. In the future the signing will be smarter and better but still happy with thr current crop. Just wish it didn't take us 9 years and we could have done it in 2 years like NYCFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was so brutal yesterday. The second Impact goal was a direct result of his screw up at the Montreal 18 yard line. His passing was woeful and he was second best on most 50/50 challenges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Bradley was so brutal yesterday. The second Impact goal was a direct result of his screw up at the Montreal 18 yard line. His passing was woeful and he was second best on most 50/50 challenges.

Wouldn't have singled out Bradley out of anyone on the team for having a bad game. Even in the midfield, Delgado and Osorio had far worse games. The impact played three defensive midfielders and stuffed the middle of the park. Those games are always going to be hard on Bradley because he has to play really risky passes, either switching the ball to an overlapping fullback our trying to thread balls through a wall of midfielders. Without a proper #10 in the lineup these games are always going to put too much pressure on Bradley to create everything in midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Wouldn't have singled out Bradley out of anyone on the team for having a bad game. Even in the midfield, Delgado and Osorio had far worse games. The impact played three defensive midfielders and stuffed the middle of the park. Those games are always going to be hard on Bradley because he has to play really risky passes, either switching the ball to an overlapping fullback our trying to thread balls through a wall of midfielders. Without a proper #10 in the lineup these games are always going to put too much pressure on Bradley to create everything in midfield.
    I feel like Cooper is a proper #10 and was the best man on the pitch yesterday. Bradley was really in shit form yesterday. Maybe it was because he was returning from international duty and wasn't clicking with the boys but to put that performance out there after he left the door open to an early departure from Toronto leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I think he is a good contributor and a valuable player but not a necessity.