Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, say MB goes in the academy and we get whoever to run the team from 2024 to 2025 and then boom, we get MB in 2026.

He steps up to the mic and says we're going to do ________ in a good way.

Cue the flashbacks & resurfacing trauma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happens to mb? Had some kind of injury ( not in game), buggered off to Wales as it turns out to get coaching license as his father ran the team into the ground. And after the Athletic piece referencing how bad/toxic the team atmosphere was….

Dad gets canned, mb shows up to watch one practice just to say has family “stuff” and has not been seen or heard from again as the season implodes? Not a peep but still collecting a paycheque….?

Not very captain like but I digress…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Agree with all this. We need to move on for everyone's sake and him being involved will be an issue attracting and retaining any managers

As I said he could be a future TFC manager but the only path there is to go earn his reputation elsewhere and then if he's a viable candidate bring him back
    If any potential manager is worried about MB in this way he shouldn’t be managing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB returns and we get completely overun in the mid with him doing thew usual...going behind the centre backs to get a touch that leads to nothing...

Some kid (Duke?) was running (literally) circles around him last night.

Looks like Dunfield also will play him no matter what....and he is still on another year?

If he won't retire, then buy him out. He's done. Great in the past, but is totally finished now.

PS Oso was crap as well....Bradley and Oso cannot be on the field at the same time...complete non factors defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Looks like Dunfield also will play him no matter what....and he is still on another year?
    He subbed him at half time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB returns and we get completely overun in the mid with him doing thew usual...going behind the centre backs to get a touch that leads to nothing...

PS Oso was crap as well....Bradley and Oso cannot be on the field at the same time...complete non factors defensively.
    They should both be subs right now. Especially with Insigne, Berna, Mailula and Prince now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He subbed him at half time.
    Should not have started him....we were in a hole right away. He was horrendous.

ON the second goal...Romero absolute horrendous goal kick aside...but MB no reaction whatsover and Duke (spelling?) fed the forward...and no where to be found chasing back on both goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    They should both be subs right now. Especially with Insigne, Berna, Mailula and Prince now.
    Agreed...subs at most. Then in the offseason time for both to go. Its over now for both.

Oso has literally fallen off a cliff this year...and we are paying him big bucks also...has to go to start this true rebuild.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley's 300th TFC game tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bradley's 300th TFC game tonight...
    Was a disaster again.

Dunfield should be fired for starting him again and he is still wearing the armband unbeliavbly.

And to think, he is still here next year...will be starting every game then too....unless we bring in a Perez or someone not North American.

Slow as molasses...its over. Pay him out and get him out of here. Enough is enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is The General, oh captain, my captiain. He is the passion, the fight, the desire. He will be here until he decides its time. Until support him, hopefully they honour him Wednesday for 300th games of glory.

Was a disaster again.

Dunfield should be fired for starting him again and he is still wearing the armband unbeliavbly.

And to think, he is still here next year...will be starting every game then too....unless we bring in a Perez or someone not North American.

Slow as molasses...its over. Pay him out and get him out of here. Enough is enough.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although he has played a bit better last game, moments like this continue to annoy me. I feel like MB usually tries zonal marking in the majority of situations. I saw multiple instances in the last match where on corners he was covering no one, meanwhile a player was right on Romero, which should've been his responsibility to shoulder-push the guy out of the keeper's way.
    Here's an example from the crossbar and Romero palm out. He never gets close to #33 at all during the play (who was closer to the goal line than Bradley for the entire play), he was watching the flight of the ball the entire time and had the ball on the Romero save been a foot to the right, 33 would've had an uncontested tap-in. It was truly unacceptable defending. I was a CB growing up and my main responsibility on corners was to always clear out the keeper if a guy was trying to stand on him so he could make a play on the ball if needed (also I had the same job on offensive corners - to screen/block the keeper's view and every single time there was a defender trying to push me out of the way). Seeing that not happen multiple times irked me - also it irked me that Romero wasn't yelling at any defender to get the guy out of his face. Poor defending and poor goalkeeping. Also poor by Rosted leaving Kerr with two guys (okay to be a couple steps off your guy like Ibarra on #3 on that play, but he's nowhere near his man)
    Last edited by rydermike; 09-03-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone knows I have been saying Bradley was long ago finished....took lots of heat for it from some....despite all the blunders and miscues....the captainancy and never coming off under dad....then came the DeGuzman video showing all the mistakes and showing he was done....then the long term absence while he is getting his coaching badges...the Athletic piece and comments about him behind the scenes...etc...he comes back and not only incredibly is he still captian but doesn't come off no matter what. Last night was another disaster class....

Is there ANYONE still left thinking bradly should be on this team? And he still has another year of guaranteed contract.

Was Dunfield watching bradley markinmg no one on corners again? Was he watching as the first goal went in, bradley literally was marking no one and had no idea where the ball was...as it was going by him he wasn't even looking...zone marking again...

Then the second goal, zone marking as his man scores with all the time in the world to pick the corner with an easy header....

He is done...yet is STILL the capatian...and another year of this.

And and this might be a weird question but not really...am almost wondering if bradley has a clause in his contract that only he has to mark no one on corners. Its embarrassing and don't think the opponents don't know it...pick on go after MB as he won't mark anyone or go for the ball... Does the coaching staff no watch film and notice he wont' mark ANYONE and won't go for headers? And he had zero awareness of anyone around him?

Sory for the rant...but had to get it out there watching that disasterclass performance by mb....take him off the field...take away the captaincy, buy out his contract and move on. Enough is enough!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the game thread, some were wondering if Bradley is cooked after his injury, and that's why he can't jump. However I remember past situations before his injury where he also wouldn't jump on free kicks, corners and other defensive situations. Of course it's not just about jumping high enough to actually connect on a header in these situations. You always have to jump in the situations. Even if you can clear the ball maybe you deflect it over the attacker's head, or at least you jump to block his view and make it a bit harder.

Bradley is far from the only problem on the team. But as the captain and a veteran he really sets the tone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    In the game thread, some were wondering if Bradley is cooked after his injury, and that's why he can't jump. However I remember past situations before his injury where he also wouldn't jump on free kicks, corners and other defensive situations. Of course it's not just about jumping high enough to actually connect on a header in these situations. You always have to jump in the situations. Even if you can clear the ball maybe you deflect it over the attacker's head, or at least you jump to block his view and make it a bit harder.

Bradley is far from the only problem on the team. But as the captain and a veteran he really sets the tone.
    The complete lack of effort to pick up a man...non chalant....refuses to not only mark someone but even half a.ssed jump to at least get a body on a man is inexcusable. Cut his a.ss and pay him out. Enough is enough

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My read on MB is he still decently reads the game, sometimes exceptionally so, but his body is too old to do anything about the plays he sees coming his way. This year is done, but the best thing he could do for next year would be to retire. He'd be delusional not to realize this.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    My read on MB is he still decently reads the game, sometimes exceptionally so, but his body is too old to do anything about the plays he sees coming his way. This year is done, but the best thing he could do for next year would be to retire. He'd be delusional not to realize this.
    These guys aren't wired this way. Nobody walks on guaranteed money. That goes double when you deferred dollars.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    These guys aren't wired this way. Nobody walks on guaranteed money. That goes double when you deferred dollars.
    Yeah, fair. I think you either hit him out or you pay him knowing he’s not showing up. It’s already gotten farcical he’s been around this long while struggling out there. Although it would appear the last injury accelerated his decline.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, fair. I think you either hit him out or you pay him knowing he’s not showing up. It’s already gotten farcical he’s been around this long while struggling out there. Although it would appear the last injury accelerated his decline.
    He might go if he moves into coaching and the gig pays enough or gives longer-term security. If he's just holding on to collect his contract, yeah then he's not going anywhere.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Although he has played a bit better last game, moments like this continue to annoy me. I feel like MB usually tries zonal marking in the majority of situations.
    Literally, this is our entire defense. None of them can read when to break out of the zone and cover, or backup someone moved out of position. So we're just swiss cheese.

Craig Forest, who has never been a huge admirer of MLS, was right on Footie Prime yesterday when he said there was so much space in our box you could drive a truck through it. He spent most of his career in the Premier League or Championship, and he's flabbergasted to watch MLS defenses, how much time on the ball they give before they close, how much space.

It's true. The league has evolved offensively, and it's beginning to evolve tactically. But the defending is fucking horrendous sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might go if he moves into coaching and the gig pays enough or gives longer-term security. If he's just holding on to collect his contract, yeah then he's not going anywhere.
    Is he a youth coach, maybe? Or is he too intimidating for that? He's never come across as warm and supportive, but maybe our youth have had too much of that.

Or is the prospect of another Bradley coaching TFC products too terrifying to contemplate?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Is he a youth coach, maybe? Or is he too intimidating for that? He's never come across as warm and supportive, but maybe our youth have had too much of that.

Or is the prospect of another Bradley coaching TFC products too terrifying to contemplate?
    or he could go join his dad... not necessarily TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clean break would probably be good at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do feel he could end up in some sort of role in TFC.. but there needs to be a gap. It can't be next season. Maybe in 3-5 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB cannot be in our FO in any capacity for a long time.

MB was the de facto GM after BB arrived. Who else would anyone think made the the personnel decisions when BB cleaned house last year?

My own guess is that he will be focused on the US and on broadcasting next.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clean break would probably be good at this point.
    how do we do that at this point though? We have so many bad contracts on the books, how do we get rid of as many as possible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    how do we do that at this point though? We have so many bad contracts on the books, how do we get rid of as many as possible?
    Buy out Michael, trade the TAM players (Johnson, Rosted, Petretta, Osorio, Diomande, Akinola) at a loss or with willingness to eat much of their new deals.

Try to sign Ibarra, rein in the Italians by telling them everyone's equal and they'll sit if they don't perform. And that they need to be positionally flexible, Bernardeschi in particular.

If they're still not value for money, try and move them to Saudi. No one else can afford them.

That's about all we can do. It's not my money, so...

They'll likely try to move Rosted back to Norway or another MLS club (NYFC has just signed a line leader from Molde, so... );

Petretta has some pedigree in the Swiss League, so that will be a target.

Osorio has some MLS value (and if we kept him might at least bounce back in a less injury-filled year);

Johnson is less expensive so less priority to move, despite being 34. Keepers are usually good to 36 at least, these days.

I'd release O'Neill, Sapong and Rajitsingh. Might try to get some value out of JMR while he's still young -- maybe offer him up for Ibarra? -- but Herdman might also be able to improve him more quickly. I really do think he's very skilled, he just doesn't have a football brain yet and he's been too coddled here.
    Last edited by jloome; 09-18-2023 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You actually don’t have to do anything, at all. We can pay him, eat his salary as dead weight, and have him sit on the couch should we so choose.

Maybe they’ll find a way to trade and get an additional buyout. But honestly, this is just something that needs to happen even if there’s no financial relief involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very, very probable Michael is gone at the end of the season; by mutual termination with some sort of respectable remuneration send-off to a full buyout good-bye, so-long, kiss. Bob so much as intimated so, dancing around the subject of Michael retiring in a recent interview; Michael, his family, his sister's family will all join their father/mother in Norway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy out Michael, trade the TAM players (Johnson, Rosted, Petretta, Osorio, Diomande, Akinola) at a loss or with willingness to eat much of their new deals.

Try to sign Ibarra, rein in the Italians by telling them everyone's equal and they'll sit if they don't perform. And that they need to be positionally flexible, Bernardeschi in particular.

If they're still not value for money, try and move them to Saudi. No one else can afford them.

That's about all we can do. It's not my money.
    Herdman won’t want to move Oso, whatever his year has been. Oso is the only guy here that Herdman knows and trusts. I think Oso is a lock to be captain (not looking to restart that convo, I know most people here don’t like that idea - I think he would do fine, and more to the point I just think it is highly likely)

I cannot imagine Ibarra choosing to be here.

Other than that, yup.