Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fraser played 9 games this season?! I actually had to check that stat. Jesus.

"The coach wants to see him play a full season in a competitive environment"

Honest to God I don't know how any of these kids are comfortable vesting their pro futures at this club, especially at DP positions. That's like an entry level job requiring applicants to have 3 years entry level experience.
    You think it's different in Europe? Or at other MLS clubs that spend?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    But Euro clubs utilize loans way more – it's just a part of the culture. Spurs have 7 players out on loan, for ex.

So if we're going to be a 'club that spends' and a 'club that wants to develop players' at the same time, then we're simply going to have to loan out more players. Fraser is probably the prime one. Also Akinola, and probably Okelo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don’t have landing spots for loans that make sense the way they do in Europe. We did do Bakero at Phoenix. Is that exciting to Fraser or Akinola?

Europe? We don’t have the league stature or caliber of player to make it work, Fraser at Vitesse or similar will likely just rot there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's especially difficult at our club compared to others in MLS. At least in Europe if you perform you play, less of this play him because he's a DP shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don’t have landing spots for loans that make sense the way they do in Europe. We did do Bakero at Phoenix. Is that exciting to Fraser or Akinola?

Europe? We don’t have the league stature or caliber of player to make it work, Fraser at Vitesse or similar will likely just rot there.
    I think they did a decent job finding Rocco a spot to play. I'm not saying send Fraser to Vitesse, I'm saying send him to PEC Zwolle or something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think it's especially difficult at our club compared to others in MLS. At least in Europe if you perform you play, less of this play him because he's a DP shit.
    I think you overestimate the amount of player rotation that happens in this league.

We actually play our kids more then most teams.

And....trying to think of any way our 3 DP's are shit and not coming up with an answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a loan to Colorado would make a lot of sense for Fraser - the Rapids are one of the few teams that do inter-league loans, they're short on midfielders right now (and I honestly think our boy would be an upgrade on Jack Price), plus there's already some familiarity there with Moor and of course the other guy named Fraser at head coach.

I agree with Liam that he needs to play. And I'd add that Okello needs to start seeing serious minutes as well this year