Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fraser played 9 games this season?! I actually had to check that stat. Jesus.

"The coach wants to see him play a full season in a competitive environment"

Honest to God I don't know how any of these kids are comfortable vesting their pro futures at this club, especially at DP positions. That's like an entry level job requiring applicants to have 3 years entry level experience.
    You think it's different in Europe? Or at other MLS clubs that spend?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    But Euro clubs utilize loans way more – it's just a part of the culture. Spurs have 7 players out on loan, for ex.

So if we're going to be a 'club that spends' and a 'club that wants to develop players' at the same time, then we're simply going to have to loan out more players. Fraser is probably the prime one. Also Akinola, and probably Okelo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don’t have landing spots for loans that make sense the way they do in Europe. We did do Bakero at Phoenix. Is that exciting to Fraser or Akinola?

Europe? We don’t have the league stature or caliber of player to make it work, Fraser at Vitesse or similar will likely just rot there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's especially difficult at our club compared to others in MLS. At least in Europe if you perform you play, less of this play him because he's a DP shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don’t have landing spots for loans that make sense the way they do in Europe. We did do Bakero at Phoenix. Is that exciting to Fraser or Akinola?

Europe? We don’t have the league stature or caliber of player to make it work, Fraser at Vitesse or similar will likely just rot there.
    I think they did a decent job finding Rocco a spot to play. I'm not saying send Fraser to Vitesse, I'm saying send him to PEC Zwolle or something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think it's especially difficult at our club compared to others in MLS. At least in Europe if you perform you play, less of this play him because he's a DP shit.
    I think you overestimate the amount of player rotation that happens in this league.

We actually play our kids more then most teams.

And....trying to think of any way our 3 DP's are shit and not coming up with an answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a loan to Colorado would make a lot of sense for Fraser - the Rapids are one of the few teams that do inter-league loans, they're short on midfielders right now (and I honestly think our boy would be an upgrade on Jack Price), plus there's already some familiarity there with Moor and of course the other guy named Fraser at head coach.

I agree with Liam that he needs to play. And I'd add that Okello needs to start seeing serious minutes as well this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michael Bradley: A Force For Good Or Evil Within TFC Culture - Discuss!

Oh joy, oh joy, let the fun begin...

Thanks OtG!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-11-2022 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, we all have our pet peeves regarding this team's roster.
    For some, fairly, it involves the MBradley question.
    IMHO, for a series of reasons, unless the situation devolves drastically...
    The reality is that his position does not get meaningfully addressed until the next summer or following winter's windows.
    The organization, yes his father!, views MBradley as the last on-field concern / piece of the puzzle for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely understand and respect your position.
    There are community members that share your perspective.
    I do no think Michael's overall metrics this year warrant the amount of ire he is getting.
    Okello has showed moments of potential. Still injured? Priso? Now gone. Others?
    I am not sure another or 'new' youth at his position this year would have served TFC better.
    I cannot argue that nepotism has not and is not occurring.
    My take is much, much, different on this matter than most; but that's on me and my quirks.
    For me, MBradley is half the eye in the storm of this TFC rebuild.
    The other half is Mr. Coca Cola (LT) and his / The Hand (MU).
    The situation is not one of father protecting son.
    It is one of son favouring and supporting father.
    None of this happens without Michael.
    For me, in 'Godfather' parlance, 'Manning's a pimp'; he is / will be the convenient cut-out.
    For me, every move, relating to this project, the on and off field direction of the team...
    Is being 'back-channeled or dinner-discussed' between the B's ad nauseam.
    For better or worse it is 'O Captain, My Captain!'.
    For now, I am ok with this.
    He was a big part of getting us to 'the shows' a few times.
    I believe, one way or another he helps get us there a few times again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to have his time reduced

It won't be

He is the focal point through which all attacks begin

That needs to stop

It won't be

His leadership style was very good - in 2012

He needs to step down from that approach

He won't

BB could stop this - he should stop this. He originally indicated that if necessary he would. Now is the time.

MB is by all accounts a good guy - he loves the city. This isn't about his character & commitment - its about his abilities.

At some point, the drop off will be noticeable enough within the team that things will become an issue. Its already noticeable enough to other teams as they press MB mercilessly.

Because MB is the focal point of passing & because he is the shielding DM, this adjustment, to me, is the most important move that needs to be made in the offseason.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

It won't be

That needs to stop

It won't be

He won't

BB could stop this - he should stop this. He originally indicated that if necessary he would. Now is the time.

MB is by all accounts a good guy - he loves the city. This isn't about his character & commitment - its about his abilities.

At some point, the drop off will be noticeable enough within the team that things will become an issue. Its already noticeable enough to other teams as they press MB mercilessly.

Because MB is the focal point of passing & because he is the shielding DM, this adjustment, to me, is the most important move that needs to be made in the offseason.
    I couldn’t agree more with this post, nothing and I mean nothing is more important then to get Michael Bradley off this roster, his stats as provided by some contributors are meaninglessness , he provides nothing in offence and is a defensive liability, Michaels play reminds me of a friend you invite to help you move but is not really lifting , just gritting his teeth as you your other friends struggle moving the refrigerator out the door.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I couldn’t agree more with this post, nothing and I mean nothing is more important then to get Michael Bradley off this roster
    Reducing time and getting MB off the roster are not at all the same thing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be

That needs to stop

It won't be

He won't

I couldn’t agree more with this post, nothing and I mean nothing is more important then to get Michael Bradley off this roster, his stats as provided by some contributors are meaninglessness , he provides nothing in offence and is a defensive liability, Michaels play reminds me of a friend you invite to help you move but is not really lifting , just gritting his teeth as you your other friends struggle moving the refrigerator out the door.

Couldn't agree more with you guys.

But alas, he'll be here next year, not only still playing regularly but still inexplicably wearing the armband as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, not a new message. Most people seem to agree with this utterly sane position.

I'm sure no one's stupid enough to look at a captain who has led us through two finals and had top-tier numbers still in several statistical areas last season and say he should be gone completely, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, not a new message. Most people seem to agree with this utterly sane position.

I'm sure no one's stupid enough to look at a captain who has led us through two finals and had top-tier numbers still in several statistical areas last season and say he should be gone completely, though.
    Like the kind of stupidity when “someone” posted this quote when the Berna-Hoilett debate was going on”one plays about a half professional level higher than the other, Hoilett had 12 goals in 84 premier league games and has 57 professionally, Berna has EIGHT career goals, Even Serie A fans who follow the league are commenting in this thread already that he’s renowned for producing nothing”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the kind of stupidity when “someone” posted this quote when the Berna-Hoilett debate was going on”one plays about a half professional level higher than the other, Hoilett had 12 goals in 84 premier league games and has 57 professionally, Berna has EIGHT career goals, Even Serie A fans who follow the league are commenting in this thread already that he’s renowned for producing nothing”
    Ok, it's time to let that rest. We are all very pleased that they were able to open up the DP for Bernadeschi (remember that at the time we did not have a DP available) and some (myself included) were saying that Hoilett would be a great Max Tam .... and to be honest he could have been pretty good as a back up/primary striker. But yes... we are happy Bernie is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact you were right and someone else was (sort of) wrong about a single player acquisition doesn’t make his every other intelligently articulated post invalid. And it certainly doesn’t make it less painful to hear your incessant “I told you so” posts.

I would have stopped reading this board a long time ago if not for the insights of people like jloome and, to be candid, you and Hala single handed my caused me to stop reading it for a few months.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    The fact you were right and someone else was (sort of) wrong about a single player acquisition doesn’t make his every other intelligently articulated post invalid. And it certainly doesn’t make it less painful to hear your incessant “I told you so” posts.

I would have stopped reading this board a long time ago if not for the insights of people like jloome and, to be candid, you and Hala single handed my caused me to stop reading it for a few months.
    Maybe Jloome shouldn’t call someone “stupid “ when we post that we want Michael Bradley gone, his on field play is not even a small reason I want him gone, moving Kemar Lawrence and still paying his wages is a Michael Bradley decision, no one else, bad chemistry occurs when you can’t trust the team captain , no one trusts Michael Bradley.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Jloome shouldn’t call someone “stupid “ when we post that we want Michael Bradley gone, his on field play is not even a small reason I want him gone, moving Kemar Lawrence and still paying his wages is a Michael Bradley decision, no one else, bad chemistry occurs when you can’t trust the team captain , no one trusts Michael Bradley.
    This belongs in the MB conspiracy thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    This belongs in the MB conspiracy thread
    I'm not sure why he thinks I'm referring to him. He's on ignore, so I don't see his posts except when someone else quotes them.

No, I was quite specific about it being a generality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully agreed. Everyone is walking around on eggshells with MB as captain but unfortunately with BB calling his performances (and I kid you not) "impressive" and compared him with any other midfielder in the league...he'll be playing all the time next year like this year.

As for Lawrence, like he said, he never spoke even once with BB before he was shipped off. And had been a model professional before BB came, and his manager this year said the same of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post

Please don't troll us with saying we "stopped" you somehow from reading here. To be candid, you said you had us on ignore.

PS Berna is looking like a star, so glad we have him. Silky smooth and works his butt off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give it a rest please. We get it. You want both Bradleys gone. The message is loud and clear. Over and out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm not sure why he thinks I'm referring to him. He's on ignore, so I don't see his posts except when someone else quotes them.

No, I was quite specific about it being a generality.

your view is subjective and is your own opinion- if others cant fathom that there are more than one view point or take it personal for not having the same views aligned as themselves it makes any forum a bit toxic.

we all have our own opinion, because someone doesnt see what others see over the past 3 to 4 years doesnt mean - there is a need to start a conspiracy thread(not needed) actually instigates this controversial topic even more.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion- everyone should be able to accept others views and opinion without getting personally offended.

No one is saying they know more about the game- or are more qualified to speak.

my views differ than a lot- some agree some dont.

If it bothers people that much-to debate other view points- there is a block or mute button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    your view is subjective and is your own opinion- if others cant fathom that there are more than one view point or take it personal for not having the same views aligned as themselves it makes any forum a bit toxic.

we all have our own opinion, because someone doesnt see what others see over the past 3 to 4 years doesnt mean - there is a need to start a conspiracy thread(not needed) actually instigates this controversial topic even more.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion- everyone should be able to accept others views and opinion without getting personally offended.

If it bothers people that much-to debate other view points- there is a block or mute button.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an interesting observation that Bradley has never been the same since the USMNT 2018 qualification fiasco. Bradley was never again an elite destroyer after 2018 CCL, and that coincdes pretty tightly to the time where he started facing the music over losing in Trinidad in October 2017.

It was brutal for a couple of years, he got booed in every US city every time he touched the ball. They still do it in Columbus. It didn’t affect Jozy as much, he revelled in being the monster.

There are USMNT supporters who believe to this day that MB and Jozy dumped that Trinidad game to avoid a trip for an intercontinental playoff to Sydney, which would have happened in the middle of the 2017 MLS playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

The question is, do they have any other opinion on anything other than the Bradleys? I have yet to see it (oh, except that Mr. Joey Saputo is a shining light of MLS ownership).

Seriously though, there is no "debate" when people are entrenched in positions and it gets extremely tiresome that every thread gets hijacked into a referendum on the Bradleys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an interesting observation that Bradley has never been the same since the USMNT 2018 qualification fiasco. Bradley was never again an elite destroyer after 2018 CCL, and that coincdes pretty tightly to the time where he started facing the music over losing in Trinidad in October 2017.

It was brutal for a couple of years. It didn’t affect Jozy as much, he revelled in being the monster.

There are USMNT supporters who believe to this day that MB and Jozy dumped that Trinidad game to avoid a trip for an intercontinental playoff to Sydney, which would have happened in the middle of the 2017 MLS playoffs.
    Thanks and for context, what you were responding to was my post in the other thread so I copied it here:

Well IMHO, he was never a technical player, at least not what I think is a technical player (ala Modric or Kova). For the Seria A time, for chievo played 35 games (1 goal), at Roma 41 games and had 2 goals and little to no assists either. Make no mistake though, was very happy when we got him. And I thought he was great for us and a big part of our success.

I don't say he wasn't great before, not sure where that comes from? He was a great captain also.

But to be fair also since we are looking back and you mentioned the USMT, the 2018 USMT disasterous failure to qualify for the WC was (in big part) due to him and Jozy not getting it done. And if you recall from post 2017 anytime we played outside of Toronto, they were mercilessly boo'ed everywhere we went due to that 2018 DNQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey as much as I want MB and BB gone now, I can't even imagine for a second they'd do this. Playing for one's country is the ultimate honour. Uruguay did a playoff vs like New Zealand, Peru as well, their guys didn't care where they went, they played.

I can't for a milli second think MB and JA would throw a game. US fans making that accusation are way off base. But I do get the boo'ing, losing to trinidad who I think was last place, had nothing to play for and I think the US just needed a draw was inexcusable with the players the US had...even a young Pulisic played in that game for them.