Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    It is very, very probable Michael is gone at the end of the season; by mutual termination with some sort of respectable remuneration send-off to a full buyout good-bye, so-long, kiss. Bob so much as intimated so, dancing around the subject of Michael retiring in a recent interview; Michael, his family, his sister's family will all join their father/mother in Norway.
    I think Michael sees Toronto as his home now. That's what I heard from a family member whose kids go to the same school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think Michael sees Toronto as his home now. That's what I heard from a family member whose kids go to the same school.
    Yeah, and hopefully we all remember most his very good years and the good ones too, as well as his intelligence as a TFC representative and captain. I’ve been watching Toronto sports for a long time and he’s been one of the few who not only speaks and carries himself with thoughtfulness but also really adores this town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Yeah, and hopefully we all remember most his very good years and the good ones too, as well as his intelligence as a TFC representative and captain. I’ve been watching Toronto sports for a long time and he’s been one of the few who not only speaks and carries himself with thoughtfulness but also really adores this town.
    Exactly why he deserves a proper retirement send off and standing ovation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    This…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should have retired already..is hurting us and bleeding us dry now. Retire, get a standing o and sit on the bench the remainder of the years.

Last game was shambolic lack of effort, no standing o for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not accept the premise that my relationship to a player or fondness for a player is based on either the last game or one game in particular.

Cheyrou was more then the one game, for example.

And...sometimes...he was crud. He remains a notable player in my mind for more then that one play.

MB has been a stalwart for this team both in capability & in leadership - it is time for him to retire - if given the chance, I will stand for his time with us - to not do so based on this season would be churlish.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Really end of an era. Gives me a reason to go to the last game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad they are pulling this together at the last minute under such a crappy backdrop but it’s the right thing to do.

Thanks for your service capitano!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club legend, and admired how he bled red for the club and his play during our glory years, but unfortunately his performance the last couple of years has drastically diminished. I'm sure he will stay on in the organization in some capacity, but this was a needed roster departure. We need a clean sweep of the roster and there were clearly some issues players had (I'm sure more than just the Italians) with concerns about his role as captain with his closeness to the coaching staff/management. Thanks for the memories and enjoy retirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club legend indeed. I'm sad to hear of this but at the same time happy that he's come to that realization. It's time.

He played the captain role to the T. No questions asked. Always there to face the music, and never acted like a prima Donna. It was always about the team and not him.

Thank you Michael for all that you have done. Without you, we would not have 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will never forget his debut performance against Seattle. He was literally everywhere and you could tell he was two levels better than anyone on that field apart from Defoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Will never forget his debut performance against Seattle. He was literally everywhere and you could tell he was two levels better than anyone on that field apart from Defoe.
    We got a glimpse of it last season, before he was injured again, in the 4-0 win over Charlotte, where he scored a nice goal and setup another. Everyone was clicking. It felt like the old days again.

It's clearly time, but they should retire his number. Club Legend.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Sad they are pulling this together at the last minute under such a crappy backdrop but it’s the right thing to do.

Thanks for your service capitano!
    I think he just decided, so it is what it is. It would be nice to do a presentation next year placing him on the wall. We shouldn't let his recent play overshadow the fact that he was a key player and captain in the 2017 treble.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think he just decided, so it is what it is. It would be nice to do a presentation next year placing him on the wall. We shouldn't let his recent play overshadow the fact that he was a key player and captain in the 2017 treble.
    Yeah, my bet is he knows at some level he can’t keep up like he used to. The Herdman conversation was probably a hard one too and probably outlined a role that respected his stature but was nowhere near the amount of minutes / prominence he had historically.

At least Herdman is getting people on the same page.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the supporters doing anything?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, he was the single most important person responsible for changing our culture for the better.

True captain and leader. Absolute club legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deserves a proper send off, regardless of this year- the dynamics with his dad and our performances atm.

Club legend, and like others said- brought forward the level of commitment a player should have; what some coaches say as “being a good pro”. No doubt his passion and motivation was a good contributor to how our team went from a 2016 mls cup unfortunate loss, to playing like men possessed in 2017.

Times change and players grow old, and it was definitely time. Couldn’t do anymore what became his niche- being an engine in the midfield with ability to cover ground and break up plays and move ball forward with sharp direct ball. Just too slow, not enough stamina and too much compromising on the team to get him into the lineup. the CB experiments just weren’t… positive either. Even behind the scenes I imagine management/herdman want a fresh group of voices and Influences and would prefer MB4 to not be at the top of the pyramid in the locker room dictating decisions and all that.

Just a bummer it’s a call that was made public with a single away game left to go. Hopefully they can rally a proper send off for him, and fans can detach from the current situation and give plaudits for the entire career and his impact
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 10-17-2023 at 02:54 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at many of the twitter comments, this bit of sarcasm is actually true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single home game left you mean, he will have a proper sendoff on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    Deserves a proper send off, regardless of this year- the dynamics with his dad and our performances atm.

Club legend, and like others said- brought forward the level of commitment a player should have; what some coaches say as “being a good pro”. No doubt his passion and motivation was a good contributor to how our team went from a 2016 mls cup unfortunate loss, to playing like men possessed in 2017.

Times change and players grow old, and it was definitely time. Couldn’t do anymore what became his niche- being an engine in the midfield with ability to cover ground and break up plays and move ball forward with sharp direct ball. Just too slow, not enough stamina and too much compromising on the team to get him into the lineup. the CB experiments just weren’t… positive either. Even behind the scenes I imagine management/herdman want a fresh group of voices and Influences and would prefer MB4 to not be at the top of the pyramid in the locker room dictating decisions and all that.

Just a bummer it’s a call that was made public with a single away game left to go. Hopefully they can rally a proper send off for him, and fans can detach from the current situation and give plaudits for the entire career and his impact

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving him a proper send off and thank you is literally the only reason I am going to the last game. Thank you for all you have done and enjoy the retirement Captain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you and goodbye to the best player in TFC history

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Molinaro's tweet today, Michael said he wants to get into coaching, but doesn't have anything lined up right now. Also said he and his family will be leaving Toronto. I can see him wanting to take a break. He is working on his coaching certificates so wonder if he heads to Norway next season if his dad is still there, hey the world is his oyster. Best of Luck to him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on Herdman's presser today, Herdman wanted MB to stay but MB wanted out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Per Molinaro's tweet today, Michael said he wants to get into coaching, but doesn't have anything lined up right now. Also said he and his family will be leaving Toronto. I can see him wanting to take a break. He is working on his coaching certificates so wonder if he heads to Norway next season if his dad is still there, hey the world is his oyster. Best of Luck to him.
    I believe he will be there, family in tow, beside his father, by the end of this month; next weekend’s match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Based on Herdman's presser today, Herdman wanted MB to stay but MB wanted out.
    Feels like the thing that is always said publicly. What was his quote before this was sorted? Sort of painted a different picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like he is upset about how his Dad was treated by certain people and that our brilliant management didn't bother to look into the quality of character of certain signings.

On TFC's 2023 season, he also talked about the importance of the quality of the person (not just quality of the player) to get things right: their character, their values, what they stand for.

"All to the details in terms of the quality of the people become so important"
    Hopefully he has it in him to throw a few grenades at our management & certain players after he is officially out. They all need to hear and bear it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MB's last presser - 48 minutes - not sure we will have a captain able to do that for a loooong time

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...ctober-20-2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Seems like he is upset about how his Dad was treated by certain people and that our brilliant management didn't bother to look into the quality of character of certain signings.

Hopefully he has it in him to throw a few grenades at our management & certain players after he is officially out. They all need to hear and bear it.
    He threw the grenades. This isn’t that hard.

The list of new players on the BB roster that Bob didn’t sign himself contains two names. Those two players were signed by the guy who fired BB.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-21-2023 at 07:13 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the presser now - he's not throwing grenades beyond something obvious that he indicated he said for years - "you have to get your people right".

&

He said that the firing of BB was the right move.

People are going to see in his words what they want - I encourage people to watch him on this one.