Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I still don't understand why we let Delgado go.
    I still don’t understand why we let Pozuelo go, it’s been almost a year we have had only two legit designated players signed, What’s up with that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I still don’t understand why we let Pozuelo go, it’s been almost a year we have had only two legit designated players signed, What’s up with that?
    To be fair putting Poz in that midfield wouldn't make it any faster or any better defensively. Would have been a waste of resources to re-sign him beyond his expiring contract and he also asked to go as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The majority of the dp budget was spent on Insigne, in what is now increasingly looking like another bad contract that will haunt the club for the next few years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    The majority of the dp budget was spent on Insigne, in what is now increasingly looking like another bad contract that will haunt the club for the next few years.
    Not that they would but they could buy him out still. If things don't turn around they have the means to cut & run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they've spent all the cap space on TAM guys. That's why Osorio is using a DP slot now. If
    Laryea leaves after his loan, then they'll Probably have space for one

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    To be fair putting Poz in that midfield wouldn't make it any faster or any better defensively. Would have been a waste of resources to re-sign him beyond his expiring contract and he also asked to go as well.
    I will take Poz in this midfield over Bradley all day long, not even arguable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Then I will just ignore TFC management when they say we are a big club , the majority of the big clubs in the league always have 3 DPs signed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I think they've spent all the cap space on TAM guys. That's why Osorio is using a DP slot now. If
    Laryea leaves after his loan, then they'll Probably have space for one
    Then Bob has done a piss poor job in constructing this roster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will take Poz in this midfield over Bradley all day long, not even arguable.
    I would not stick Poz in Michael Bradley's position. I like Poz, but he can't play that position.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I would not stick Poz in Michael Bradley's position. I like Poz, but he can't play that position.
    I will repeat not even arguable, team can set in a 4-4-2 with Servania MAK Oso and Poz and it’s light years better then having Michael occupying any one of those four spots

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can find better then MB for that position & Poz is not the answer (he's not exactly lighting it up in his 3 games this season so far - subbed 3 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    None of this is "shitting on MB." But the best generals know when it's time to step down, or at least when it's time to shift some responsibility to a lieutenant.
    I don't think MB knows how to do that.

I keep going back to what the Apple commentators said during the DC game. Apparently they'd talked to MB before the game, who said he "couldn't stand" the 'load management' concept and he intended on being able to start every game as long as possible and as long as his body is "in the shape that it needs to be." Also he apparently doesn't do massages

Obviously, this is just announcers paraphrasing him so not exactly hard evidence, but it paints a pretty damning picture of Michael being unable to even consider a middle ground between playing all the time and retiring. Dismissing the load management concept as someone in their mid-to-late thirties is frankly delusional, especially coming from someone with a reputation for being quite the opposite.

If anyone wants to listen for themselves, it's starts at 56:00 on the game clock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will repeat not even arguable, team can set in a 4-4-2 with Servania MAK Oso and Poz and it’s light years better then having Michael occupying any one of those four spots
    They play different positions. Pozuelo brings offense for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I don't think MB knows how to do that.

I keep going back to what the Apple commentators said during the DC game. Apparently they'd talked to MB before the game, who said he "couldn't stand" the 'load management' concept and he intended on being able to start every game as long as possible and as long as his body is "in the shape that it needs to be." Also he apparently doesn't do massages

Obviously, this is just announcers paraphrasing him so not exactly hard evidence, but it paints a pretty damning picture of Michael being unable to even consider a middle ground between playing all the time and retiring. Dismissing the load management concept as someone in their mid-to-late thirties is frankly delusional, especially coming from someone with a reputation for being quite the opposite.

If anyone wants to listen for themselves, it's starts at 56:00 on the game clock
    Wow, not surprising though.

Maybe he should watch the Kilbane video to see if his body is "in the shape it needs to be" as he gets left in the dust over and overr on goals or the first Charlotte goal the other night.......but he has $1.6M USD reasons to think he is an automatic starter...

The guy is delusional if he thinks he is untouchable and must or can play 90 effective minutes a game. The sad thing is, his dad thinks the same...which is why he never comes off.

I remember the one game vs NY last year when he had a give away and they scored...and BB had the audacity to publically blame Pozuelo for it...

My biggest worry is he extends after this year and we are stuck with more of this as he even regresses more....

The only way this stops is we make a clean break from Manning and BB....as I see no way MB doesn't play 90 unless he is injured.

We played some of our best football in 2019 when MB was out....but like someone mentioned, we shipped out 3 of the 4 midfielders from then....remove any competition for him and don't bring in quality competition and he then as a result he "must" play 90 according to coach daddy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think it’s right to go after MB for all this.

I have no problem with MB emphatically believing he should play 90, and all that. All elite athletes are like that.

If MB needs to sit, it's Bob that has the problem, and it's Bob that somebody should have the problem with, if Bob doesn’t see it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I have no problem with MB emphatically believing he should play 90, and all that. All elite athletes are like that.

If MB needs to sit, it's Bob that has the problem, and it's Bob that somebody should have the problem with, if Bob doesn’t see it.

I wouldn't expect a competitor to want to sit either. Its all on BB, and he won't sit him. He needs to do what is best for the team and have him on the bench with spot starts and when he does start, never more than 60 minutes.

I do have a problem with BB...he should be fired. (have said so in the BB thread).

Kilbane and De Guzman's video was a perfect illustration of what BB doesn't see somehow. I get he's his dad, but this isn't house league tim bit soccer. He has to put aside the father-son dynamic. But he can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to properly address the number 6 spot and give Bradley some actual proper competition there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Wow, not surprising though.

Maybe he should watch the Kilbane video to see if his body is "in the shape it needs to be" as he gets left in the dust over and overr on goals or the first Charlotte goal the other night.......but he has $1.6M USD reasons to think he is an automatic starter...

The guy is delusional if he thinks he is untouchable and must or can play 90 effective minutes a game. The sad thing is, his dad thinks the same...which is why he never comes off.

I remember the one game vs NY last year when he had a give away and they scored...and BB had the audacity to publically blame Pozuelo for it...

My biggest worry is he extends after this year and we are stuck with more of this as he even regresses more....

The only way this stops is we make a clean break from Manning and BB....as I see no way MB doesn't play 90 unless he is injured.

We played some of our best football in 2019 when MB was out....but like someone mentioned, we shipped out 3 of the 4 midfielders from then....remove any competition for him and don't bring in quality competition and he then as a result he "must" play 90 according to coach daddy.
    Great comment Hala, I too remember that comment by Bob blaming Poz when it was clear as day that Michael was at fault. This really has become a house league Tim bits scenario where the father will never take off his beloved son even when astute commentators like Kilbane have shown us with video evidence going back to last year. What a timely piece that was by TSN as Bradley was at fault on the first goal Saturday night, leaving his man unmarked, something he does countless time. Oh and one more shout out to you Hala , I went through this thread and noticed you were calling out Michael early last season, are you sure you are not Kevin Kilbane using Hala as a cover name LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great comment Hala, I too remember that comment by Bob blaming Poz when it was clear as day that Michael was at fault. This really has become a house league Tim bits scenario where the father will never take off his beloved son even when astute commentators like Kilbane have shown us with video evidence going back to last year. What a timely piece that was by TSN as Bradley was at fault on the first goal Saturday night, leaving his man unmarked, something he does countless time. Oh and one more shout out to you Hala , I went through this thread and noticed you were calling out Michael early last season, are you sure you are not Kevin Kilbane using Hala as a cover name LOL
    Who would you get to play that position realistically? In a trade or transfer (I'm kinda assuming we don't have the player in house).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like everyone's fear that we had when BB was named coach is now coming true. I was really hoping he would make MB accountable for his position and performance and BB would have some balls to do the right thing as a coach and put relationships aside but obviously not the case. I don't think we can be successful with the Bradleys if they keep things going the same. It is a real shame for the rest of the team including our DP's and newer players that seem to have a good attitude coming to TFC and want to be successful but now to be handicapped like this. It is sad. That is my two cents anyway.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We need to properly address the number 6 spot and give Bradley some actual proper competition there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Seems like everyone's fear that we had when BB was named coach is now coming true. I was really hoping he would make MB accountable for his position and performance and BB would have some balls to do the right thing as a coach and put relationships aside but obviously not the case. I don't think we can be successful with the Bradleys if they keep things going the same. It is a real shame for the rest of the team including our DP's and newer players that seem to have a good attitude coming to TFC and want to be successful but now to be handicapped like this. It is sad. That is my two cents anyway.
    The Generals time is coming to a close. It's regrettable that the Coach can't help him transition more into his next role. The state of the entire team is now making the Generals last lap a bigger negative spotlight then it should be. Without the injury absense of the leagues most expensive player, without the questions raised concerning nepotism, this would just be about a dedicated servant to a club easing to his retirement. Shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The Generals time is coming to a close. It's regrettable that the Coach can't help him transition more into his next role. The state of the entire team is now making the Generals last lap a bigger negative spotlight than it should be. Without the injury absense of the leagues most expensive player, without the questions raised concerning nepotism, this would just be about a dedicated servant to a club easing to his retirement. Shame.
    Great way to frame it. He deserves a graceful exit, even if he doesn’t appreciate it in the moment. You’d think his father would want that for him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The Generals time is coming to a close. It's regrettable that the Coach can't help him transition more into his next role. The state of the entire team is now making the Generals last lap a bigger negative spotlight then it should be. Without the injury absense of the leagues most expensive player, without the questions raised concerning nepotism, this would just be about a dedicated servant to a club easing to his retirement. Shame.
    Well said FYR.

The thing is, BB has a huge blind spot when looking at his son's play, and won't make the hard choices that are for the best of the team and his son in effect as well.

Like De Guzman said, this father-son situation is problematic. And making it worse, is having him as captain still. Just noone can say it...apart from Fede and Insigne without any repurcussions....and I have a feeling if the losing continues, they'll be calling for BBs head soon enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB does not have a huge blind spot. He has a deal.

The deal is:

”I will come to Toronto, as long as you give me TOTAL control.

And if you, the guy giving me that deal, doesn’t understand what having TOTAL control means vis a vis my son, that is on you, not me.”
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB does not have a huge blind spot. He has a deal.

The deal is:

”I will come to Toronto, as long as you give me TOTAL control.

And if you, the guy giving me that deal, doesn’t understand what having TOTAL control means vis a vis my son, that is on you, not me.”

Then in that case, Manning must be fired on the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we all are dreaming.

To be fair- MB hasnt been the same player since his ankle injury in the finals- instead of handicapping the team/city he loves so much- he should realize and do the honorable thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're 20 games under .500 since 2019 and have blown through tens of millions on DPs with no improvement in the standings. That he's survived this long really does not suggest MLSE pays any attention whatseover.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We're 20 games under .500 since 2019 and have blown through tens of millions on DPs with no improvement in the standings. That he's survived this long really does not suggest MLSE pays any attention whatseover.
    Nobody takes what TFC did in 2020-2021 as any indication of capability.

Covid provides a pass...like it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nobody takes what TFC did in 2020-2021 as any indication of capability.

Covid provides a pass...like it or not.
    To be fair, the best we have played in those years is 2020 when Michael Bradley was injured.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    we all are dreaming.

To be fair- MB hasnt been the same player since his ankle injury in the finals- instead of handicapping the team/city he loves so much- he should realize and do the honorable thing.
    Don’t hold your breath