View Poll Results: Who should be team captain?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steven Caldwell

113 75.33%
  • Michael Bradley

37 24.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ....But this city is fascinated by athletes that are more goonish than skillful. But heart alone will not win games, especially soccer games.

Ha ha!! This comment is coming from a guy named THA BUTCHA!!
    I think Tha Butcha may be confusing Caldwell with Terry Dunfield! Caldwell is probably the most skillful and experienced CB's we've ever had at the club.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    The the people that think Caldwell should be captain are the same type of people that think DARCY TUCKER is on the list on greatest maple leafs of all time. I don't have a word for it. But this city is fascinated by athletes that are more goonish than skillful. But heart alone will not win games, especially soccer games.
    It's comments like these, gross generalizations that lend nothing to the valid point you make above it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    This is one of the most assbackward references I've heard ever.
    Right?? If Tha Butcha had his way Messi, neymar, c ronaldo, ribery Etcetcetc should all be pissssssssed.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-18-2014 at 02:55 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for a captains role I think going with the best pure player on the pitch isn't always the best route. Its a character thing in the dressing room, its a leadership quality with core positions and interaction with up and coming players.

I rely on the coaching staff who work / play with these guys and see the characteristics that they value for our team to be the decider on who gets that role. I am fine with Caldwell retaining that role, but can understand if they think Bradley is the better fit.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Caldwell should be Captain.
    Bradley may be the better player, but that doesn't mean he should be captain. Not yet at least.

Bradley is unproven in this league - when he was here last, it was a different league.
    Give the guy a season or two to actually prove himself before heaving honours and leadership roles on him.

Caldwell is only here to transition the team - If all goes to plan, he'll be gone in a year or two having a younger replacement take over his spot. That's when Bradley - if he proves himself - should be considered for the captain role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. So we will all agree to disagree.

but let's make a bet: By the 10th game of this season Bradley will be captain of this team.

If I'm wrong I will by the moderators of this forum a beer at the following home game.

deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    Ok. So we will all agree to disagree.

but let's make a bet: By the 10th game of this season Bradley will be captain of this team.

If I'm wrong I will by the moderators of this forum a beer at the following home game.

deal?
    I'll take that bet because I know where to find you in 110 and you likely don't know who I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shakes hand*

ill make sure to come thirsty to this game. :?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Caldwell starts the season as captain, the only reason he wouldn't be captain come game 10 is because of injury or if he loses his place on the team. I have never seen a team change captains mid season just because the team isn't performing up to scratch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/0...l-march-4-2014

When asked about Bradley Caldwell says he's a future captain of the club. Doesn't have to mean this year but it's coming up