Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Who's in for a giant RPB road trip to Wilmington? Road Warriors.
    I'd be up for a trip. We've got to properly represent the MLS side in this deal, as well as support our good young talent and show that they're not forgotten.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    I'd be up for a trip. We've got to properly represent the MLS side in this deal, as well as support our good young talent and show that they're not forgotten.
    Start the car!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    USL announced that all games will be streamed for free on Youtube.
    Awesome! I'll be watching Wilmington for sure then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    Start the car!
    Welcome to our Port City friends. Really looking forward to this relationship.

We should look into one for sure. I think there would be more of a chance of people heading to Rochester for there away game. Should possibly work something out with Port City Firm to both go on the trip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rochester is right on the other side of Niagara, right?
    If thats the same Rochester Im thinking of, ill go. Who ever wants to join me, ill even drive (depending on the day of the week)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rochester is right on the other side of Niagara, right?
    If thats the same Rochester Im thinking of, ill go. Who ever wants to join me, ill even drive (depending on the day of the week)
    yes... 2 hour drive for me from burlington. I have been told that the night life is pretty good as well (college roommate is from rochester area).

It's a saturday game july 19th i believe, so a warm up for a montreal trip

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WELCOME to the TFC family, you (hopefully) missed a lot of the worst of the drama, I am sure there will still be plenty to keep you occupied though.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done. Who's starting the Road Trip to Rochester thread? We're gonna tear that league apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent a request to join the facebook group! I'm going to become a fan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in Wilmington (briefly) last October. Took some pics along Market St. I had no idea of the affiliation to Toronto. It is (was) a long drive from Toronto that's for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USLPRO Sat Jul 19 7:05 PM ET Wilmington at Rochester Sahlen's Stadium
    TFC is away @ Houston that night.

2.5hr drive from my place in Mississauga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    USLPRO Sat Jul 19 7:05 PM ET Wilmington at Rochester Sahlen's Stadium
    TFC is away @ Houston that night.

2.5hr drive from my place in Mississauga.
    Yes sir.

I could see a bunch of us making that trip down.

Count me in.

We are going to need some of the Port City Firm to teach us some of their chants.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do, Port City Firm.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Yohan; 02-09-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's alot of great info.... Thanks for reaching out!

R.E.D.P.A.T.C.H.B.O.Y.S.
    Last edited by FluSH; 02-09-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the Port City Firm from not only the Red Patch Boys, of which I am a member, but also from Ottawa's Bytown Boys Supporters Club of which I am also a member. This will be Ottawas first season in the NASL and so the BBSC are glad to touch base with any and all supporters groups in promoting "The Beautiful Game".

You guys in Wilmington may actually know one of our signings. Nicki Patterson signed with us from the Charleston Battery.

I was wondering ... is your supporters group part of the Independent Supporters Council?
    The BBSC are looking to join.

And do the USL teams take part in the US Open Cup competition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Welcome to the Port City Firm from not only the Red Patch Boys, of which I am a member, but also from Ottawa's Bytown Boys Supporters Club of which I am also a member. This will be Ottawas first season in the NASL and so the BBSC are glad to touch base with any and all supporters groups in promoting "The Beautiful Game".

You guys in Wilmington may actually know one of our signings. Nicki Patterson signed with us from the Charleston Battery.

I was wondering ... is your supporters group part of the Independent Supporters Council?
    The BBSC are looking to join.

And do the USL teams take part in the US Open Cup competition?
    Yes the USL teams are in the US open cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, this is exciting! If you guys make the trip to Rochester please keep us updated, I think the team would be really charmed and thankful for the support from everyone!!

Yes, we are in the USL Open Cup. I met Eric Wynalda a few years ago when his CalFC team thrashed us at home. It was a real high point.

Ah, Nicki Paterson! We had fun lambasting him when he came to Wilmington. (Charleston is our "friendly" rival, their fans are awesome.) He's a solid player though, enjoy him.

If anyone is considering coming down here for a match this summer, PLEASE let us know!! We'd be thrilled to have you and of course make your stay enjoyable with all of the finest beaches, barbeque, beer, and Hammerheads experience. You're welcome to tweet at me personally (@mufasa) for travel help and recommendations or join our Facebook group Dave posted in his intro post. We're a popular summertime tourist destination so I (and others I'm sure) are happy to help our fellow fans get down here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you get the chance go catch a game in Rochester, it's about just under a 3 hour drive from Toronto depending on where in the GTA you live. Rochester play in a 12 000 seat soccer specific stadium that was built for them about 6 to 7 years ago or maybe even further back than that. I use to go watch Rochester games at least a few times a year back in the late 90's early 2000's when Rochester was playing in the then A league where our own Toronto Lynx use to play. Back then Rochester played in a triple A minor league baseball stadium in downtown Rochester which was a brand new stadium back then, they use to pack it in getting crowds of over 12 to 13 000 a game which was more or less a sellout in that stadium. Because of the great attendances Rochester was getting they were able to get a soccer specific stadium built not too far from the baseball stadium. However, for whatever reason attendance fell a few years after they moved into their new soccer stadium and eventually Rochester moved a tier down to the present USL level they play at presently which is considered level 3 behind the NASL and MLS. I think Rochester now averages between 2 to 4 000 a game .

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    However, for whatever reason attendance fell a few years after they moved into their new soccer stadium and eventually Rochester moved a tier down to the present USL level they play at presently which is considered level 3 behind the NASL and MLS. I think Rochester now averages between 2 to 4 000 a game .
    This may have had something to do with it ...

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_Rhinos
    "In 2006 the Rhinos moved into the newly completed PAETEC Park, a 13,768-seat soccer-specific stadium. Construction at the stadium is ongoing and will, once completed, boost the capacity to approximately 20,000 seats."
    "The Rhinos were considered a candidate to be an expansion team at the MLS level when PAETEC Park was in the planning stages. The team was declared insolvent in 2008 after defaulting on their stadium agreement, and PAETEC Park was seized by the city of Rochester." "Average attendance in 2013 was 5,876".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks David, If I'm ever in the area I will take you up on the offer. Best of luck this year!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guessing that dream is dead, way too small of a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    This may have had something to do with it ...

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester_Rhinos
    "In 2006 the Rhinos moved into the newly completed PAETEC Park, a 13,768-seat soccer-specific stadium. Construction at the stadium is ongoing and will, once completed, boost the capacity to approximately 20,000 seats."
    "The Rhinos were considered a candidate to be an expansion team at the MLS level when PAETEC Park was in the planning stages. The team was declared insolvent in 2008 after defaulting on their stadium agreement, and PAETEC Park was seized by the city of Rochester." "Average attendance in 2013 was 5,876".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for anyone with kids, or is a big kid

Rochester has the museum of play, which from what I hear is quite interesting and unique. Can make a weekend out of it with the family.