Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC make the playoffs, next years ticket prices will sky rocket. Mark my words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    I anticipate ticket prices going up even with expansion.
    Ticket prices for renewals are going to go up from the bargain basement prices no matter what happens.

If things go so poorly that there is a need to freeze ticket prices again, ticket prices will be the least of their concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Argos are coming to BMO, this is a better option for the playing surface:
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...liant-stadium/

MLSE can afford it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr why would they want to go back to that shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol astro-turf. lets just paint some concrete

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    I can't wait for our ticket prices to increase so we can pay for a renovation that allows the Argos to use our stadium
    while waiting for this watching tfc at the skydome !
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People shouldn't be so quick to praise this. Do you really see sliding stands, hybrid grass, the removal and repainting of lines and adverts every other week and the increased use of the pitch to all get solved perfectly? I guess it's a good deal if you are the Argos. Just seems like a step back for football in this city but every will go along with it because we have all been bought off with shinny new signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was just looking for some footage of stadiums that share and so far i found this. Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Giants share John Smith's Stadium. I checked the schedules of both team and found a Rugby game that took place July 21st,2013 and then a Huddersfield Town game on July 24th,2013

Huddersfield Giants Game July 21st,2013

Huddersfield Town Game July 24th,2013

I know the HTAFC video could be a bit better but looking at the pitch it doesn't look that bad. Is it what we could expect from the Argos and TFC playing on the same pitch I don't know but i feel it should hold up. I also will be looking for more examples to see if i can find better or worse pitch situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banjax View Post
    Was just looking for some footage of stadiums that share and so far i found this. Huddersfield Town and Huddersfield Giants share John Smith's Stadium. I checked the schedules of both team and found a Rugby game that took place July 21st,2013 and then a Huddersfield Town game on July 24th,2013

Huddersfield Giants Game July 21st,2013

Huddersfield Town Game July 24th,2013

I know the HTAFC video could be a bit better but looking at the pitch it doesn't look that bad. Is it what we could expect from the Argos and TFC playing on the same pitch I don't know but i feel it should hold up. I also will be looking for more examples to see if i can find better or worse pitch situations.
    Here is the issue, neither game was played in the rain.

What happens if TFC plays in the Rain on Saturday, CFL a Thursday, and TFC on the Saturday again. If it rains during the first TFC and then the CFL game what does the Pitch look like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    People shouldn't be so quick to praise this. Do you really see sliding stands, hybrid grass, the removal and repainting of lines and adverts every other week and the increased use of the pitch to all get solved perfectly? I guess it's a good deal if you are the Argos. Just seems like a step back for football in this city but every will go along with it because we have all been bought off with shinny new signings.
    I agree, it's really amazing what can be clouded by a free shirt and a couple of beers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    errr why would they want to go back to that shit?
    TFC wouldn't, just the Argos. It's actually an interesting way to look at it - temporary turf on top of grass, rather than the other way around.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many BPL teams play very often at. This time of year. Between league games, FA Cup, and European competition, there will be times when the field will be used every week, sometimes with only a three days between games. This is also the time of year where the grass is dormant, there is no sunlight, and the rain is plentiful.

And yet, watching the game from Anfield the other night, the pitch appeared to be in pretty good condition. The same goes for other surfaces around England and across northern Europe at this time of year.

So I think there is some evidence to back up Tim L.'s claim that this surface will work.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

What happens if TFC plays in the Rain on Saturday, CFL a Thursday, and TFC on the Saturday again. If it rains during the first TFC and then the CFL game what does the Pitch look like.
    Thats the main thing i'm trying to find right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Enjoyed the interview, but I thought it was a bit disingenuous of TL to suggest that football played regularly on the pitch wouldn't be as adverse as rugby played on it would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

You know it does it does rain in England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    How does the pitch hold up with a footy/rugby ground share like Wigan has? There is a number of shared facilities in UK that are shared by the two sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundshare
    Rugby isn't as bad to the pitch as handegg is between the hash marks. All the action is in the middle of the pitch it's different pressure on the surface compared to Rugby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    You know it does it does rain in England.
    Yes it does, but I have not seen an example of this Hybrid turf in a situation were you get Lake Ontario style rains twice with a grid iron game being played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, whatever we think or want at this point doesn't matter much. It seems like its going to be a done deal one way or another so lets just hope they don't hold back and spend whatever it takes to make it the best possible for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this all very sad. Maybe it'll be OK, none of us really can say, but god this multi-purpose "it'll be perfect for every sport" prattle is exactly what Chuck Magwood said in every press conference about Skydome.

I see the beautiful soccer only stadiums in NY, Chicago, KC, Montreal, LA, so many others, all with roofs ... why can't that be us? Why do we have to choose between a half assed meccano set facsimile of a stadium, and a multi-sport frankenstein building.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    there is no sunlight.
    What? Is this some sort of stereotype? It's been pretty sunny this week in London and by February you start to see spring weather. And when it does rain it is more of a light drizzle. The rain rarely comes down as hard at it does in Toronto.

Once this this is done there is no going back. This the time to ask the questions and push back if you don't like what you hear and see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    ...In addition nobody mentions the season we're going to have to endure watching TFC play on the indoor/outdoor carpet at the Skydome.
    That's because the plan is to do BMO piecemeal. I'm a bit skeptical but that is the plan.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    What? Is this some sort of stereotype? It's been pretty sunny this week in London and by February you start to see spring weather. And when it does rain it is more of a light drizzle. The rain rarely comes down as hard at it does in Toronto.
    Nope...not a stereotype. In years past, English pitches would have been a mud bath by now, with the penalty area chewed up badly. The new hybrid fields allow games to take place where before they'd have been playing on mud and sand.

England is far enough north that the Sun doesnt get very high in the sky...setting shortly after 4pm in December, as well. Large portions of the field will be in permanent shade due to the high stands and roof lines.
    The UK Met Office figures show this *winter has already seen eight inches of rain in England, and is on track to be the wettest winter since records were kept. The average for December to February is nine inches.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Fine list BUT, how many stadiums on this list have American football being played in?
    Probably a lot of those have rugby matches that would do a bigger number on the pitch than CFL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's because the plan is to do BMO piecemeal. I'm a bit skeptical but that is the plan.
    I picture TL going through some sort of drive through when you say that.

"Hi I'd like one order of your southside expansion please"

"Would you like a roof with that"

"Yes, yes i would."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home from the Raptors game. Was lucky enough to have UNREAL seats. Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but at the game were all the GM's. And Tim B was sitting next to Tim Leiweke and talking the whole game (Nonis was just on his phone, Tannenbaum was glad handing. Ujiri was in the tunnel like normal).

Maybe there really is something too Tim L being a big soccer guy. Traditionally the GM of the Leafs would get that prime seat and be talking the ear off the president of MLSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a soccer guy, no maybe about it.

His first job was as an assistant GM for an indoor soccer team in St.Louis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what really needs to be answered is.. Will players sign here knowing that we have a hybrid pitch.. Seeing as it is almost everywhere in England, I don't think this will detract from us getting players that we want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will they be able to keep pointyball lines from fucking up the visual experience? Will they be able to guarantee the pitch quality holds up? Will they be able to guarantee short turnarounds won't lead to the stands being a hundred yards from the field?

People who say this is okay keep quoting Seattle and Houston. But those pitches look like shit, with yellowed-out football lines clearly visible. This is a terrible idea until they decisively prove otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I find this all very sad. Maybe it'll be OK, none of us really can say, but god this multi-purpose "it'll be perfect for every sport" prattle is exactly what Chuck Magwood said in every press conference about Skydome.

I see the beautiful soccer only stadiums in NY, Chicago, KC, Montreal, LA, so many others, all with roofs ... why can't that be us? Why do we have to choose between a half assed meccano set facsimile of a stadium, and a multi-sport frankenstein building.
    None of those buildings are soccer-only, but point taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole thing stinks.
    And it's funny that the supporter groups have said nothing official yet.
    I hope the official policy of NO Argos hasn't changed.

You will see the lines. ( there is no solution. You will see them)
    it not the playing of football on the field that destroys the pitch. It's all the players walking and standing on the sidelines that destroys one side on the pitch.

MLSE is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. It's not worth destroying the soccer experience for 6-7 extra dates.
    they can make money refurbishing the stadium without the Argos.