Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANKS for NEWS!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant wait to see Dike thrown in with 15-20 minutes and drive tired defence mad. Skill is always important, but the man is machine. you can only chase him down so many times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and there will be injuries, cup play, etc. I love that we have some depth now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    cant wait to see Dike thrown in with 15-20 minutes and drive tired defence mad. Skill is always important, but the man is machine. you can only chase him down so many times
    For his sake, he needs to be loaned out for the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Dike will work really well for us as a super sub. I understand he wants playing time, but so does every player on the team. It can't be our responsibility to loan him out so he can perform better at, or attend, the world cup. We need depth. We need competition for spots. Defoe or Gilardino are the stars up front, but if they hit a drought it's good that we can field a guy like Dike. Not sure how much faith I have in Weedman, etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I think Dike will work really well for us as a super sub. I understand he wants playing time, but so does every player on the team. It can't be our responsibility to loan him out so he can perform better at, or attend, the world cup. We need depth. We need competition for spots. Defoe or Gilardino are the stars up front, but if they hit a drought it's good that we can field a guy like Dike. Not sure how much faith I have in Weedman, etc.
    If Dike thinks TFC cock blocked his likely only chance at WC, he's going to be really unhappy. If TFC does him a favour and helps him get mins and he makes WC squad, you have a player who will forever be in gratitude.

Ask Messi how he felt about Guardiola let him play at Olympics, when it was better for Barca to not let him go.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Surely Dike must be an outside shot at best to make Nigeria's squad? Uche, Martins, Obinna and Ideye all ahead of him in the pecking order, and perhaps others too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need capable subs... Our first game in 100+ degree heat in Dallas etc etc, I doubt Dafoe will want to go 90 - get on the pitch, pop a couple, get off with 30-mins left...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    If Dike thinks TFC cock blocked his likely only chance at WC, he's going to be really unhappy. If TFC does him a favour and helps him get mins and he makes WC squad, you have a player who will forever be in gratitude.

Ask Messi how he felt about Guardiola let him play at Olympics, when it was better for Barca to not let him go.
    But I fail to see how this is really in our interest. We need backup strikers. Dike is our best 3rd option up front - not counting DeRo. It would be a serious mistake to loan him out IF we end up with either Gilberto or Defoe getting injured, or maybe just not performing. Our interest should trump Dike's desire to attend the WC.

And btw, Dike is MORE than welcome to try and win a spot on the team just like any other player. But we must ensure our depth is there or we could end up taking an unnecessary risk to make Dike happy.

Also, I should say, that if we loan him out and does well, then he might make the WC - and as a result will like TFC. But let's be honest here: he won't be happy when he returns to TFC only to find his butt on the bench. Then he'll be unhappy again. Any player that doesn't play is bound to become unhappy. No difference with any of our other players - all of whom want minutes.
    Last edited by Super; 01-29-2014 at 02:51 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    But I fail to see how this is really in our interest. We need backup strikers. Dike is our best 3rd option up front - not counting DeRo. It would be a serious mistake to loan him out IF we end up with either Gilberto or Defoe getting injured, or maybe just not performing. Our interest should trump Dike's desire to attend the WC.

And btw, Dike is MORE than welcome to try and win a spot on the team just like any other player. But we must ensure our depth is there or we could end up taking an unnecessary risk to make Dike happy.

Also, I should say, that if we loan him out and does well, then he might make the WC - and as a result will like TFC. But let's be honest here: he won't be happy when he returns to TFC only to find his butt on the bench. Then he'll be unhappy again. Any player that doesn't play is bound to become unhappy. No difference with any of our other players - all of whom want minutes.
    It's in TFC's interest, if TFC wants to be known as a team that will promote a player's interest. For a team like TFC that doesn't have a good rep in MLS, it's kinda important.
    So think of it as a short term loss for long term gain. And if Dike does well on his loan, plays in WC, and some Euro team willing to pay good transfer fee for Dike, TFC wins.

And I think DeRo will end up being used as 3rd striker. I think Nelsen will play flat 4-4-2, and DeRo has no place in that formation.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I think DeRo will end up being used as 3rd striker. I think Nelsen will play flat 4-4-2, and DeRo has no place in that formation.
    Could get some time at left mid. I'd start Osorio or Jackson there ahead of him but if we're down a goal late he might be the better option off the bench (although then we might just go 4-3-3 instead in that scenario).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in TFC's interest, if TFC wants to be known as a team that will promote a player's interest. For a team like TFC that doesn't have a good rep in MLS, it's kinda important.
    So think of it as a short term loss for long term gain. And if Dike does well on his loan, plays in WC, and some Euro team willing to pay good transfer fee for Dike, TFC wins.

We'll have to wait and see how Nelsen plans on using DeRo. Dike, however, I think would be fantastic as a super sub. Either Gilberto or Defoe has a tough match, and we bring him in. Also to take the load off of Gilberto+Defoe if needed. Dike comes on and bangs in a few goals, and voila, all of a sudden Gilberto and Defoe will have some real competition for their spots. That's a good thing too. They know Dike is waiting on the bench for his turn. Take him away, and we're left with DeRo, or any of our bench strikers. Nothing against DeRo as our third striker, but not sure still how Nelsen will use him.
    Last edited by Super; 01-29-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Could get some time at left mid. I'd start Osorio or Jackson there ahead of him but if we're down a goal late he might be the better option off the bench (although then we might just go 4-3-3 instead in that scenario).
    What luxury to have competition between such great players for the spots on our team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Surely Dike must be an outside shot at best to make Nigeria's squad? Uche, Martins, Obinna and Ideye all ahead of him in the pecking order, and perhaps others too.
    Eminike, I watched the African Cup of Nations and he is incredible.

Dike is MAYBE cracking the squad, but not even making the bench for games.

I think that giving him minutes here shouldn't be a problem, especially if we take V-cup and go to Champions League games.