Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those who recieved the free voucher, was it mailed to your billing address or to your season ticket shipping address?

I have yet to recieve mine.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably going to get the onyx this week - the sizes are ridiculous though. I must own at least 20 different kits, and at least one from every major brand. Every single other jersey I own is a large - it's like clockwork, I wouldn't even need to try it on or buy it in store. Last year I go and grab a large in the red kit only to realize it was actually made of spandex. Asked staff at Real Sports what the deal was, and he responded they are european sizes/fit. I laughed, and unzipped my sweater to show a premier league kit, in large. SO weird.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone NOT receive their voucher yet? Who did you call?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is this voucher you speak of?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called my ticket rep. They stated it would be mailed to me at the same address my tickets were shipped to. This was 10 days ago, and I have yet to recieve my voucher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    I called my ticket rep. They stated it would be mailed to me at the same address my tickets were shipped to. This was 10 days ago, and I have yet to recieve my voucher.
    I was told it would be before the end of the week last week, and the same again this week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    what is this voucher you speak of?
    Voucher is for Free Oynx Jersey for Season Seat Holders who Renewed their tickets before a certain date using their TFC BMO Mastercard.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    I was told it would be before the end of the week last week, and the same again this week.
    Well let's hope we get this week so we can pick up at BMO field on saturday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Called TFC today. Was told 1-2 weeks, and that they wouldn't be sitting by the mailbox waiting if they were me.
    I have a feeling this is being delayed due to limited supplied that is being held to be sold at BMO, prior to be given away for free.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Called TFC today. Was told 1-2 weeks, and that they wouldn't be sitting by the mailbox waiting if they were me.
    I have a feeling this is being delayed due to limited supplied that is being held to be sold at BMO, prior to be given away for free.
    Makes total business sense. They are hoping for big cash spending from the hype of the opener. I am sure the Defoe jerseys were already printed and now with him scoring two last week they hope people are going to be jumping on them. Why would they give away the free ones at that time...good thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called my ticket rep and they said they had an issue with printing out the vouchers. They said to wait 1-2 weeks. Sounds like BS to me.
    I asked at real sports if I was allowed to upgrade to the long sleeve jersey and pay the difference and they were ok with it. Likely to that since it seems like every game is cold anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An issue printing? Lol mine said they ran into a problem with the distributor and canada post lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Makes total business sense. They are hoping for big cash spending from the hype of the opener. I am sure the Defoe jerseys were already printed and now with him scoring two last week they hope people are going to be jumping on them. Why would they give away the free ones at that time...good thinking.
    I disagree.

BMO is the one paying for the jerseys, not MLSE

I would guess that MLSE gives the vouchers to BMO and BMO pays MLSE $xxx amount per voucher (obviously less than $130)

Thing is, the more people that are wearing the jersey, the more people will want the jersey, which drives more sales. What will drive sales even more? Manufactured scarcity. If the black jerseys start to become 'hard to come by' every time people who want one see one they are MUCH more likely to buy it.

My guess would be that they only have a limited supply and wouldn't be able to fill the vouchers for the black jerseys right now if they gave them all out. Canada post/printing is BS for sure although in fairness to the ticket reps, that is probably what they are told to say, even if they don't beleive it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The will be wearing the new black jerseys on Saturday as per a tweet from Real Sports.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    I disagree.

BMO is the one paying for the jerseys, not MLSE

I would guess that MLSE gives the vouchers to BMO and BMO pays MLSE $xxx amount per voucher (obviously less than $130)

Thing is, the more people that are wearing the jersey, the more people will want the jersey, which drives more sales. What will drive sales even more? Manufactured scarcity. If the black jerseys start to become 'hard to come by' every time people who want one see one they are MUCH more likely to buy it.

My guess would be that they only have a limited supply and wouldn't be able to fill the vouchers for the black jerseys right now if they gave them all out. Canada post/printing is BS for sure although in fairness to the ticket reps, that is probably what they are told to say, even if they don't beleive it.
    I don't think we disagree too much. I know BMO is paying for the jersey vouchers but my point is why allow all the people with vouchers to dry up the stock on a hyped gameday when they can be doing full priced cash sales that day. I just think the potential of those sales overshadows the need of having the jersey out there thus inspiring people to buy it. Just the fact that the team will be wearing the new kit would be all they need for inspiration in terms of sales. They may or may not have a limited supply...who knows on that one. I just think they would try to maximize the cash sales at full price and if it means delaying some vouchers strategically so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Jersey . . .

Quote Originally Posted by schiraldihno View Post
    I called my ticket rep and they said they had an issue with printing out the vouchers. They said to wait 1-2 weeks. Sounds like BS to me.
    I asked at real sports if I was allowed to upgrade to the long sleeve jersey and pay the difference and they were ok with it. Likely to that since it seems like every game is cold anyways.

We didn't receive the voucher from MLSE. The voucher was sent to us from BMO before we received the tix.
    In addition, Real Sports didn't object when we selected a long sleeve jersey.
    M&J

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys, got an update on non-receipt of vouchers.

Kirsten Ohanian who is the woman who I spoke to at MLSE about relocation is 'on the case' for me.

You can reach her at: 416.360.4625 x 5384

She will ask you to email her with your account number noting that you have not yet received the voucher.

My guess is that it is a hell of a task to track that kind of thing in those kinds of numbers so things get missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Ok guys, got an update on non-receipt of vouchers.

Kirsten Ohanian who is the woman who I spoke to at MLSE about relocation is 'on the case' for me.

You can reach her at: 416.360.4625 x 5384

She will ask you to email her with your account number noting that you have not yet received the voucher.

My guess is that it is a hell of a task to track that kind of thing in those kinds of numbers so things get missed.
    I just left a voice message with her and my account number. I wonder what the real issue is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I just left a voice message with her and my account number. I wonder what the real issue is.
    My money is on internal error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi is anyone still wait for there free Toronto fc free jersey. I emailed my ticket march 07 rep he said the voucher will be mailed separately and you should receive it in the mail within a couple of days. does anyone have Kirsten Ohanian email

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    did you get a call back

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called in awhile back and they told me the vouchers would be in the mail after the second home game. Just wait. I'm guessing this is a staggered sales practice. They know there would be a rush to buy them, why let us, who will get them regardless, get them immediately. It makes sense on their part to control inventory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it think it would be better if they email or hand out the vouchers or jersey at a bmo card party but that would be too much work to pull off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    did you get a call back
    Nope.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    it think it would be better if they email or hand out the vouchers or jersey at a bmo card party but that would be too much work to pull off
    What bmo card party?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not received a voucher yet. I'll give it some time though. They sent out conflicting messages last year as well but in the end they took care of things.

Bones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received a voucher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    What bmo card party?
    they should have had a pre-game party at the home opener for the season ticket holders that paid with the tfc bmo card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm selling my voucher, so if you were planning on buying the onyx jersey anyway, you can save yourself some money by grabbing the voucher from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    i'm selling my voucher, so if you were planning on buying the onyx jersey anyway, you can save yourself some money by grabbing the voucher from me.
    How much?