RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to say,but another good article from Kelly
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It hurts giving credit where it's due though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the expectations in the camp are high? I'm not sure from the headlines... the three of them as so different...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never been a huge fan of Kelly, mostly due to his negative, and sometimes cheap shot attitude towards the team. In fairness though, he wasn't always wrong, it just sucked seeing it in print and, at times, felt unnecessary.
    This article however, should be mandatory reading. A real look into our man TL and shows his ambition to make the team and by association, the league, a big player.
    You have to know that Garber, with his plan to be a top league soon, must love the way TL thinks and acts. That can't be bad for our relationship with the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested that Neil Davidson says he expects Laba to stay but doesn't have him in the projected starting lineup. Also shows us playing with Rey as the 3rd forward in a 4-3-3.

Anyone else and I'd simply consider this mistakes, but in this case I'm curious as to what he knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Never been a huge fan of Kelly, mostly due to his negative, and sometimes cheap shot attitude towards the team. In fairness though, he wasn't always wrong, it just sucked seeing it in print and, at times, felt unnecessary.
    This article however, should be mandatory reading. A real look into our man TL and shows his ambition to make the team and by association, the league, a big player.
    You have to know that Garber, with his plan to be a top league soon, must love the way TL thinks and acts. That can't be bad for our relationship with the league.
    I've never liked the attitude that he takes in a lot of his writing, it often comes across as smarmy and arrogant. Beyond that, I have a hard time forgiving him for inaccurate articles written about us (the Red Patch Boys) where he took rumour as fact and got on his soap box belittling and condemning us. He made no attempt to get his facts straight, he took a wildly inaccurate report by Gareth Wheeler at face value and starting spouting off from his high horse. He was completely wrong and used inaccurate information as a platform to drag our name through the mud. I'm still waiting for an apology.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the article by Kelly! Read it three times & did not want it to end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Kelly article gave a very interesting view of TL's MO. Tim appears to know how to use the "little touches" to great effect. He might actually make me a believer that he can turn around this franchise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I've never liked the attitude that he takes in a lot of his writing, it often comes across as smarmy and arrogant. Beyond that, I have a hard time forgiving him for inaccurate articles written about us (the Red Patch Boys) where he took rumour as fact and got on his soap box belittling and condemning us. He made no attempt to get his facts straight, he took a wildly inaccurate report by Gareth Wheeler at face value and starting spouting off from his high horse. He was completely wrong and used inaccurate information as a platform to drag our name through the mud. I'm still waiting for an apology.
    This.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Well the star did issue this:
    http://www.thestar.com/news/2009/04/...app=noRedirect
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I didn't see that, I guess it's something

He also wrote about things that happened in Columbus and the incident where the flares were thrown and burned the girl and the pitch. As side from those incidents, he's often mentioned the South end in a sneering and condescending way - often bring it up unnecessarily just to give himself an opportunity to make a snide comment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I think he's doing it on purpose just to piss us off because we have to give him credit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the need to make the move, but it's going to hurt a little seeing him in a different MLS jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    another? try first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is paying $300K...NYRB paying $150K of Ecks salary

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    TFC is paying $300K...NYRB paying $150K of Ecks salary
    Interesting. Source?

They might be saving the buyout for someone else......

EDIT: Please disregard. I got the update(s) in
    • TFC 2013-2014 Off-Season player moves/speculation/rumours/etc. thread
    Last edited by DOMIN8R; 01-26-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Answer Found