RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

including today.
    days
    'till
    Kick Off
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO. . . World Cup HAS to be awarded CONCACAF.
    Its a 3 horse Race.
    The Glorious Commonwealth Nation of CANADA
    USA
    Mexico

AM I wrong? AM I wrong? It really tied the football together did it not.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    SO. . . World Cup HAS to be awarded CONCACAF.
    Its a 3 horse Race.
    The Glorious Commonwealth Nation of CANADA
    USA
    Mexico

AM I wrong? AM I wrong? It really tied the football together did it not.

If that's true, then we have pretty good odds then as long as the government steps up with funding.

The other two have already hosted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    If that's true, then we have pretty good odds then as long as the government steps up with funding.

That's what I was thinking. The other two have hosted, so it has to be us, right? Right? hahahahaha For all of FIFA's talk about growing the game in new markets and all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40 years since Mexico hosted (86-26). That's a long time. We're still likely number 3 on that list of 3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    40 years since Mexico hosted (86-26). That's a long time. We're still likely number 3 on that list of 3.
    Have to think FIFA would want either of a UEFA or CONMEBOL nation to be the first ever to host the crown jewel of all their tournaments three times; can't see it going to Mexico in 2026, then.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@RobertEarnshaw:

Thank you to @torontofc for their kindness this past year.Ryan Nelsen wanted me to stay but certain things cannot be controlled...tbc

I'm excited for the next chapter and what will happen..I have to make big decisions and it's all good.

Good luck to @torontofc next season I will be coming back to see the progress.Glad to have met great people at the club.

Now I have to take some time to make some decisions where I play.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    @RobertEarnshaw:

Thank you to @torontofc for their kindness this past year.Ryan Nelsen wanted me to stay but certain things cannot be controlled...tbc

I'm excited for the next chapter and what will happen..I have to make big decisions and it's all good.

Good luck to @torontofc next season I will be coming back to see the progress.Glad to have met great people at the club.

Cool guy. I hope he comes back to the club one day in some capacity.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The only way a World Cup succeeds here is if it's downsized, and we all know that's not the direction FIFA is moving in.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@RobertEarnshaw:

We cant be shocked by this move, but was hoping we could find a way to make him part of the plan moving forward.
    God speed Super Rob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@RobertEarnshaw:

Whats really refreshing is the way guys are leaving the club now. 2 years ago there were no kind words from guys moving on.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    We cant be shocked by this move, but was hoping we could find a way to make him part of the plan moving forward.
    God speed Super Rob.
    I was hopeful we could find a way but not shocked by this. A classy guy who I will miss.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not shocked by this. Would have been a decent depth option but i imagine earnie wants regular first team football. Would be nice to see him stay in mls. All the best earnie!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unfortunate about Earnshaw - Class player IMO and would've been nice if he could stick around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

yeah, and Canada is going to build 10-12 World Cup calibre stadiums.

Pipe Dream.

The only way this could possibly work is a co-host setup with the US. I could see a two stadium development (one being BMO upgrade).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland and Quakes reserve players get the lucky chance to be coached by Preki!

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...greements.html

Lucky them, they get to run 300 laps around the pitch while Preki screams at them.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hopeful we could find a way but not shocked by this. A classy guy who I will miss.
    is there a "Goodbye Super Rob" thread?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Portland and Quakes reserve players get the lucky chance to be coached by Preki!

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...greements.html

Lucky them, they get to run 300 laps around the pitch while Preki screams at them.
    I find it strange that two MLS clubs (and regional rivals) would partner with the same USL Pro club...?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I find it strange that two MLS clubs (and regional rivals) would partner with the same USL Pro club...?
    its a compromise. Sac originally suppose to affiliate with Portland, but SJ challenged it on basis of 75 mile exclusive zone thing. So instead of a long bruhaha, they came to this compromise.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot see why Canada cannot host a World Cup Hell we have hosted 3 Olympic Games, Hopefully our infrastructure and our National program will improve in due time....