Thread: 2014 Success

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Honestly, I expect to not suck out of the gate, but not be great. I expect some mixed results. I think we'll hit our stride a few months in, possibly even after the WC.
    Agreed on this. I think we might struggle on the road start of the season, especially with some new players who aren't used to the major amount of travel involved in the MLS. I expect us to win some early games just on the enthusiasm of some new SSH's and some full stadiums chanting at their "new hero's". If we can keep mid table by the start of the world cup, I then expect us to kick on and start getting more points, especially on the road, from August on and we might then pick up enough points for the play offs.

Does anybody know if any MLS team has "improved" by more than 20 points between two seasons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Agreed on this. I think we might struggle on the road start of the season, especially with some new players who aren't used to the major amount of travel involved in the MLS. I expect us to win some early games just on the enthusiasm of some new SSH's and some full stadiums chanting at their "new hero's". If we can keep mid table by the start of the world cup, I then expect us to kick on and start getting more points, especially on the road, from August on and we might then pick up enough points for the play offs.

Does anybody know if any MLS team has "improved" by more than 20 points between two seasons?
    I think San Jose improved by 28 points the year they won the Supporters Shield from the previous year (from memory). That's a lot. (Ha, I was right. Pretty good memory. DC improved by 19 that year, Vancouver 15).
    Last edited by Canary10; 01-16-2014 at 04:38 PM.