Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spurs friendly, July 23rd & partnership agreement.

for those of you who missed this little tidbit from spurs in their official announcement:

Additionally, the Club can also announce that we shall play Toronto FC in the second game of our 2014 summer tour on July 23, in-between fixtures against Seattle Sounders on July 19 and Chicago Fire on July 26..

The transfer of Jermain to Toronto FC also sees the start of an Advertising Rights Agreement with club owners Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. which includes promotional, branding, experiential activities, advertising, broadcasting, social media and digital rights across the 4-year agreement and at all MLSE properties and media sites. MLSE will stock, promote and sell official THFC merchandise at all their retail outlets and support the THFC Official Canadian Supporter's Club.
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news...nto-fc-100114/

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a revealing article with news of the friendly as well as the marketing partnership. Does that mean Toronto gear will be available in the Tottenham area also? Probably not. I've been watching the Prem for years but never picked a "favourite" club (normally cheer for whoever the underdog is) but always liked Tottenham just because Hotspur is such a cool name... haha! Might have to pick up a shirt if our TFC discount gets extended to THFC merch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am always up for experiential activities.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not expecting much from this partnership. Colorado have/had something similar with Arsenal. I think there was one or two more as well.

I think they are mostly about the EPL team using the MLS team to generate interest in their team

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm not expecting much from this partnership. Colorado have/had something similar with Arsenal. I think there was one or two more as well.

I think they are mostly about the EPL team using the MLS team to generate interest in their team

Are you saying that everyone in Utah DOESN'T follow Madrid in the offseason?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May we destroy them in the summer. Only to get the Arsenal fans singing you got beat by the worst team in the world.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... have they mentioned if this is a mandatory friendly or do people get to buy this friendly additional to seasons tix?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will make 8 games for July.

Not going to be easy, especially as we will be losing Defoe and Bradley for the WC and then having them come back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait. The last time Spurs came I watched them at Red Bull Arena and had a blast. Got my picture taken with Kyle Walker (I was a right back when I played). If anyone at TFC is listening, do what the Red Bulls did: give SSHs who buy tix to the game exclusive access to the Spurs practice with an autograph session to follow. Red Bulls ticket holders who got Bale's autograph that day sure weren't complaining about friendlies.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That will make 8 games for July.

Not going to be easy, especially as we will be losing Defoe and Bradley for the WC and then having them come back in.
    It just means the academy kids get a chance to play, like Hamilton and a couple of others
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    May we destroy them in the summer. Only to get the Arsenal fans singing you got beat by the worst team in the world.
    Sorry if I offend anyone on here but I HATE Spurs (I'm a Gooner). Nothing would make me happier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So... have they mentioned if this is a mandatory friendly or do people get to buy this friendly additional to seasons tix?
    It would be a real show of good faith from the FO to throw that friendly in for free for SSH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww @ Spurs. BTW: Don't San Jose already have a partnership deal with Spurs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If playing friendlies is the price to pay for getting top players... I can get used to it.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, we played Roma and got Bradley.

We will play Tottenham and we get Defoe.

Can we play Barcelona or Bayern, please?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I can't wait. The last time Spurs came I watched them at Red Bull Arena and had a blast. Got my picture taken with Kyle Walker (I was a right back when I played). If anyone at TFC is listening, do what the Red Bulls did: give SSHs who buy tix to the game exclusive access to the Spurs practice with an autograph session to follow. Red Bulls ticket holders who got Bale's autograph that day sure weren't complaining about friendlies.
    Funny thing is that in 2012 I attended the LFC Spurs friendly in Baltimore, oh what a hot day it was, with a number of the Scouse council and was also attended DC United PSG friendly later in the evening over at RFK. When I shot over to the Amtrak station a few minutes in, the Spurs filed in to board their train for New York. They all walked throughout the station, signing autographs and taking pics. It was pretty cool.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Funny thing is that in 2012 I attended the LFC Spurs friendly in Baltimore, oh what a hot day it was, with a number of the Scouse council and was also attended DC United PSG friendly later in the evening over at RFK. When I shot over to the Amtrak station a few minutes in, the Spurs filed in to board their train for New York. They all walked throughout the station, signing autographs and taking pics. It was pretty cool.
    That's cool. I met an Irish guy who was following Spurs throughout that tour and went to that game as well. I remember it being very hot in NY as well. I literally got within inches of Bale at that autograph session (which I wasn't supposed to be in as I wasn't a Red Bulls SSH, but their front office guy and I chatted and let me in hearing I'd travelled from TO). For most being near Gareth Bale probably means nothing, but I was a 38 year old child that day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's cool. I met an Irish guy who was following Spurs throughout that tour and went to that game as well. I remember it being very hot in NY as well. I literally got within inches of Bale at that autograph session (which I wasn't supposed to be in as I wasn't a Red Bulls SSH, but their front office guy and I chatted and let me in hearing I'd travelled from TO). For most being near Gareth Bale probably means nothing, but I was a 38 year old child that day.
    Thats cool, Gareth signed my match ticket in the station, funny thing was it took a bit for some to clue in to who all these guys were in blue and white track suits.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody else get the feeling MLSE are working on buying a EPL club soon as one comes available?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    anybody else get the feeling MLSE are working on buying a EPL club soon as one comes available?
    I think MLSE was considering buying the Spurs at one point couple of years ago?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a real show of good faith from the FO to throw that friendly in for free for SSH's.
    Don't want it. If they force it I'll go with a banner telling them so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Not until there's revenue-sharing and a salary cap....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    So, we played Roma and got Bradley.

We will play Tottenham and we get Defoe.

Can we play Barcelona or Bayern, please?
    Awesome, that's gold. I second that thought!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stan Kroenke owns the Rapids and has a 67% share of Arsenal.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They pull off this kind of off season, don't raise prices and you want a show of good faith?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It bothers me that Tottenham merch will be sold at BMO Field, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be livid. If we made this same type of deal with Man U I'd straight up stop going to games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oblio is literally losing his shit righ tnow I bet.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke to a Real Sports employee this morning and its my understanding that Spurs stuff will be sold for the time of the Spurs friendly only-Like the Roma game....and anyway, who cares. F-Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Oblio is literally losing his shit righ tnow I bet.
    This day has been unreal.
    I am in a daze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    I spoke to a Real Sports employee this morning and its my understanding that Spurs stuff will be sold for the time of the Spurs friendly only-Like the Roma game....and anyway, who cares. F-Arsenal.
    The press release didn't make it sound like that:

"Tottenham and Toronto FC said MLSE will stock, promote and sell official Spurs merchandise at all its retail outlets and support the THFC Official Canadian Supporter's Club."

To me that says that Spurs stuff will be sold every where TFC stuff as sold, and our team will officially be supporting Tottenham's Canadian supporter's club.

I have nothing at all against Spurs, but I don't like the idea of TFC aligning itself with another team. It alienates some fans and I don't like the optics of it. Imagine if this deal was with Arsenal, how would you feeling walking into your home ground and seeing that cannon plastered everywhere?