Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi...

"Alright folks... Now it's our turn to step up!

we can't be crying foul all this time and not show up to the Home Opener - PROPER

Members... Check out the banner section... Now.

We need people, we need banner ideas, we need banner painting days, and we need $$$

There will only be one day that DeFoe & DeRo premier at BMO.... We either make this day into the History books for our club or make it just another day that we showed up to watch a game. I'm going with the former... Get into the section banner section with your contact info and all... When we mobilize ourselves to paint we want to do this en masse on the double."
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The team has buzz again. That's pretty fucking awesome.
    Buzz graph agrees... http://www.google.com/trends/explore...03-m&cmpt=date

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say I'm pretty damn excited to see how this team looks on the field, it might just mean I'll have to move back to Ontario!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've seen the forum in this good a mood since season one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    winning playoffs isnt even that important to me

I want TFC to bring champions league trophy to Canada!
    Ya, I would take that over MLS Cup any day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Ya, I would take that over MLS Cup any day.
    I mean, if we have a realistic chance at it, sure - otherwise I'd much prefer to focus on the MLS Cup. CCL is a much taller order in the later stages.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Gotta say I'm pretty damn excited to see how this team looks on the field, it might just mean I'll have to move back to Ontario!
    We will be missing you Jeffro! But from some of the pics I've seen you're in Paradise!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't even going to keep my seasons as of a couple months ago, but now as the season get closer, I am excited with these signings, I cant wait!!! I hope to make it out to most, if not all the games again, last year was a shit show that I usually couldn't be bothered to mission to Toronto and pay the Go train fee to see another brutal performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have our very own Toronto Postal Service.

Bez and L delivered.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDermody View Post
    I think that there is such a positive attitude coming from around the club...never have I entered a season with so much optimism. TL may have brought in enough to build a winner (or at least a winning record) Imagine a playoff game at BMO....it would be absolutely electric. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but after so many seasons of pain as a TFC (and Newcastle United) supporter...what say we get a little carried away?
    worded perfectly.....and damn Newcastle are enjoyable and not quitters, of course Mr. Carver must be overjoyed about us as well . He is true class and a fan of the team......win or lose pure enjoyment this season !!!
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think winning Canadian Championship , then eventually playing a Mexican team some day with this team......sure why not give it a go..
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say I'm happy I didn't give up my seats when I have considered it the last couple of years. I think I went to 3 games last year; I won't miss 3 this year! For the way we woke this league up in '07, I don't think we deserved to wait 7 years to be rewarded. Alas, it looks like our time has come. Still, for me at least, it's going to take more than one MLS cup for me to forgive MLSE for taking us for granted. Us being RPB, U-Sector et al.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hey Cuch. Welcome back!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Hi...

"Alright folks... Now it's our turn to step up!

we can't be crying foul all this time and not show up to the Home Opener - PROPER

Members... Check out the banner section... Now.

We need people, we need banner ideas, we need banner painting days, and we need $$$

There will only be one day that DeFoe & DeRo premier at BMO.... We either make this day into the History books for our club or make it just another day that we showed up to watch a game. I'm going with the former... Get into the section banner section with your contact info and all... When we mobilize ourselves to paint we want to do this en masse on the double."
    I will be updating teams on some stuff tomorrow but this....we need to make a statement.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I booked round trip VIA Rail tickets and two nights at a downtown Toronto hotel for the weekend of the home opener against DC United.

All I need now is one measely ticket in the supporters section - preferably in 112 - and I'll be there.

Anyone help a brother out?
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was disappointed our opener wasn't in Montreal again. Last year we had a great following travel to Montreal. This year if our opener was in Montreal we would have doubled our support and painted that city Red!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the spirit of enjoying today before we get back to discussing the team's real issues and prospects, feel free to go to Big Soccer and lap up some of the financial envy.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oranje boven View Post
    I was disappointed our opener wasn't in Montreal again. Last year we had a great following travel to Montreal. This year if our opener was in Montreal we would have doubled our support and painted that city Red!
    I can't wait to play those cocky bastards. I love the city, and try to spend time there whenever i can but man are they are such an annoying fanbase. Di Vaio and Co. won't know what hits them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like a little kid going to my first live match. I don't think I have any words for how I am going to be feeling on March 22nd - and I am taking my son Julien. I think we'll both be acting his age that day - 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if the home opener is going to be at BMO Field or the Sky Dome?????

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Anyone know if the home opener is going to be at BMO Field or the Sky Dome?????
    BMO field
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    BMO field
    hmmm, I wouldn't mind seeing a home opener at sky Dome again, might be able to get a big crowd if the buzz about the team is true. Not to mention with March weather it could be +15 or -5 and snow still. Well worst part is the wind to, wind can be bad anytime of year by the lake, but that time can be very cold and windy.

Oh well it is what it is , we need to support rain, wind, snow or sun, come on REDS!
    Last edited by james; 01-13-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    ^ Hey Cuch. Welcome back!
    Thanks Bro! Didn't really go anywhere but have been quiet for a couple of ....years. Looking forward to the this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

start the parade!

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, across all sports - has there ever been a bigger day in Toronto sports history, in terms of new signings?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like i should have cooked turkey today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seriously, across all sports - has there ever been a bigger day in Toronto sports history, in terms of new signings?
    This could be a Vince Carter level excitement/hype, I think that's all that is left to top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's a tough call. The Jays trade with the Marlins last year was huge at the time.

In terms of new signings though, today would rank as the biggest in my opinion, simply because of the wow factor. A former laughingstock of a second tier league pays record transfer fees to acquire players of the calibre of Defoe and Bradley from two legendary clubs in Tottenham and AS Roma.

Even after all the pomp and circumstance celebrating their arrival today, I'm still in shock. It probably won't sink in until I see them on the pitch in TFC kits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was actually going to mention the McGriff/Fernandez trade for Carter/Alomar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Marlins trade was different. A bunch of question mark guys on big contracts and, except for Reyes, everyone on short term deals. Although getting Reyes was no small thing, the fact that it was a trade diminished the signalling impact. Nobody had any choice in the matter.

The only thing I can think of that really is similar is the Jays signing Roger Clemens. Or maybe the Argos signing Rocket Ismail or Terry Metcalf (not many here will be old enough to know that last one, but boy was it massive at the time)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-13-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”