Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, John.

Still.. minimal damage to the pitch would be noticeable and certainly worse than "how it is, today," as he is often quoted; when he says they would only go through with these modifications if it improves the football (soccer) experience, it rather sounds like he means one element improving, to the detriment of another, when you examine it. Again, Houston, for example, doesn't have the same climate issues to cope with (colder temperatures making it more difficult for the pitch to recover); I just can't see how that doesn't, already, make this idea a no-go, if, indeed, he's/they're committed to grass -- what is, above all else, of the utmost importance.

I wonder if he's been specifically told that, despite the lines appearing to be washed away, from close up, you're still able to tell they were once there, from the subtle difference between the shades of green. I also wonder if he's aware that the removal process isn't particularly good for the grass, either.

I still feel that, even without any public money (of which there will be some), it still positions The Argos well, to make a push for BMO tenancy, especially following a Grey Cup hosted there. Do you know if he has specifically been asked that? If yes, his response to such a possibility would certainly pique my interest.

Again, it just seems like his responses are so generic, with, for me, what appear to be huge holes in the logistics of it all. I really do appreciate that you are making a little noise about this topic, though -- brilliant.
    Like Tim Told me, fans will be consulted before any final decision is made regarding expansion and modifications to BMO Field. So if you have concerns, be sure to raise them.

John

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    Like Tim Told me, fans will be consulted before any final decision is made regarding expansion and modifications to BMO Field. So if you have concerns, be sure to raise them.

John
    Getting the vibe like I might be beating a dead horse, here.. so, I'll lay off and extend my apologies; it must be, at times, frustrating to act as a messenger, taking some of the heat.

Grateful for your efforts, all the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Getting the vibe like I might be beating a dead horse, here.. so, I'll lay off and extend my apologies; it must be, at times, frustrating to act as a messenger, taking some of the heat.

Grateful for your efforts, all the same.
    No, I don't feel, you're beating a dead horse at all, and no need at all for you to apologize. It's all good.

Thanks for recognizing my efforts. I honestly often wonder if I'm making any kind of difference and if people even notice or value my work. So nice to see that some do.

John