Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 DP's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of how we got Bradley, I'm super pumped to see him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd have to be the most pessimistic/cynical beast in town to not get at least a little bit excited over everything that's going on with TFC these days.

New regime in place. New direction. Amazing new players + DPs.

It's been YEARS since I've felt this way about TFC. Year one feelings. Feeeeels!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laba is too talented to give to DC United and too young to be concerned about losing him for a year. If he can't stay a loan back to Argentinos Juniors makes sense? Because they might loan us a good depth player they could do without, to keep the bromance rolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Word is Bradley was still in contention until Roma signed another midfielder, at which time he became surplus to requirements and available.

At least two other teams in Italy wanted him, and one or two in the EPL.

His agent let the MLS know he's was available. The league let the teams know he was and asked who was interested. We were, Philly were, and maybe one other team. We were the only team willing to pay the kind of money it takes.

Ives said of Philly's approach something to the extent of "Philly's offer is like saying I'm interested in a Bugatti but only willing to pay for a Civic"
    Heard the KKKrew were interested as well... but their offer wasn't even close. Pretty much HALF of our offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Laba is too talented to give to DC United and too young to be concerned about losing him for a year. If he can't stay a loan back to Argentinos Juniors makes sense? Because they might loan us a good depth player they could do without, to keep the bromance rolling.

This would make more sense... and hopefully we could bring him back the following year.

Although above all else, I really think we need to find a way to keep Laba as well.
    It would make our MF complete, in a way Nelson wants.
    Destroyer + Box-to-Box.

I'm not losing all hope of Laba sticking around yet... if anyone can find a loophole to be able to keep him, it's Bez!
    Last edited by gdg_9; 01-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonder if the presence of NYCFC coming into the league but pressure on MLS to widen the DP rules. Surely they will max it out. But teams like Toronto, LA, NYCFC, Red Bulls, even maybe Orlando coming in idk, will want more DP's, more quality. Could even make a case for Portland.

Seems to me most of the tight purse string teams will either have to adapt or go down to mediocrity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Although above all else, I really think we need to find a way to keep Laba as well.
    It would make our MF complete, in a way Nelson wants.
    Destroyer + Box-to-Box.

I'm not losing all hope of Laba sticking around yet... if anyone can find a loophole to be able to keep him, it's Bez!
    Totally agree with you on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Totally agree with you on this.
    Not so sure. There's talk that just about every team in the league has made a bid for him. Be better to keep him, but maybe at the least we get a high first round pick and a quality player back, too.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If we can turn Laba into a starting central defender who is proven in our league, I'd be ok with that. It does hurt our depth at midfield, though, especially since Bradley is going to be gone for a guaranteed month (4 matches) if not more.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy