Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Their local brews are shit. Take it from someone that enjoys variety and please, save the sanctimonious big brand sentiment. Setting up a straw man isn't going to save Seattle beer.

haha, see it is easy to to start an argument over beer these days. Saying all Washington beers are shit is like saying all American beers are shit, which just isn't the case anymore. There is over 125 breweries in Washington, unless you live there I am sure you have tasted only a handful of breweries at best. I am sure there are good ones among the many Pale Ales as well. You go on hating all Washington beers without trying them all, I will enjoy drinking different beers as they come.

Anyways heading off topic here....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ( 2 of us ) are gonna drive down Friday evening from Burnaby, so if anyone needs to catch a ride down to Seattle, we will have room for 2-3. Returning on Sunday. If anyone is got a hotel lined up, let us know and we will try there as well. Stay downtown though; no drinking and driving.
    Do we have a sense of how many will come to Seattle ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone flying from Toronto to this? I'm giving it some consideration

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!

Just catching up with this thread. I was planning a post like this shortly, but here we are.
    I organized meetup and ticket info for supporters from BC and travelling from Toronto/Buffalo etc last year for the Vancouver opener. KidA gonna hold the reigns time around? My plan is to fly to vancouver and then drive down.

Thanks for reaching out to Sounders FO too.... to improve on last year we really need to get numbers firmed up so the ticket order can be *blocked off* and then we can just do the usual calling/ticket buying to fill in all the seats.

Other than that -- 2 things, from wherever you are travelling from:
    -- look for flight deals! hehe
    -- closer to the date we will decide on a meetup venue near the stadium and everyone can meet up there, seems to usually work well and makes it fun for all. Love meeting all of you from all over the west/east etc

Rollin!
    RPB has Obama'ed me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    I sent an email to Paul to discuss giving him final numbers and then each of us making a purchase for our set of tickets. I'll even ask about whether we can get the tickets in advance so we don't have to wait at Will Call to pick them up. We may not have the same numbers as Portland or Vancouver that will be attending but would love for us to be just as loud. I'll probably ask to see if they have a small banner policy.
    Excellent. I am fine with whatever works. I had sent them an email before I saw this thread and Paul replied today and asked me to work with you. I am ok with will call. And it's five (5) s.v.p. Should we reach out to the other supporters groups?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'm planning on going. Flying on the Friday and leaving the Tuesday after. Think I may drive to Portland and spend St Patricks there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'm planning on going. Flying on the Friday and leaving the Tuesday after. Think I may drive to Portland and spend St Patricks there
    Rene, Portland is a great town, alternative vibe, good bookstore, funky areas, wonderful fans, good beer and pubs. I took the train down one year from Seattle that was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    We ( 2 of us ) are gonna drive down Friday evening from Burnaby, so if anyone needs to catch a ride down to Seattle, we will have room for 2-3. Returning on Sunday. If anyone is got a hotel lined up, let us know and we will try there as well. Stay downtown though; no drinking and driving.
    Do we have a sense of how many will come to Seattle ???
    Might take you up on your ride down I was considering renting a car but it would be fun to go with a group, it can be a bit of a journey down if the border is busy. need to a) get the ticket b) get the flight c) get the hotel d) org the ride down

I like how this road trip is coming together.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably end up convincing myself to wander down from Van so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Not going to lie though, had zero inclination before Monday's events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    Rene, Portland is a great town, alternative vibe, good bookstore, funky areas, wonderful fans, good beer and pubs. I took the train down one year from Seattle that was fun.
    Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought about the train, I'll check it out save me renting a car

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done Seattle twice and couldn't find a decent beer. I'll pass this time.
    I finally noticed at the Canada Gold Cup game there last year that somewhere behind 205/206/207 if you walk a bit futher back towards the outside wall, there are some beer stands, and one has some interesting brews. But I'm fine with hoppy pale ales.

BTW, the thread from 2 years ago is at http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...attle-question They put away support in 104 last time, if I remember correctly. I won't be there this year unfortunately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChrisFizik,

I have no problem organizing this for people out on the west coast and those travelling from Toronto/Buffalo. And I think the best idea is that we have a firm number of tickets so that we can easily contact Sounders FO to make our individual purchases. If anyone has any other questions that you want me to ask the Sounders FO please post so that I may pass along the details.

Also: I'll be making the trek from Vancouver to Seattle on Saturday morning/afternoon and returning Sunday morning. I should have space for 1-2 more people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in going to this as well.. may be able to get a second person. Would be flying from Edmonton... would the price for tickets still be $32?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see someone taking charge of this. I'm in, need 5 tickets in total for (hopefully) some friends coming down with me from Van. If people are buying tickets already, I'll call or e-mail that ticket rep and lock down 5 in our section.

As for the Canadian Champo game in May at BC Place, I too was worried about a repeat of last year where the Toronto fans were scattered around, so I've been in touch with ticketing at Whitecaps so we can create a proper "away" section, even if it's 10-15 people. When I get home I can pull up the contact details but it's through Brooks Jamieson at the 'Caps. Last I heard, they weren't selling tix yet but he's receptive to my idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a heads up for people flying in day of the game.

I was talking with a couple people int he front office yesterday and I made the comment about the Seattle game time... Basically saying that I assume it will be moved into a primtime slot on the east coast. Her response was "nothing is done but your assumption will probably end up being correct".

League is going to pimp Bradley vs Dempsey as hard as they can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got solid interest from 3 .. possibly 5 now.. So once that is more confirmed I will email that ticket rep to try and reserve spots in the correct section.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I'm interested in going to this as well.. may be able to get a second person. Would be flying from Edmonton... would the price for tickets still be $32?
    The price for a ticket to the game would still be $32. The idea is that we will all be in the same section vs scattered throughout the stadium.

As for the purchase of tickets: nothing has been purchased yet as we are still trying to get some firm numbers on the turn out. Once we have final numbers I can send details to our contact at Sounders FO so that each person may purchase their set of tickets directly. We still have a bit of time before the ticket rep needs final numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KidA are you the one working on setting up everything with Paul Bonnie? I'll keep you in the loop with how many I will need.. and I should have those numbers for you by the end of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    Anyone flying from Toronto to this? I'm giving it some consideration
    I'm giving it some thought too, would fly out of pearson. Let me know if you find any cheap flights.

Any deadline on when we'd have to confirm by so that tickets can be organized accordingly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently working to set everything up with Paul Bonnie. He has asked that we have final numbers by February 20th. At this point I have been keeping track of everyone that has responded with interest to attend the game and will post a quick list later tonight. I am also trying to work with Paul to find a suitable method for payment. Once I hear back from him I will inform everyone here. If anyone has any contacts with the other supporter sections, please let them know as I'm sure it would be great to have as many of us together as possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Their local brews are shit. Take it from someone that enjoys variety and please, save the sanctimonious big brand sentiment. Setting up a straw man isn't going to save Seattle beer.
    Lol...it's been quite a few years since I've last been to the Pacific Northwest, but I'd trust Portland beers over Seattle's anyday. From what I've heard anyway. One of these seasons, I'll make it out for a roadtrip. Not this one, sadly.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 01-14-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder01 View Post
    I'm giving it some thought too, would fly out of pearson. Let me know if you find any cheap flights.

Any deadline on when we'd have to confirm by so that tickets can be organized accordingly?
    Pearson to Seattle with one connection is around $700 return. Out of Buffalo and the price is halved. I'll hunt around a little more, still need to get the time off work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Just a heads up for people flying in day of the game.

I was talking with a couple people int he front office yesterday and I made the comment about the Seattle game time... Basically saying that I assume it will be moved into a primtime slot on the east coast. Her response was "nothing is done but your assumption will probably end up being correct".

League is going to pimp Bradley vs Dempsey as hard as they can
    Yes, I could easily see them moving the game time to accommodate an eastern Tv viewers. One thing to consider when flying in is that from the airport you can take public transit downtown (45 min. bus) For those driving down leave fairly early, I left at 11am from Vancouver and it was a huge rush to get to the hotel, drop the bags, get the scarf on and get to a pub for some drinks and super. The line up for customs on Saturday can be long and slow.I think we rolled into downtown Seattle at 4:45.

The Beer debate:I found that there was some decent beer at the game, not too hoppy and certainly not the usual swill that you get in these large venues, costly coors light etc.

Thanks Kid A for handling the org side of things, first drink is on me. Feb 20 is good although I wouldn't mind getting a ticket well before that time in order to organize the rest of the trip.

Regarding drinks, can anyone recomend a decent pre-game pub that has good food, brews etc in the pioneer square area? I am trying to remember where I went before it was pretty good. Lots of friendly banter from the sounders types.
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 01-15-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with TFCwestcan.. thanks for doing this KidA. I as well would be fine with getting tickets earlier as my group would want to book flights by the end of the week. Cheers! Really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will there be any group ticket purchases for the Columbus game apr 5? not sure if this has happened since the incidents of year 2/3 i believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking into going... Flying out of Buffalo
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ 2 tix for me please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started a thread in the members' section for away trips with no replies...glad to find this!
    I am mos-def going to this game and need a pair of tix if someone is organizing that.
    Flights out of Buffalo can be done at 400-500 return Friday to Monday.
    Thanks for the info on the group sales!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update for everyone that's interested. This is who I have so far:

User name Name No. of Tickets
    KidA 2
    dow117 2
    MightyDM 5
    ndtoronto 1
    TFCwestcan 1
    ChrisFizik
    barticusz 3 possibly 5
    themodelcitizen 5
    dunkers 2
    Stugatzo 2

Please let me know if I have missed anyone or your number has changed. I will be keeping a running tally. I will be sending Paul an email to clear more up about how we will be purchasing and receiving the tickets. I have left room in my running tally for real names as I'm sure everyone's email address does not line up with their board user name.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of you going to Seattle... well done.
    That's hardcore... so far to go for a game!
    Wish I could join.