Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just home from the game-Victoria

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthre...-FC-15-03-2014

is a link to watch/download the game

I've been soaking this in all day

Thanks to all in 203! I'll do a proper write up tomorrow. For now I just just want to rewatch the game to see us!

Flags Up Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a day!! All in 203 were in full voice and I've lost mine mostly.
    The team gave us extended props! Fantastic atmosphere and I second the comment on the home fans. We had many ppl thank us for coming before and after the game. Pyramid put up with us chanting so props to them as well!
    Seattle is also a cool town. Mos-def worth the trip!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, Seattle is a great place to visit for a road trip. Now go get some photos of the space needle and the fish tosses down at the market.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Stu and crew... When they showed u on the tube, chanting with your arms out... it gave us all a fresh breadth of air...rejuvinated us!
    And All of Joe's timed our chanting with yours. Well done, lads!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best part was the tsn cutting to the broadcast started with all the flounders fans flipping you guys the bird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done to the lot of ya. Amazing seeing the group on TV and Joes just losing there shit.

Job well done lads, were all proud of ya. Must have been amazing to see all of that live.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see the support make it out to Seattle, amazing to see, you guys were loud and proud in every way. What a great trip to make.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone that made it out to Seattle. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome!! Can't wait to see video of the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good meeting everyone in Seattle. Good fun at Pyramid pre/post game. What a fantastic start to the season. If you have the TSN version of the game pvr'd - watch for me, Duncan, and Rico (legendary hair) in the very opening sequence...good close up!

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all for the "best" Seattle road trip ever. I left my RPB flag on the wall at post game drink in Pyramid .. Did anyone rescue it ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great screenshots. Can see my face in one! Here's a vid of us all waiting to be "let out" of 203:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWfrvqosmnQ

Epic game, great day out in Seattle. From the obligatory David Miller selfies at the pre-game (he was in 203 with us as well) to ruining the Sounders fans' day. Nice meeting everyone, hope to see you most of you again for the Vancouver game! Get in here and let's starting talking pre-game: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-Voyageurs-Cup
    Last edited by themodelcitizen; 03-17-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto to everything said above. I find myself back at work today tired, dehydrated and without a voice (and missing the opportunity to go to BMO regularly). Great to see some familiar faces from the West coast crew. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Edited to add: Thanks to KidA for the organization.
    Last edited by MarkInVictoria; 03-17-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    Thanks to all for the "best" Seattle road trip ever. I left my RPB flag on the wall at post game drink in Pyramid .. Did anyone rescue it ??
    I remember seeing it up there but do not remember if anyone grabbed it. Did you get a chance to rescue it ChrisF??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got time to kill before my flight back to Toronto tonight. I'll head down to Pyramid and see if it was left there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it does not show up, we will work on getting you another one.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkInVictoria View Post
    Ditto to everything said above. I find myself back at work today tired, dehydrated and without a voice (and missing the opportunity to go to BMO regularly). Great to see some familiar faces from the West coast crew. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Edited to add: Thanks to KidA for the organization.

Hey Mark I echo your comments exactly, back late last night on a delayed flight but most happy with the trip, I loved how quiet the Seattle supporters section got at one point, like they were amazed that they were losing to TFC. That said, some fans were class and thanked us for travelling. Good to meet the gang, props to the toronto contingent for travelling out. Man it was good to win. For those not at the game Defoe and Bradley were among the first to acknowledge the travelling supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for organizing the trip! I had a great time at the game and it was an awesome experience for a transplanted Torontonian to chant with the TFC supporters again! Hope you all had a fantastic trip home!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If it's doable, I will be definitely making a trip to the Pacific Northwest for a game next season (Portland or Seattle....or heck, Vancouver, for that matter). You guys were awesome. Way to represent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing day. Like others, my voice was gone, but so worth it. What a game... Won't forget it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    If it does not show up, we will work on getting you another one.
    Thanks. I 'll need it for our win in Vancouver on May 14th !!! Hope to see many at this one as well !! BTW, David Miller kept referring to me as "old timer " .... WTF !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a trip. Great city, and great travelling support. Just saw me on TV, I looked pretty drunk haha

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I made sure to grab it man! PM your mailing address and I'll get it back to you safe n sound.

Back 'east' on the ground after a successful weekend. Thanks to all that worked hard to make it a good day for everyone. Thanks for all the support on the 'stand', Essex Reds kru, MarkinVictoria, Maurauder for filling in on chants while my voice slowly disappeared haha.... Other than the poles getting denied (full credit to ndtoronto for all his fantastic efforts, I know he had a good time regardless haha, and our alternative display was pretty good), all sorts of things came together from the meetup at pub, Mayor Miller joining in, to the post pub celebrations and well, yeah.... Big ups to KidA for the reigns. Great meeting many of you and hanging with the 'regulars' and the united front we put up was amazing despite being from west coast, east coast, seattle, portland whatever..... United for the Reds.

Pics to follow shortly
    RPB has Obama'ed me

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and for the record that clip everyone keeps showing of the pandemonium in the stands after a goal, with me on the edge *back* to the TV.....for good reason: leading chants, so...and I was digging out streamers from my bag which got launched shortly after! haha

Also, how about that helicopter crash in seattle today at base of the space needle? poor ppl who died. Crazy thing: my sister and I were parked in the mcdonalds getting shamrocks shakes not 15 feet from where the flaming wreckage came down just two days ago. Stopped me in my tracks when I saw it come on tv. haha
    RPB has Obama'ed me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just walked through the door, took me a bit longer because I spent a couple of days in Portland before heading back to Toronto. Can only repeat everything that's been said about what a great time it was at the game and what a fantastic group we had. Outnumbered 700 to 1? you wouldn't have known it!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I 'll need it for our win in Vancouver on May 14th !!! Hope to see many at this one as well !! BTW, David Miller kept referring to me as "old timer " .... WTF !!!
    I guess he has us confused.

I met Miller at Shoeless during the CCL Dallas away game, I think.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Of course I made sure to grab it man! PM your mailing address and I'll get it back to you safe n sound.

Back 'east' on the ground after a successful weekend. Thanks to all that worked hard to make it a good day for everyone. Thanks for all the support on the 'stand', Essex Reds kru, MarkinVictoria, Maurauder for filling in on chants while my voice slowly disappeared haha.... Other than the poles getting denied (full credit to ndtoronto for all his fantastic efforts, I know he had a good time regardless haha, and our alternative display was pretty good), all sorts of things came together from the meetup at pub, Mayor Miller joining in, to the post pub celebrations and well, yeah.... Big ups to KidA for the reigns. Great meeting many of you and hanging with the 'regulars' and the united front we put up was amazing despite being from west coast, east coast, seattle, portland whatever..... United for the Reds.

Pics to follow shortly
    In the picture posted above you can see me with my head in my hands. HAHA.

I think you've just given me a new supporter's group 'The Essex Reds Kru" Haha. The support was phenomenal, any time anyone is over from the West Coast and let me know, we'll have to have a few beers again.

As for the helicopter crash, my mate and I went up the Space Needle the day before, and commented on what a weird place it was to put a helipad next too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought I'd post this link that was part of the pre-game discussion ("chowder").

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/693...thout-laughing

I was reminded of this while watching CNN last night with all the talk of the Australian Prime Minister.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkInVictoria View Post
    I just thought I'd post this link that was part of the pre-game discussion ("chowder").

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/693...thout-laughing

I was reminded of this while watching CNN last night with all the talk of the Australian Prime Minister.
    That's it!! That's the one!! That's the one I was talking about!! Great find.

SAYY CHOOWWDDAAAA!!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default pics pt1

pics!! (had to get these sorted first before more epic ones from our home opener... man, it's been a week)

A bunch of the kru at the pub beforehand.... Of course, just shortly after the banner team left 5 minutes later, Mayor Miller showed up haha

First ones on the scene get the first beers!

All set ready to go

Vibes right from the get-go

It is kind of amazing what they get the entire stadium of Seattle fans to do......full clap/standing up for alot of the match.... 39000 or something?

Goal vibes. Magic.

Some maintenance work on our alternative flag display! Don't fall of that railing! haha

Success

Mark doing his best BGNewf impression.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

The Essex Reds kru can't hear Seattle sing...

A visit from the team, lead by a beaming Defoe.... good stuff

Yeah, our walk out from the stadium grounds, while peaceful, was a drunken one

Home or Away

Post-match celebrations at an accomodating Pyramid Pub.

Cheers everyone! We did it!

A good successful day. Glad so much worked out. Thanks again for all getting involved, from east to west, US to Canada....
    RPB has Obama'ed me