Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still not giving up on this... Trying to build a business case to the wife lol.... Where are the majority of ppl staying at?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndtoronto View Post
    Im still in for the game and looking forward to it. I was always going to go to the game by myself while my wife and 20 month old went to the Aquarium or some other things in Seattle.

They may not even be coming to Seattle so I could be a batchelor for the weekend! Now with not having to worry about getting a hotel close to the attractions they were going to go to, is there a consensus on the hotel we should be looking at?

I am booked at La Quinta Inn & suites, not in pioneer square but fairly close to the action, it had generally great reviews, offers parking which I need. You can book online and pay in CDN dollars.
    http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/prop....do?propId=436

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another TFC supporter (and still a STH) living in Victoria, BC who plans on heading down for the match. PM sent to Kid A.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MarkInVictoria - Got your PM, replied, and have you down for 2 tickets.
    Flush - Can't remember the name of the hotel but I ended up booking through hotwire since it gives you a better price than listed. Usually works out.
    Marauder01 - I'd be down for a good TIFO of sorts. Where are you located?? If you're in Vancouver or the area that shouldn't be a problem to work out together.
    TorontoGooner - I now have you down for 2 tickets. No need to worry about switching as we have until the 20th to give our final numbers.
    themodelcitizen - Got you down for 2. Again we have time so as long as we have the final number finalized by the 20th we are good.

Looking forward to meeting every one of you in person and ringing in the new season loudly!!! I may need to start training my voice now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking 'In Tims we Trust" but totally open to whatever.

I'm located in Toronto, arriving in Seattle the day before the game, probably not enough time to get something together.
    Maybe the keeper of the current banners would lend out the "road warriors" banner for the game.
    I'd like to have something in our section, its just a matter of what feasible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder01 View Post
    I was thinking 'In Tims we Trust" but totally open to whatever.

I'm located in Toronto, arriving in Seattle the day before the game, probably not enough time to get something together.
    Maybe the keeper of the current banners would lend out the "road warriors" banner for the game.
    I'd like to have something in our section, its just a matter of what feasible.

Even a large flag with a long pole would work, we had one like that when we went to Portland, if they keep the same section that we were in last year, there are railings that can have a banner can be drapped on(?). Davy even brought the pole etc on the plane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya that could work for sure. Its pretty likely we'll be in the same section.

Totally open to other original ideas that anyone else has. This game will be broadcast nationally in the US and Canada, so a good opportunity to make a statement with a TIFO on TV.

In terms of bringing a TIFO from Toronto, I'm more than willing to work with fans here on something and bring it out West with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bringing a large England flag with 'Essex Reds' on it. It's not a huge flag but its something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are staying at BnB Pension Hotel opposite Pike Market ...( Pension Nicholl ) Got it cheap thru these Living Social / Groupon Deals. Has great reviews and its a little quirky...$89. Gotta find parking which is about $15 day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the people in Toronto want to get together to either make a TIFO or bring one that would be ace!! I will see what I can do with any of those already in Vancouver to make something as well. I think the more the merrier as it's time to show the rest of the MLS we aren't going quietly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff KidA!

I reached out the the banner team, they are planning to bring some banners to Seattle and will be discussing it at their AGM this week.
    For those interested in helping there will be more information posted later in the week I guess, dates are 24-26th 5:30 to 11:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    We are staying at BnB Pension Hotel opposite Pike Market ...( Pension Nicholl ) Got it cheap thru these Living Social / Groupon Deals. Has great reviews and its a little quirky...$89. Gotta find parking which is about $15 day.
    dow117, I parked at this garage which at the time the locked up for the night and opened at 9am, it was a special deal with the Moore hotel ($15), it is a few blocks from Pike Market, there is a 12 hour weekend rate? The garage is located on the corner of Stewart & Third. I liked how they locked the garage down for the evening at the time, now it looks like its 24-7.

http://www.rpnw.com/lot/seattle/30-526
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 02-17-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Still not giving up on this... Trying to build a business case to the wife lol.... Where are the majority of ppl staying at?
    Flush...I'm staying here...
    http://www.monaco-seattle.com/

The whole trip is a gift from the g/f!!

PS...KidA, you totally rock for taking care of this!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone is daytripping it down from Vancouver, the Amtrak train is a perfect option for this game. If you look at the schedule, there's a 6:40 AM trip from Vancouver arriving Seattle at about 11 AM. The train station in Seattle is a very short walk to the stadium! And there's a train back to Vancouver at 6:35 pm. http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/335/430/...ule-010614.pdf

The train is in light yellow. The green/blue ones are Amtrak buses, which are also very convenient, as they go to the main train station, and not the bus station near Westlake station.

I hear the view from the train to the ocean is worth seeing! Sadly I always end up on a bus, because of the timing.

Driving is certainly faster ... but not a great option if you have a few at the game.

I wish I was there this year ... sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the club ever alert fans on the tfc site about an away section gathering? I'm sure there are others going to the game that are unaware of a certain designated section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    Flush...I'm staying here...
    http://www.monaco-seattle.com/

The whole trip is a gift from the g/f!!

PS...KidA, you totally rock for taking care of this!!
    Nice! I had 3 ppl interested in going but the return flights are all horrible! +1 day... Would be coming back the earliest on Wednesday if I use my points... Not looking good for me... I might jus bank the point and use it for a Kansas roadtrip
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there!

Just saw this post and immediately registered for an account. :P
    I'm a student, born in Toronto, currently living in the Seattle area.

Could you please put me down for 1?

Would love to actually meet some TFC supporters again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

secretmessage - Got you down for 1. I'll be PM'ing those who have requested tickets with all the details once I receive them from the Sounders FO.
    Flush - That's too bad. Have you been looking at direct from Toronto to Seattle or have you thought of taking the trip through either Buffalo to Seattle or even Toronto to Vancouver? I believe there are a few of us traveling from the Vancouver area that wouldn't mind giving you a ride if you need it.
    E11evenTFC - I have broadcasted the message across Twitter and both the U-Sector and Red Patch Boys have retweeeted it to their followers. I have even sent the message to the TFC twitter account but I do not believe they have let anyone know about this trip. If someone wants to post on their Facebook page that could work as well. We welcome everyone!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Nice! I had 3 ppl interested in going but the return flights are all horrible! +1 day... Would be coming back the earliest on Wednesday if I use my points... Not looking good for me... I might jus bank the point and use it for a Kansas roadtrip
    Im going from Buffalo with Delta. There's a lot of options if you're willing to connect somewhere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to do a quick check on everyone's status as we are getting down to crunch time for ticket purchases to be made. I will be posting the list I have of people that will be receiving the purchase link and promo code later tonight/tomorrow morning. I have been told that this is only for Toronto FC supporters as we will be placed all in the same section. Also, once you purchase your ticket you will be emailed the ticket(s) to print out. We will be avoiding Will Call by doing so.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks again for this. I just had an email from Seattle with the link and refered them to you KidA.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Awesome, thanks again for this. I just had an email from Seattle with the link and refered them to you KidA.
    No problem at all. I received the email this morning from Sounders FO with all the details. I'm going to start sending out private messages with the details for everyone who needs tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets purchased!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    Tickets purchased!!!!
    Likewise. Coming down from Victoria on the Friday night, staying at the Paramount (Pike/Pine area).

I second the recommendation for Fado for Breakfast/Pints/Footy.

Can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket purchased as well. Just hoping now that my wife's work schedule works out for that weekend

If not I will have a ticket to give away

Thanks KidA for organizing this, a pint of Seattle's hoppiest beer for you when we meet up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came across this thread - Season ticket holder since day 1 - I'll be heading down to Seattle from Toronto with 4 other guys - would love to sit with all the other traveling fans. Is it possible if you can share the link !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket bought and downloaded!

Big thanks to KidA for his organizational duties, you have a beer coming your way.

Fado's for breakfast sounds good, alas I will not be in Seattle until about 11.

Time to ponder the pre & post pubs.

Gwako, PM KidA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks KidA... I just officially pulled out... Not in the cards for me although would have loved to be there with you lot!

will look at other roadtrips down the road for sure... More than likely Kansas!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exciting times. thanks again for sorting stuff out KidA

I mulled over this for awhile, stressin on the weekend..the earlier match time really messed up my plans...flying direct/driving down debate... but alas, sticking with the driving down from Van idea..but on the friday so not too rushed. So that's flying out to yvr from yyz friday evening then driving down/border crossing the same evening. Hotel ideas appreciated, thanks for posting some so far guys.
    Flying back monday from Van....can't really avoid the long/expensive route back from Van or SeaTac....timezones kill ya as usual..heh

Have also looked into banner/flag transporation and will bring at least something to wave from the master RPB store...... whoever's been poking around for that, find me at the AGM this weekend to talk

If we're organized enough in the section, and it sounds like we will be -- I have no problem leading the chants really...like the printout idea tho KidA.... strong showing!

Off to sort tickets!
    RPB has Obama'ed me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket purchased! Thank you so much KidA for organising all this. Now everything is booked, I'm wayyy to excited!