Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    We are so extremely close to 50 its crazy.
    That's amazing. Props to you for organizing this and everybody making their way out to Seattle. Is the away section in a good location? I hope you guys get a lot of TV time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    That's amazing. Props to you for organizing this and everybody making their way out to Seattle. Is the away section in a good location? I hope you guys get a lot of TV time.
    IIRC, in the corner high up... you think a team would give up prime spot for away supporters? lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    IIRC, in the corner high up... you think a team would give up prime spot for away supporters? lol

Just looking at my tickets we start at the front of section 203. Row A. So yes its corner but luckily not at the top.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I meant since they have huge stadium, if they get stuck in the upper deck they'd be out of sight from the TV cameras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    I meant since they have huge stadium, if they get stuck in the upper deck they'd be out of sight from the TV cameras.
    It's in one corner above a walkway about halfway up the lower bowl of the stadium. Largely out of sight of the cameras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkInVictoria View Post
    It's in one corner above a walkway about halfway up the lower bowl of the stadium. Largely out of sight of the cameras.
    The section is actually well played by the FO IMHO. There is a large concrete wall to the one side of the section, and if everyone is singing, you can hear the sound bouncing off the wall and down to the pitch making us sound lounder, which then gets the home team going. Works well for an away supporter section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    The section is actually well played by the FO IMHO. There is a large concrete wall to the one side of the section, and if everyone is singing, you can hear the sound bouncing off the wall and down to the pitch making us sound lounder, which then gets the home team going. Works well for an away supporter section.

For some reason this comment gave me the shivers...almost two weeks.

Yes the section is not bad, seems to me there was a beer stand just up the stairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! Saw this thread and immediately signed up for an account!

Transplanted Torontonian here in Seattle, and I would love to support TFC together with you guys. Are there still tickets left or did we hit 50 already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by powerguo View Post
    Sweet! Saw this thread and immediately signed up for an account!

Transplanted Torontonian here in Seattle, and I would love to support TFC together with you guys. Are there still tickets left or did we hit 50 already?
    Speak to KidA, I believe there may still be tickets left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    Speak to KidA, I believe there may still be tickets left
    Sweet, thanks! Just sent him a PM. Hopefully there are still tickets left!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle FO (and all MLS teams) are mandated to hold 100 tix available for away supporter till 2 weeks before match date. so you still have couple of days.
    I suggest calling Sounders box office tomorrow
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder that today is the last day for ticket purchases!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for this game!!! This is probably the toughest game of the season too. Seattle is 45-16-20 in their short history at home and i'd say they're one of the top contenders for the cup this year. Should be a fantastic game.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gosh that doesn't make me feel so good, but there is no shortage of anticipation/anxiousness anyways!

finally ironed out hotel for the weekend -- debated back and forth, goin with the Warwick Hotel in Belltown....a bit out there, but should be just fine.....
    Some deals about, just gotta weigh what you want as far as amenities/location etc... I feel like the way downtown is laid out they screw you on things like parking regardless, so whatever
    RPB has Obama'ed me

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    gosh that doesn't make me feel so good, but there is no shortage of anticipation/anxiousness anyways!

finally ironed out hotel for the weekend -- debated back and forth, goin with the Warwick Hotel in Belltown....a bit out there, but should be just fine.....
    Some deals about, just gotta weigh what you want as far as amenities/location etc... I feel like the way downtown is laid out they screw you on things like parking regardless, so whatever
    We need to meet up this weekend. I got the road banner and a couple flags. You'll need the duct tape and poles. I'd ask someone in here to pick up the PVC piping for you pregame if you don't have time. Not that expensive. The ones we use are 12ft I think. I'll chack with Jay.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my 2 tix. Pumped for this! Coming down Friday night from Van and staying with the other tfc Seattle local. Any help needed for banners/flags in Vancouver?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid A, did you hear back from the Sounders FO on what the final count was for away tickets? Thanks for doing this for all the people out west.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Kid A, did you hear back from the Sounders FO on what the final count was for away tickets? Thanks for doing this for all the people out west.

I haven't heard back but I'll be sending them an email to confirm things went smoothly. According to my count we hit 45 tickets. I'll always try to organize as much as I can for the people out this way. Long story short... SSH from day 1, Toronto till I die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost a week...any consensus to the pre-match pubs and post match pubs. There is a rally call for breakfast at Fado's, and then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, its probably a good idea to start sorting this. Essential part of the trip! . This time next week, ill be getting ready to head to the airport. So much excitement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also just checked the weather forecast for the weekend. Good news for us travelling from Toronto (and anywhere else that's suffering this never ending winter), its going to be ABOVE 0. MAYBE EVEN ABOVE 10. Pack your shorts and T-shirts guys. Woo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Along the lines of the pre and post game pubs, Can anyone recommend things to do in Seattle as a tourist. I've never been. Planning a trip to the Zoo and Pike Place Market. After that I'm guessing. I am getting there on Wednesday
    Last edited by ndtoronto; 03-07-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we went a couple of seasons ago, we visited the space needle, took the Seattle underground tour, paid respect to Bruce Lee at his tomb and also grabbed a coffee at the first Starbucks which is located near Pike Market.
    Last edited by EastYork; 03-07-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndtoronto View Post
    Along the lines of the pre and post game pubs, Can anyone recommend things to do in Seattle as a tourist. I've never been. Planning a trip to the Zoo and Pike Place Market. After that I'm guessing. I am getting there on Wednesday
    Wednesday....grab a pint in Portland!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the consensus was to meet at Pyramid at 11/11:30 for a pint before we head to the field around 12:30/1. Still discussion on where to afterwards but I'm sure that won't be difficult to plan out as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_gamble View Post
    Also just checked the weather forecast for the weekend. Good news for us travelling from Toronto (and anywhere else that's suffering this never ending winter), its going to be ABOVE 0. MAYBE EVEN ABOVE 10. Pack your shorts and T-shirts guys. Woo!
    Be prepared for just about anything. While it may be sunny and warm, I would plan for some "Seattle sunshine" (i.e., rain). Most likely scenario is we will get a little bit of everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndtoronto View Post
    Museum of Flight is pretty cool (though a bit out of the way, between SeaTac and downtown). I'd also love to do the Boeing factory tour someday (even further away in Everett).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update:

I will be having a phone meeting with the Sounders FO tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone here had any questions we wanted to address before Saturday. Once I hear from them tomorrow I will update the group as to what was discussed.

Thanks everyone!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    Update:

I will be having a phone meeting with the Sounders FO tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone here had any questions we wanted to address before Saturday. Once I hear from them tomorrow I will update the group as to what was discussed.

Thanks everyone!!!
    Tell them to make sure there's security in your section. Last time I went down there some dumbass would routinely walk down 20 rows to get in our faces and if I hadn't been as sober as I was, it could have gotten ugly. Most of the fans are cool but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Feel free to relay my story, I'd be interested to hear their reaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents: if they put you in the lower bowl ask them to keep a buffer row or two above the away section. If they put you up way up in the top section there won't be anybody else up there. They might only put big away groups up there though. SKC had a 200-300+ big group on Saturday and they were put up there.