Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

notdarren - How many should I put you down for??

Marauder01 - Got you down for 2!!!

Looks like we are up at 36 now. Good feeling this count will be rising too. 2 weeks to get your final numbers in!!! Sounds like we will be taking over a local pub with our numbers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one, I can't even find someone to go to a TFC home game with, let alone an away game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notdarren View Post
    Just one, I can't even find someone to go to a TFC home game with, let alone an away game.
    I'm driving to Buffalo on the Friday (and flying out from there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just booked my flights to Seattle for this. Hotel all booked. Man, I am excited. Cannot wait. My first trip out west. Looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh oh, this changes things. A much much earlier start. Those coming down from Vancouver are going to have to leave early....to get that pre game experience in. The game is now on NBC and like an earlier poster suggested they have changed the game to accommodate the network game. The graphic from the Sounders website.

15 SAT MLS Toronto FC Seattle, WA 01:30 PM Q13 FOX,
    NBCSN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed this. Hopefully it doesn't affect too many people in terms of timing. Sounds like an early pre game experience too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit disappointed that its changed to an early start, but on the other hand, it give us the evening to (hopefully) celebrate an awesome win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_gamble View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed that its changed to an early start, but on the other hand, it give us the evening to (hopefully) celebrate an awesome win
    I like your logic! Hopefully doesn't mess up anyone's plans. Its still going to be an incredible trip. COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One good thing , 9:00 am start in pub and catch EPL games .... looks like this change will cost another hotel night for some ... see you on the ice !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder to everyone that next week is the deadline for tickets. Once I receive all the details from our contact at Sounders FO I will private message all those that have indicated they will be attending with ticket purchase info.

On a few side notes, I will be printing off song sheets to go around for the game. If there are any particular chants/songs that you want to make sure are on those sheets please let me know as I will be compiling them based on the most frequently used during home games. As for other items (banners, flags) does anyone have any interest in doing something for this game? Have we come up with a location for our pre-match meetup??

Finally, May 14th is the away match vs Vancouver for the Canadian Championship. I will be posting closer to March about tickets for that game. I'll try to get in contact with someone more helpful at the Whitecaps FO so that we can all be in the same section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been avoiding some work today (i'll pay later) and I looked at average travel time from Vancouver to Seattle (3 hours in good conditions), however locals tell you to allow up to 5 hours in case of traffic delays and backs-ups. Looks like I am leaving at 7am Saturday morning to get into Seattle at a decent time. I concur with Mr_gamble the original start time was perfect, however it is what it is. I just hope none of the folks flying in will be affected.

Found this little website: http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/
    Very handy BC border crossing wait times, nice.

This is starting to seem like the longest off season, can't wait for the Seattle game and the season.
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 02-12-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to get a friday night flight from Toronto, so I could still work the Friday... Luckily I decided against it and am getting a Friday morning flight instead. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this. Only 30 days to go!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have driven down from Van to Seattle twice and 3 hrs should be good enough ... the biggest delay is the border xing at Peace Arch. If you can cross at Aldergrove or Abbotsford , it is way faster and you can still get to the I5 to Seattle easily.

Will we be singing the "DICHIO" song at minute 23 ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I have driven down it has taken approximately 3 hours give or take a few. I'll probably leave Vancouver by 8 or so. A Sounders supporter found my post on Reddit and replied to my question about places for us to congregate before the game. How does everyone feel about meeting around 11/11:30 at one of these places?

Hell yeah! So, the stadium district is right on the border of an area called Pioneer Square, which is much larger than the actual pioneer square itself, but is home to an obscene amount of pubs and restaurants. You'll be more than at home at any of those places. We tend to inhabit a place called FX McRory's, which is in spitting distance of the stadium. Elysian Fields is a taphouse for the Elysian brewery, which makes excellent beer. The Sounders faithful all gather at a place called Fuel, where there are regular appearances by big name people in the organization. You won't get hassled too badly there, even though you're an away supporter, unless you wear a PTFC crest shakes fistThe Pyramid Taphouse is also great because it's enormous, has good food, and has beer that you've probably heard of before. Pyramid is one of the more prolific macrobreweries around Seattle but has a great selection of brews that still taste fantastic given its size and scope.
    There's a big deal called the March to the Match, and it occurs and hour before kickoff. I recommend checking it out -- you won't be able to miss it, it's too loud and expansive -- there are a lot of fun adults and kids jumping around, screaming their hearts out. You won't be hated on for onlooking or even participating, unless you're wearing a goddamn PTFC crest, he says while shaking his fist
    You guys should just plan two things: Get drunk (if you do that), and get loud. All else is easy. I highly recommend walking around the whole pioneer square district just to get a feel of things. Believe me when I said there are a fuck-ton of bars. You'll probably find a few friendly red-and-white jerseys to bunker down with in a sea of green, as they'll likely choose the less-crowded bars in the area so they don't have to hear sustained chants three hours prior to kickoff. Make no mistake, though. You will be immersed in the Sounders subculture that permeates the middle Cascadia lowlands. And I think you'll love it.
    TL;DR -- Fuck Portland, get drunk (if you do that).

In terms of chants so far I'm thinking the following:

TFC Bounce - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPv3yX5Ir9w
    Just can't get enough - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUwsh...eature=related
    Allez allez Les Rouges allez - http://youtu.be/Sjx-Nh-tfII
    Reds go marching in - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3G2pbgk9m4
    TFC Massive - http://youtu.be/3MKsRnStFsI

Just to start...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been PMing with KidA about this, but I was speaking to Vancouver ticketing about the CC game there in May. They replied this morning and ticketing is apparently already open, and they're willing to work with us by placing us all together at BC Place in the away section.

Last year's opener saw a few TO fans scattered around, which we're trying to avoid, and their ticketing guy will help - Jamieson Brooks at 778-330-1376. You can mention my name (Scott Ferguson) but he should be able to put you in the dedicated Toronto section either way. Personally I'm just confirming numbers and will book my own tix soon.

This one's a Wednesday night so we won't have the same travelling contingent, but a great chance for all of us TO "expats" on the west coast to get together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by themodelcitizen View Post
    Been PMing with KidA about this, but I was speaking to Vancouver ticketing about the CC game there in May. They replied this morning and ticketing is apparently already open, and they're willing to work with us by placing us all together at BC Place in the away section.

Last year's opener saw a few TO fans scattered around, which we're trying to avoid, and their ticketing guy will help - Jamieson Brooks at 778-330-1376. You can mention my name (Scott Ferguson) but he should be able to put you in the dedicated Toronto section either way. Personally I'm just confirming numbers and will book my own tix soon.

This one's a Wednesday night so we won't have the same travelling contingent, but a great chance for all of us TO "expats" on the west coast to get together.
    Already got my tix to the game but I'm sure I can squeeze in there somewhere. Should start a new thread for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KidA, good start on the pubs list, Fx Rory's is like across the parking lot from century link field. the pyramid taphouse is interesting as it looks very large. Lots of options. I agree 11-11:30 works well, these pubs are close the venue which makes fine sense with our now abbreviated pre match meet-up. That large quote from the Seattle supporter makes one excited for the game day experience a month away. We should determine a post game pub that we can gather at, and cause havoc.

I like the song choices.

Shame about the Vancouver match as the mid-week time rules out an away trip for many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A post game pub is just as, if not more important, as a pregame pub. Somewhere we can chuckle about our win. I'm all excited. Can March hurry up please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    KidA, good start on the pubs list, Fx Rory's is like across the parking lot from century link field. the pyramid taphouse is interesting as it looks very large. Lots of options. I agree 11-11:30 works well, these pubs are close the venue which makes fine sense with our now abbreviated pre match meet-up. That large quote from the Seattle supporter makes one excited for the game day experience a month away. We should determine a post game pub that we can gather at, and cause havoc.

I like the song choices.

Shame about the Vancouver match as the mid-week time rules out an away trip for many.

If the pyramid is anything like it is for seahawks games, it will be very full, being a 2 min walk to the stadium. I ate at the official pyramid tailgate in their parking lot, and the sausage was horrible. I guess they only had 7 weeks to perfect it...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of thoughts:

1. I'll start up a Vancouver vs Toronto May 14 Match thread so that the info about tickets and supporter section details can be given out.
    2. 11-11:30 meet up at Pyramid followed by post-match at FX Rory's or vice versa depending on what others think.
    3. Banners/flags/other - any interest in this stuff?

And heres my list so far of those attending.

KidA 2
    dow117 2
    MightyDM 5
    ndtoronto 1
    TFCwestcan 1
    ChrisFizik 2
    JimmyJames1918 2
    themodelcitizen 4
    dunkers 4
    Stugatzo 2
    Rene Kingsriver 1
    Jloome 2
    TorontoGooner 4
    E11evenTFC 2
    Marauder01 2
    notdarren 1
    Mr Gamble 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully that number reaches 50 people going to Seattle. Can't make it, but will be watching on TV. What a game it will be. Have fun and COME ON YOU REDS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every day, I get more and more excited for this. A month today I'll be in Seattle. A month tomorrow, the season starts for us. I might have another person on board for this. But I'll let you know before the 20th KidA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I'll need another one now too, so up to 5 in total...

EDIT: I'm getting mixed msgs from some friends about going so screw 'em, change my number to 2 for now... will try and get them to commit before the 20th.
    Last edited by themodelcitizen; 02-15-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    If the pyramid is anything like it is for seahawks games, it will be very full, being a 2 min walk to the stadium. I ate at the official pyramid tailgate in their parking lot, and the sausage was horrible. I guess they only had 7 weeks to perfect it...
    I think most of the pubs around Century link will be full... 11am is my target time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pyramid pub at 11:00 a:m: it is then. I intend to go to Fado around 9 first to catch brekkie. pint and an EPL game then head over to the Pyramid ... hopefully this will be doable.
    The chants/ songs look good . If you have flags etc , bring along and we'll figure it out. Safe travels to all you reds !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm liking the song list, and I'm down for whatever pre/post game. It will be my first time in the emerald city.

I'll just be bringing scarves, a few extra if seattle fans want to do an exchange.

Flags sound like a great idea to me, but I'd certainly be down to meet up and make a TIFO for the game we could wave over the 35+ coming out. I dunno how easy/difficult that would be to make, but with a month away I'm sure if we got enough people we could make it happen. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    I have been avoiding some work today (i'll pay later) and I looked at average travel time from Vancouver to Seattle (3 hours in good conditions), however locals tell you to allow up to 5 hours in case of traffic delays and backs-ups.
    It's wise to leave extra time .. but I've done 2 hours before from Vancouver airport to the University District near I5 in Seattle. I don't think I've ever been much worse than 3, and most of that was an extra 40 minutes at the border. It's only about 220 km, so no need for gas, washrooms, or food.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to scale down my number, but I'm getting mixed msgs from some friends about going so screw 'em, change my number to 2 for now... will try and get them to commit before the 20th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by themodelcitizen View Post
    Hate to scale down my number, but I'm getting mixed msgs from some friends about going so screw 'em, change my number to 2 for now... will try and get them to commit before the 20th.
    Same here, I've had two buddies drop out on me. I'm only needing two for the time being. Will still pay for 4 though if it messes things up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im still in for the game and looking forward to it. I was always going to go to the game by myself while my wife and 20 month old went to the Aquarium or some other things in Seattle.

They may not even be coming to Seattle so I could be a batchelor for the weekend! Now with not having to worry about getting a hotel close to the attractions they were going to go to, is there a consensus on the hotel we should be looking at?