Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC vs Seattle March 15 - Roadtrip

I just wanted to gauge the response to see who else would be interested in going to see the season opener in Seattle. I went to the season opener against Vancouver last year and it was a headache trying to sit with more TFC supporters. I am hoping that with enough interest it will be a bit easier to have a small section for us going down. It's 2 months away and more players to be signed before then. Who's in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have gone to the season openers in both Van and Seattle. In the past they have saved an area at centruy link for away support. Id call group ticket sales and ask to be assigned to that seat block. Not sure when tickets go on sale, if I hear ill let you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done Seattle twice and couldn't find a decent beer. I'll pass this time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Done Seattle twice and couldn't find a decent beer. I'll pass this time.
    I like Widmers, though IIRC it's an Oregon brew
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're obsessed with ultra hoppy pale ale. Its like the state has one beer with 50 different labels. All taste like fermented pine cones.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're obsessed with ultra hoppy pale ale. Its like the state has one beer with 50 different labels. All taste like fermented pine cones.
    that's what you get when you have too many yuppies and hipsters around
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, I guess I should've expected it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be there. Emailed the Sounders ticket office the other day but no reply yet. What is the protocol to get us in the same place? Was in Vancouver last year. No other TFC supporters in my area.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-08-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just there this summer. Looks like it would be a nice field to visit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for flights and hotels today, the biggest hassle is getting the ticket for the game, this before the Bradley news, I agree with Martin Utd, hoppy hoppy beer. My plan as was the last trip to fly to Van see some friends drive down on Saturday morning. I'm up for a meet up, been a while since I was kitted up. The venue is a good place to watch a game the fans are generally cool although not as cool as Portland fans, saw Toronto lose on the start of the infamous Winter regime 9 game losing streak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikaela Purvis (Customer Service)
    Jan 09 10:58 AM
    Hi Jeff,
    Thank you for your e-mail and support. We are excited that you are interested in coming to one of our matches. Please contact Paul Bonnie at 425.203.8302 or PaulB@SoundersFC.com as he is in charge of away team supporters sections. He can work with you to find some seats for that match. Please let us know if you have any other questions and we would be happy to assist you.
    Sincerely,
    Mikaela Purvis
    Sounders FC Customer Service
    877-MLS-GOAL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dunkers!! Just sent an email so I'm hoping to hear something soon. Now to figure out if we can have flags/banners.

Edit:

Email sent and replied already. Paul Bonnie wants to know if we have a primary contact for all of us going down. Should we elect someone or does everyone feel comfortable if I organize this for the one's that are going?
    Last edited by KidA; 01-09-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Paul Bonnie?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Paul Bonnie?
    Quick -- someone photoshop Paul Beirne with one of those generic disguises (big nose, mustache and a pair of glasses, all in one).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like alot of us are on the west coast, not exactly centrally located in and around Toronto....kinda hard to co-oridate it all

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume more as a contact to discuss any and all supporters arriving/leaving the stadium, security, etc. It would be simple if its just to make sure we are all in the same area. I will keep in contact with him to see if we need to have one purchase or at least have everyone interested in going contact him to purchase their tickets. So far I have been told the following:

Match date: Saturday, March 15th at 7pm
    Cost: $32 / seat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    I would assume more as a contact to discuss any and all supporters arriving/leaving the stadium, security, etc. It would be simple if its just to make sure we are all in the same area. I will keep in contact with him to see if we need to have one purchase or at least have everyone interested in going contact him to purchase their tickets. So far I have been told the following:

Match date: Saturday, March 15th at 7pm
    Cost: $32 / seat
    Security was a joke two years ago, we were getting pelted and they didn't know how to react. They then tried to put 2 Seattle fans in amongst us and I actually had to suggest they get some numbers to hold us for a bit and then walk us out after. Not exactly Galatasaray away but after having dealt with the LA team a few days before, I was shocked at how little thought went into catering for away fans which I'm sure they deal with in greater numbers and more frequently than the Galaxy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid A are you taking the lead, perhaps we can get numbers, details etc to Paul through you, then book individually? Hoping we get a good turn out from TO as well as the usual stragglers from the west.

Wull, I remember some of the classless fans taunting us when they score, unlike the Portland fans who thank us for coming Class... I am sure not all the fans in Seattle are like that but impressions...You would think with the Portland fans coming up in droves that they would have security figured out.

This game should rock with our new improved line-up.
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 01-10-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    Wull, I remember some of the classless fans taunting us when they score, unlike the Portland fans who thank us for coming Class... I am sure not all the fans in Seattle are like that but impressions...You would think with the Portland fans coming up in droves that they would have security figured out.
    To give them their due, we had a few come up to us at one of their bars before the game to welcome us etc. and even in the ground people were passing and apologizing, shaking hands etc. but, yeah, I was shocked that with Portland and Vancouver bringing people often that it wasn't better located and organized

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be more than happy to take the lead on this. If we can get some numbers together it will be easier to organize on the other end. I will send an email to Paul to discuss booking individually after we give him a final tally of number of attendees. I will also bring up the discussion of security with Wull's previous experience to see if they have improved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are 2 of us here in van that want to go .... been to a couple TFC games in Seattle - fans are pricks but so am I ; so it evens up so if KIDA is taking the lead' we're in and will dive from VAN on sat morn if anyone needs a ride. Let me know about tix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Layne and Kurt are dead. I ain't going to Seattle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is pretty funny.....no cider?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    I'd be more than happy to take the lead on this. If we can get some numbers together it will be easier to organize on the other end. I will send an email to Paul to discuss booking individually after we give him a final tally of number of attendees. I will also bring up the discussion of security with Wull's previous experience to see if they have improved.
    Thanks for doing this. I will be 5. Do you want to get a sense of all the numbers and then we will all email Paul B separately ? If you could ask him what we say so he knows that we are with you that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in for the Seattle game! I'm living in Victoria and will likely head to Seattle for the weekend. Anyone recommend a hotel to stay at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid A, I am in (one ticket), just to confirm the numbers, would love to book the seating ticket earlier, last time I had to waiting at the "will pick up" area and they almost could not find my ticket, I want to have them in my hands before I get on the plane. Also need to book flights & hotel early as well.

Holy crow this game is just a little over two months away!
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 01-12-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh there is a lot of other beer styles in Washington to. Id rather drink a beer with taste then a beer that tastes like water from a giant soulless corporation. Drinking a bland lager is like eating tofu for your whole life and then one day you get offered real meat, then you want another, and another, then you go back to tofu and you realize this is shit. hahaha

The ongoing battle of craft vs big brand name lagers, Beer with taste vs bland lager, a mans beer like bud to watch the game vs the yuppi beers with your pinky up, you here all the arguments. But each to there own!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to go to Seattle away game, just to far and cost to much for me to make the trip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent an email to Paul to discuss giving him final numbers and then each of us making a purchase for our set of tickets. I'll even ask about whether we can get the tickets in advance so we don't have to wait at Will Call to pick them up. We may not have the same numbers as Portland or Vancouver that will be attending but would love for us to be just as loud. I'll probably ask to see if they have a small banner policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Meh there is a lot of other beer styles in Washington to. Id rather drink a beer with taste then a beer that tastes like water from a giant soulless corporation. Drinking a bland lager is like eating tofu for your whole life and then one day you get offered real meat, then you want another, and another, then you go back to tofu and you realize this is shit. hahaha

The ongoing battle of craft vs big brand name lagers, Beer with taste vs bland lager, a mans beer like bud to watch the game vs the yuppi beers with your pinky up, you here all the arguments. But each to there own!
    Their local brews are shit. Take it from someone that enjoys variety and please, save the sanctimonious big brand sentiment. Setting up a straw man isn't going to save Seattle beer.