Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boom!
    RT @tancredipalmeri: Bradley has accepted! He's moving from Roma to Toronto, 7m € deal

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri1m Fulham a week ago was close to get Bradley on loan with buying option, but this Toronto bid has changed everything
    Last edited by kuku; 01-09-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

tinfoil theory 2: Michael Bradley is a rental, and will be flipped to NYCFC at the end of this season. This gives Leiweke his January "shock and awe" move, and gets Bradley into the league at a moment when he is available, but making him the centerpiece of a US team makes much more sense for the league in the long run.
    I don't think that it's that tinfoil. I wondered the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato...20530738.shtml

I read it in the Italian papers first, but it is for real, but not done. It also makes sense for Bradley, althought next year Roma are going to be a power in the CL, but Roma keep on signing big players in the mid, and now with Naingolan signed, Bradley is pushed back to the fourth (read bench) CM, their mid three is Naingolan, De Rossi, Strootman, does not get much better then that.

So long story short this could happen, and it would be huge for us, I always said he is the only yank player I really like great two way CM, he could be our playmaking CDM, and he could run the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Boom!
    RT @tancredipalmeri: Bradley has accepted! He's moving from Roma to Toronto, 7m € deal

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri1m Fulham a week ago was close to get Bradley on loan with buying option, but this Toronto bid has changed everything
    He followed it up with Bradley's annual salary.

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri5m
    Bradley to sign a 6-years deal, 1m $ per year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there it is wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato...20530738.shtml

I read it in the Italian papers first, but it is for real, but not done. It also makes sense for Bradley, althought next year Roma are going to be a power in the CL, but Roma keep on signing big players in the mid, and now with Naingolan signed, Bradley is pushed back to the fourth (read bench) CM, their mid three is Naingolan, De Rossi, Strootman, does not get much better then that.

So long story short this could happen, and it would be huge for us, I always said he is the only yank player I really like great two way CM, he could be our playmaking CDM, and he could run the show.
    I just re-read the article in Italian and it says that we signed Defoe yesterday, was there something official that I missed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy The Saint View Post
    Then why are the majority of the 26 that Klinsmaan called to January's USMNT camp in the MLS?

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/u...nn-brazil-2014
    Klinsmann is trying to get the best players for the US playing together in the their own league. Much like other soccer powers do. I think it's the right strategy.

We've seen (well Canadian fans if you are one) how a much lesser skilled lineup (like a Caribbean minnow) can hold their own simply because of their chemistry by playing together regularly.

Having the American players in MLS playing together is what's best for the USSF. It might not be ideal for Bradley's club career as he has the talent to play in stronger league and compete in UEFA tournaments, but if he desires getting the most money and wanting to help the US succeed internationally, then he's making the right move IMO.

I seriously don't think you can seriously consider yourself in the race for winning a World Cup if your players are scattered around the world. The top European nations who are in the race, have the bulk of their players playing at home. The exception would be the top South American nations as those players are spread around the globe, but fuck those folks have something in the water because they were just born to kick a ball like we're born to shoot pucks and smoke..err...curl rocks.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just re-read the article in Italian and it says that we signed Defoe yesterday, was there something official that I missed?
    Its still rumour but pretty much acknowleged now. He is flying in this weekend to make it official on Monday.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Klinsmann is trying to get the best players for the US playing together in the their own league. Much like other soccer powers do. I think it's the right strategy.

We've seen (well Canadian fans if you are one) how a much lesser skilled lineup (like a Caribbean minnow) can hold their own simply because of their chemistry by playing together regularly.

Having the American players in MLS playing together is what's best for the USSF. It might not be ideal for Bradley's club career as he has the talent to play in stronger league and compete in UEFA tournaments, but if he desires getting the most money and wanting to help the US succeed internationally, then he's making the right move IMO.

I seriously don't think you can seriously consider yourself in the race for winning a World Cup if your players are scattered around the world. The top European nations who are in the race, have the bulk of their players playing at home. The exception would be the top South American nations as those players are spread around the globe, but fuck those folks have something in the water because they were just born to kick a ball like we're born to shoot pucks and smoke..err...curl rocks.
    Klinsmann's strategy is actually the opposite. He's trying to get American players playing club football at the highest level. Apparently he was not at all happy when Dempsey signed with Seattle. And was really pushing him to go back on loan this January. He won't be happy about Bradley either. But these guys have to do what's right for themselves. They don't get much chance to make the money. They should take it.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Still trying to understand....MLS must be paying the transfer a la Dempsey, but they can't really want Bradley in Toronto long-term, can they?

tinfoil theory 1: Bob Bradley is coming to run TFC.

tinfoil theory 2: Michael Bradley is a rental, and will be flipped to NYCFC at the end of this season. This gives Leiweke his January "shock and awe" move, and gets Bradley into the league at a moment when he is available, but making him the centerpiece of a US team makes much more sense for the league in the long run.
    This is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this. He's USA's stud so where better to place him than in NYC?
    Whatever though... if they flip him at seasons end im sure we can fleece NYC for something good.... if not, i'll throw a bag of pee at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/sharm...e-a-contender/

Sharman: Toronto FC could be a contender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sharman, but is it done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sharman, but is it done.
    bradleys agent apparently said it was done on a radio show today. so idk. im just surprised this was completely under the radar, first time we hear about it he is apparently signed lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^This was not a possibility untill Nainggolan signed with Roma. This shows that this managment team is real keeping their eyes open for opportunities and are jumping at them. I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we have actual scouts now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ One hopes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^This was not a possibility untill Nainggolan signed with Roma. This shows that this managment team is real keeping their eyes open for opportunities and are jumping at them. I like it.
    And you complained how TFC doesn't get any players from Italy/ Seria A _
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I was going to make a joke about that. But I thought it was better to leave it alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol now if they signed De Rossi instead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    And you complained how TFC doesn't get any players from Italy/ Seria A _
    I don't think Bradley was what people were looking for when they said sign a Serie A player though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you gents
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I was going to make a joke about that. But I thought it was better to leave it alone.
    it was a joke,didn't want to start any bad discussion about it.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sportsnet said 7mill euro transfer fee, 6 year contract $1mill per season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't think Bradley was what people were looking for when they said sign a Serie A player though.
    a joke / sarcasm anyone,no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    it was a joke,didn't want to start any bad discussion about it.
    I know it was, and I would have made a joke too, but I knew it would end up in a DISCUSSION.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm impressed by all this. But I'll wait to see how all this plays out in the coming season on the pitch first. This is after all Toronto FC, and bad vibes have stuck to this club like a bad wine stain.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    sportsnet said 7mill euro transfer fee, 6 year contract $1mill per season.
    The must be quoting one of those mixed up reports.

Bradley gets paid more then that now at Roma. The 800K figure is after taxes.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not buying the conspiracy theories. Leiweke doesn't play that way.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy