Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    2014 USMNT JANUARY CAMP ROSTER
    GOALKEEPERS (4): Tally Hall (Houston Dynamo), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
    DEFENDERS (10): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Michael Harrington (Portland Timbers), Chris Klute (Colorado Rapids), Chance Myers (Sporting Kansas City), Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids), Seth Sinovic (Sporting Kansas City), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
    MIDFIELDERS (8): Eric Alexander (New York Red Bulls), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Dax McCarty (New York Red Bulls), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
    FORWARDS (4): Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (D.C. United), Mike Magee (Chicago Fire), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Lots of dudes who are going, or have a good shot of making WC squad
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. Ok, more first teams guys than usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 mil a yr, great deal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Yeah, I see what you are saying. Ok, more first teams guys than usual.
    just a shift in where USMNT players play from past years. more ply their trade in MLS than Europe lately. (and I think Mix and Wondo also have good shots of making the cut)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have doubts for now, but if it really is $1 million per year, that's an amazing deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I have doubts for now, but if it really is $1 million per year, that's an amazing deal.
    if it's merely 1 mil/yr, Bradley is a dumb ass, and USMNT supporters should rightly crucify him
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it's merely 1 mil/yr, Bradley is a dumb ass, and USMNT supporters should rightly crucify him
    Huh? Why? Bradley wants playing time and job security. He wasn't going to get that in Europe!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Huh? Why? Bradley wants playing time and job security. He wasn't going to get that in Europe!
    he's good enough for Roma. he could have latched on to mid bottom team in EPL/Bundesliga/Serie A (and supposedly lots of interest in him)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's good enough for Roma. he could have latched on to mid bottom team in EPL/Bundesliga/Serie A (and supposedly lots of interest in him)
    There was no guarantee he will get playing time on those mid and bottom level clubs in Europe and plus money & job security wasn't there. Also maybe Bradley wasn't happy being in Europe and wanted to come back?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    1 mil a yr, great deal
    Its not.

Only one report, out of Italy, indicated it was that amount, and it seemed more like a mixup based on somebody dividing the contract amount per year by the number of years.

Every other report has been between $5.7 and $6.5 million a year for 4-6 years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    There was no guarantee he will get playing time on those mid and bottom level clubs in Europe and plus money & job security wasn't there. Also maybe Bradley wasn't happy being in Europe and wanted to come back?
    maybe. dude just had a kid. but one thing about Bradley is that he's a competitor, and apparently he wanted to play in CL so bad. only think that'd trump that is financial security for his family, but for 1 mil/yr contract, he'd have fought for a place in Europe instead of security in MLS. (and why I think Bradley will be amazing for TFC. dude wants to win so bad)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I bet this was not even on the radar untill the Nainggolan signing. That is the bottom line. Roma will play in cl. Roma is only getting better, and could go far, Bradley would want to stay there for that, he helped Roma get to were they are now, but with the signing of Nainggolan, it relegates him to a second string player, and clearly he does not want that.

There are plenty of clubs in Europe which would have wanted Bradley. He is a very good top level two way mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he just likes to live in the US (North America) more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Maybe he just likes to live in the US (North America) more.
    dude has been away in Europe since 18 yrs old or something like that.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ I bet this was not even on the radar untill the Nainggolan signing. That is the bottom line. Roma will play in cl. Roma is only getting better, and could go far, Bradley would want to stay there for that, he helped Roma get to were they are now, but with the signing of Nainggolan, it relegates him to a second string player, and clearly he does not want that.

There are plenty of clubs in Europe which would have wanted Bradley. He is a very good top level two way mid.
    One could argue that Roma is better because they were playing other midfielders ahead of him this season. He was not in their first choice team.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude has been away in Europe since 18 yrs old or something like that.
    Sure. And maybe he never really liked it. Would rather return to NA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're on to something. Reading his agent's comments sheds some light on this.
    “The choice was dictated by some market movements. Without waiting for January 31, he assessed to follow this path also to help the growth of American soccer.
    “The arrival of Nainggolan? He has always felt like a major player, then the scale of values changed.
    “There were also many requests from clubs in the Serie A like Hellas and Bologna, but it is a choice dictated by the appreciation towards the league and the American soccer.
    “After 10 years in Europe he wanted to return to the United States. A bitter choice, but made ​​with heart. Roma reiterated the non-transferability until the end, this was his own choice.”
    So it looks like he knew fell down the order with Nainggolan coming in and wanted a move to play regularly. He considers all his options, including letting MLS know he's looking for a new club. TFC steps up with a huge offer that he can't get anywhere else and he agrees. Wanting to help the league grow, moving closer to home, being (hopefully) impressed by what he saw when he came here with Roma, and the pitch our FO made to him on their Euro trip all probably played factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF he really is on one million a year its a brillant move. TL might not have wanted a DM for a DP already having Laba but he gets what he can, with a full preseason, keeps Laba, and trades Bradley next year for two great starters unless he pans out as invaluble. Its a very shred move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim Leiweke doesn't fuck around, does he?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I say this bigger.......lets see:

All reports but one out of Italy that might have been mistranslated say he is going to be paid between $5.4 and $6.5 million a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^TSN says the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely. Whatever happened at Roma, it pissed him off big time. I wonder if promises were made that were not kept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Americans are pissed about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's the dude from Columbus again? Archer?

What's he saying?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, let them be mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    The Americans are pissed about this.
    Haha yeah. Great innit? In the words of the great philosopher Dave Chappelle "HATE HATE HATE HATE. HATE HATE"

The irony of some of the USMT fans FREAKING out is their going to polarize the ones who are also MLS fans into becoming closet TFC fans/drive up interest in the club. I bet we see a few prime time national TV games in the states next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Haha yeah. Great innit? In the words of the great philosopher Dave Chappelle "HATE HATE HATE HATE. HATE HATE"

The irony of some of the USMT fans FREAKING out is their going to polarize the ones who are also MLS fans into becoming closet TFC fans/drive up interest in the club. I bet we see a few prime time national TV games in the states next year.
    I think we're seeing a lot of true xenophobic colors from our jingoistic neighbors to the south. It's not him coming to MLS that many of them hate, it's him coming to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just re-read the article in Italian and it says that we signed Defoe yesterday, was there something official that I missed?
    It is also being repoetwd on the BBC World about Defoe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alf De Blasis@dblas602mIn post-game comments today, Rudi Garcia confirms Bradley chose to leave @OfficialASRoma & that club could not keep "unhappy" player. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think we're seeing a lot of true xenophobic colors from our jingoistic neighbors to the south. It's not him coming to MLS that many of them hate, it's him coming to TFC.
    I dunno, I seem to remember similar reactions to Dempsey coming to Seattle. The eurosnobs in the states can't fathom that one of their 'golden boys' would give up playing in one of the big european leagues to come to play soccer in North America. That Bradley is coming to Toronto makes it even worse, but ultimately even if he was coming to the Galaxy or Redbull of Beckham FC I think a lot of the reactions would be the same. The worry from what I can see in the Yanks Abroad/Reddit/ESPN threads is 1) his development will stagnate due to inferior competition and 2) some MLS 'hack' will take out his knee's. It seems to devolve into a whole chicken v egg thing about how to develop better American players. You need a better American league, but to develop the best possible players they need to be playing in the highest level possible. How does the American league get better without having the best Americans in it though? Whatever, their problem. He's our player now*! (*touches wood furiously until monday)