Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No, it's not. Lots of people wouldn't sail to the horizon at one point because it frightened them; it wasn't 'evidence' that the world is flat. How people react to something is often not evidence of anything, given that people make 85% of their choices via preexisting bias and not rationalized investigation.

It's all moot. Football? Moot? Past injuries? Bit moot too. Why? Because actual science shows soccer players aren't injured more often on turf than grass. This has been the case since this debate started, seven years ago.

Ignore the outlier arguments. The science has spoken.

And Russia's a major league with major money now, and clubs there do play on artificial turf.

Also, Chelsea's youth teams practice on an artificial pitch (3G blend, like we're allegedly considering); if there were any proof it was dangerous, does anyone think one of the world's biggest clubs would risk valuable assets on it?
    The science hasn't really spoken. It just says various things, often contradictory, and in part based on how the study was designed. Reminds me of the 'science' of running saying heel striking runners were more prone to injury. The 'science' is shifting from that now.

I'm not saying turf is definitively worse. Just that there is no definitive answer.

Personally, I first blew my knee playing on grass. Re-blew it playing on turf. The stick of turf is scary imo, even with turf boots. I wouldn't blame anyone for avoiding it, especially if they've had any injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there been any release of the spring training schedule for 2015?