Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Atmosphere in the Bunker

By the title I mean the flags and smoke and streamers like back in the day when it look insane in the bunker, what happen to that?, I heard smoke and streamers have been banned ? and im assuming part of its due to obviously our record and a decline in membership, maybe even RPB being spread around instead of 90% in the bunker?. I would love to see that started back up as crazy as it was back in the day. Anyone have any insight on why its died a bit? (above reasons?)

Sorry if I seem a bit un informed, haven't been to every game the past couple years being a 75MB and those lovley curve balls live throws at you :P. I only get out to 3-7 games a year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're on this topic. Where would one buy steamers in bulk? I don't want to pay 2 dollars for 2 white steamers at the dollar store.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    By the title I mean the flags and smoke and streamers like back in the day when it look insane in the bunker, what happen to that?, I heard smoke and streamers have been banned ? and im assuming part of its due to obviously our record and a decline in membership, maybe even RPB being spread around instead of 90% in the bunker?. I would love to see that started back up as crazy as it was back in the day. Anyone have any insight on why its died a bit? (above reasons?)

Sorry if I seem a bit un informed, haven't been to every game the past couple years being a 75MB and those lovley curve balls live throws at you :P. I only get out to 3-7 games a year
    Smoke was never allowed in the stands.
    There is a thread in the members section that you may find interesting: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...4-Smoke-at-BMO

I've heard Streamers are allowed, but a new rule was introduced that said you can't throw them at the players or on the field - so people stopped bringing them.
    Plus most of our games are rain games - that killed it as well. That and the team being shit and going record breaking number of games without a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    While we're on this topic. Where would one buy steamers in bulk? I don't want to pay 2 dollars for 2 white steamers at the dollar store.
    3 for a dollar at the Dollar Store just south of Yonge & Bloor. You could also try party supply stores.

Smoke might be legal again, but might be confined to throwing into special buckets in certain sections. Supposed to get more details any day now. The meeting was last night.

I won't comment on the rest, but it would be great to see it rocking again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see the streamers back.

The image of an opposing players disappearing behind a curtain of streamers at the corner flag is one that, in my mind, represents the amazing BMO Atmosphere in the early days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the topic that could bring back anger. They bring football to TO. We go crazy, we bring the atmosphere, we are happy. The football stays shit, all they sell us is the atmosphere, come to BMO sure the footy is shit, but the atmosphere is great. Meanwhile they do everything they fucking can to kill that too. Now going into year 8, the football is as shit as ever (hopefully not for long) but they have fucked up the atmosphere.

We shuold bring in streamers for at least one game. Bring it back to 2007. Maybe make some seat cushions to throw onto the pitch.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Remember when people were in the section 30 minutes prior to the game? That had nothing to do with smoke or streamers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Remember when people were in the section 30 minutes prior to the game? That had nothing to do with smoke or streamers...
    Bingo. There's a group of us that try an get into the bunker 30-20 mins before the game starts. It's tough with the way things have been going.

Hopefully we start to turn it around and the atmosphere that we have had in the bunker all last year will spread.

The asshole part of me wants to say you don't need an invitation to start anything that will help with the atmosphere. You want to do it (within the rules obviously) then do it.

As one of the leads for TIFO and banner team were looking to do a lot more this season. So if you want to get involved, make some threads with ideas and we can discuss them or you can contact myself, CoachGT, or FortYork.

I'm glad to see some enthusiasm starting to bubble. We want to get back to being the biggest, loudest, most respected group in the MLS and really in North America. That's my goal anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    This is the topic that could bring back anger. They bring football to TO. We go crazy, we bring the atmosphere, we are happy. The football stays shit, all they sell us is the atmosphere, come to BMO sure the footy is shit, but the atmosphere is great. Meanwhile they do everything they fucking can to kill that too. Now going into year 8, the football is as shit as ever (hopefully not for long) but they have fucked up the atmosphere.

We shuold bring in streamers for at least one game. Bring it back to 2007. Maybe make some seat cushions to throw onto the pitch.
    That is perhaps the best, most concise, chronological timeline of this whole sh**show. Well put.
    But yeah, bring it back to 2007. I'm in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been in the bunker in a while, again due to not being able to catch every game, was in 115 a couple times, defiantly want to get a buddy and get in the bunker a few times this year, not all my football friends are the supporter type to stand and sing and chant all game but ill get to know more of the regulars the more I can snag tickets there this year. Its always a better time when theres a big group just givin' it in terms of support.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's never been (allowed) smoke in BMO, and there's still the occasional streamer thrower - but as it was said above - you can't throw anything at players, including streamers
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    There's never been (allowed) smoke in BMO, and there's still the occasional streamer thrower - but as it was said above - you can't throw anything at players, including streamers
    Has anyone gotten into trouble for throwing streamers or just told not to?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Has anyone gotten into trouble for throwing streamers or just told not to?
    People have been talked to by security about it. Only when 'aimed' at someone. If the streamer goes up more that 'at' it should be fine.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    People have been talked to by security about it. Only when 'aimed' at someone. If the streamer goes up more that 'at' it should be fine.
    Nice, I am going to see about wholesale streamers.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, I am going to see about wholesale streamers.
    yea I poked around to, partycity has some .99 per Red and White. I really want to get that feeling back again, streamers, flags, singing. the whole deal, nothing made me happier then going to a TFC game and jumping up n down chanting and seeing streamers fly everywhere and flags flapping in the window and of course endless beer, win or lose (pref. a win) id go home happy as a kid in a candy store ahah

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea I poked around to, partycity has some .99 per Red and White. I really want to get that feeling back again, streamers, flags, singing. the whole deal, nothing made me happier then going to a TFC game and jumping up n down chanting and seeing streamers fly everywhere and flags flapping in the window and of course endless beer, win or lose (pref. a win) id go home happy as a kid in a candy store ahah
    Seems like we can get them from China around $.15-$.20 per after shipping but need to order a whack (like 10k)

Bonus on that of course is it employs kids and keeps them off the street...
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like we can get them from China around $.15-$.20 per after shipping but need to order a whack (like 10k)

Bonus on that of course is it employs kids and keeps them off the street...
    At .20 x1000 is only $200. maybe get 500 white 500 red. have a little donation streamer drive? I'd throw $10 in when I get my commission cheque; if its for the betterment of the club and our SG then shit ten bones aint shit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At .20 x1000 is only $200. maybe get 500 white 500 red. have a little donation streamer drive? I'd throw $10 in when I get my commission cheque; if its for the betterment of the club and our SG then shit ten bones aint shit
    10000 not 1000

Still not out of the question though

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get the party started in the bunker !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have often found that trying to start something can be a fruitless effort. This is not meant to offend, but it often seems that unless something has been started by whoever is up on the stand that particular day (consistency on the capo stand is very lacking) many in 112 won't join in. Sometimes I feel that a group in 111 will try and get something going and it won't get much response, then a minute or so later a focused effort comes from 112 and the chant starts. There still seems to be some odd divide amongst supporters. Again, this is just an observation and not an accusation.

I feel that in the early years 112 asserted control over the area. Now many of those original people aren't there anymore and the atmosphere isn't the same. 111 has gone through a lot of changes too. I'd say that that the original core of people who were in the first 8 rows or so is down to about 40%. Most of these people truly never experienced the electricity of the early years. They have only known frustration. Some days I'm amazed the atmosphere is as good as it is all things considered.

I believe more localized chants and songs should be encouraged. I would love to have us carve our own niche in the song department.

Many find my opinion on drumming crazy, but I think it should be used more sparingly. At times I find that there is a level of monotony that creeps in. Rather than being encouraged to start a song or chant, people zone out on a random beat for long periods of time. There's times when I feel like I should have brought my hacky sack to the stands because I felt like I was near a hippie drum circle. Sometimes hearing the quiet will encourage restlessness amongst supporters, which is a good thing. When the drums hammer home a song or chant it is much more effective...kind of a less is more approach.

I am there loud and proud, so I feel like I am doing my part. Anything I am saying is just about discussing what could improve things. All aside from the most obvious, which is to improve on the 7 horrible years of soccer we have had to witness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the bunker right now. Atmosphere is dreadful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Think it's close. We have a good group of 5-6 rows that are pretty locked into what's going on and following the lead of the capo. It's getting it to spread up and out that's becoming harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago View Post
    I have often found that trying to start something can be a fruitless effort. This is not meant to offend, but it often seems that unless something has been started by whoever is up on the stand that particular day (consistency on the capo stand is very lacking) many in 112 won't join in. Sometimes I feel that a group in 111 will try and get something going and it won't get much response, then a minute or so later a focused effort comes from 112 and the chant starts. There still seems to be some odd divide amongst supporters. Again, this is just an observation and not an accusation.

I feel that in the early years 112 asserted control over the area. Now many of those original people aren't there anymore and the atmosphere isn't the same. 111 has gone through a lot of changes too. I'd say that that the original core of people who were in the first 8 rows or so is down to about 40%. Most of these people truly never experienced the electricity of the early years. They have only known frustration. Some days I'm amazed the atmosphere is as good as it is all things considered.

I believe more localized chants and songs should be encouraged. I would love to have us carve our own niche in the song department.

Many find my opinion on drumming crazy, but I think it should be used more sparingly. At times I find that there is a level of monotony that creeps in. Rather than being encouraged to start a song or chant, people zone out on a random beat for long periods of time. There's times when I feel like I should have brought my hacky sack to the stands because I felt like I was near a hippie drum circle. Sometimes hearing the quiet will encourage restlessness amongst supporters, which is a good thing. When the drums hammer home a song or chant it is much more effective...kind of a less is more approach.

I am there loud and proud, so I feel like I am doing my part. Anything I am saying is just about discussing what could improve things. All aside from the most obvious, which is to improve on the 7 horrible years of soccer we have had to witness.
    Maybe we can all get something together, with Phil and Coach and make the first 10 rows all SSH who come to every game and sing give them those seats or something. I know the on field play has taken its toll on our section, but being a supporter isnt just when your winning, its ups and downs, if i could be there game in game out losing my voice supporting the boys fucking eh i would, but with $$ and distance a factor I can't, we need to get the morale and togetherness back into the bunker asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Sad to hear man, i use to love catching a game in the first couple seasons in there although tickets where hard to come by but the atmosphere was amazing. I was in 115 this past year at the Revs game (the one where it was raining) and me and about 15 other guys started a We Love You chant going albeit it ran dead after a while, but i got a couple of them jumping and going. Id want that atmosphere full out back in the bunker so bad

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Think it's close. We have a good group of 5-6 rows that are pretty locked into what's going on and following the lead of the capo. It's getting it to spread up and out that's becoming harder.
    Any ideas on what we can do this year coming up to get shit jumping in there again?, fuck lets restrict tickets just to people who will show up game in/out and jump chant and throw streams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me personally being a 75MB i cant make it to all the matches but i would love to get into the section anytime and give my full support, im always looking at the ticket trader section. Anyone on here a regular supporter thats in that group of people who give it there all during the matches? If so what rows/seats are usually hopping cause ill narrow my search to those areas specifically, as well shoot me a follow on twitter @Doucet3 if you ever offer up tickets lemme know ill scoop em off you time permitting.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bring up some good points. First off though, I want to say that support in general has taken a blow over the years. The damage from so many years of mismanagement and poor performance has sucked a lot of energy out of almost everyone who follows this club. I don't want to make excuses, but the reality is that during several periods, the club wasn't exactly playing the type of football you normally want to sing about and the front office went out of it's way several times to alienate the more "hardcore" supporters as well.

That said, we are ultimately masters of our own fates and I think you brought up a few issues that we can indeed work on. I too have noticed that songs or chants started elsewhere has often been dismissed or even song over by us. I've only been in 112 sporadically the last two seasons but it's noticeable elsewhere in the stadium, and honestly, it does breed resentment when people try to start something during a period of relative silence just to have it silenced by the crowd in 112 or elsewhere in the supporter's section. I believe we should be proactive when it comes to creating the atmosphere, but we need to be inclusive towards other fans as well and let them try their voices out once in a while. I'll tell you one thing about me in the stands, if I hear a song or a cheer that sounds good and is relevant, I'm gonna sing along. And I'd rather sing completely and end it properly then told to shush because a new cheer is being prepared.

As for drumming, personally I wouldn't mind the drums going on all game. But I can see why others might want to switch it up with something else.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make the whole south stand a "bunker". I'm talking hardpoints with machine guns and barbed wire, tank traps. Lets go.......

I'd say a united supporter stand in the south end, but then I'd be shot down and buried 12 feet deep......
    Last edited by JavierMartini; 12-22-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we can all get something together, with Phil and Coach and make the first 10 rows all SSH who come to every game and sing give them those seats or something. I know the on field play has taken its toll on our section, but being a supporter isnt just when your winning, its ups and downs, if i could be there game in game out losing my voice supporting the boys fucking eh i would, but with $$ and distance a factor I can't, we need to get the morale and togetherness back into the bunker asap.

Sad to hear man, i use to love catching a game in the first couple seasons in there although tickets where hard to come by but the atmosphere was amazing. I was in 115 this past year at the Revs game (the one where it was raining) and me and about 15 other guys started a We Love You chant going albeit it ran dead after a while, but i got a couple of them jumping and going. Id want that atmosphere full out back in the bunker so bad

Any ideas on what we can do this year coming up to get shit jumping in there again?, fuck lets restrict tickets just to people who will show up game in/out and jump chant and throw streams.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    It was a joke. I ment I was literally in the bunker when I posted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being competitive and winning games will fix a lot of things!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to change some of the negative/whiny sounding chants into something positive...like

"C'MON YOU REDS" just is getting awful whiny...doesn't inspire squat on the pitch, in my opinion

instead you could change it to (or maybe just do it on corners to)

"C'mon Toronto score a goal, score a goal, score a goo-ooo-ooaa-lll"

ie. http://en.fanchants.de/football-song...ny-chants/tor/

Problem is, people say great idea, let's do it...but then you try to start something like that, and it is like you are on an American Idol try-out in front of the judges with them giving you funny looks

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    That said, we are ultimately masters of our own fates and I think you brought up a few issues that we can indeed work on. I too have noticed that songs or chants started elsewhere has often been dismissed or even song over by us. I've only been in 112 sporadically the last two seasons but it's noticeable elsewhere in the stadium, and honestly, it does breed resentment when people try to start something during a period of relative silence just to have it silenced by the crowd in 112 or elsewhere in the supporter's section. I believe we should be proactive when it comes to creating the atmosphere, but we need to be inclusive towards other fans as well and let them try their voices out once in a while. I'll tell you one thing about me in the stands, if I hear a song or a cheer that sounds good and is relevant, I'm gonna sing along. And I'd rather sing completely and end it properly then told to shush because a new cheer is being prepared.
    I got to admit, I resent some of the stuff I hear elsewhere...but only when it is the 5th or 6th time doing that same damn chant or we just did it 3 minutes ago and have moved on from it

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I'd say a united supporter stand in the south end, but then I'd be shot down and buried 12 feet deep......
    GA...way to go...too many people here against that sadly; Timbers Army get it though
    Last edited by prizby; 12-23-2013 at 09:21 PM.